IGNORED

Barnsley fans

sglosbcfc

1 hour ago, sglosbcfc said:

Sort of missed them, they used to be on this forum almost daily telling us how wrong we got it appointing Lee Johnson. Funny how we're suddenly not hearing much from them.

Barnsley tyke seemed decent enough then he lost the plot

2 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Sort of missed them, they used to be on this forum almost daily telling us how wrong we got it appointing Lee Johnson. Funny how we're suddenly not hearing much from them.

It wasn’t just their fans telling us that though, was it..?! 

On the whole the Barnsley fans were alright. I think they mostly just echoed our own thoughts at the time. We have some decent opposition posters on here. Even our resident gasheads are alright. 

Remember the “be afraid, be very afraid” thread from a few years ago. Didn’t we hit them for 5?

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

On the whole the Barnsley fans were alright. I think they mostly just echoed our own thoughts at the time. We have some decent opposition posters on here. Even our resident gasheads are alright. 

Remember the “be afraid, be very afraid” thread from a few years ago. Didn’t we hit them for 5?

Yeah, think Danny Haynes torn them apart..

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Just looked him up...

hes still only 29 years old and has got 24 goals in 29 appearances for Cray Wanderers this season.  Whoever they are. 

I thought you had mistyped Bray Wanderers, but no they do exist and claim to be the second oldest club in the world!  They are currently 4th in the Isthmian League with games in hand on the teams above them. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cray_Wanderers_F.C. 

46 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I used to love Danny Haynes tearing teams apart. WBA was another one!

Although it didn’t happen very often..

Was that the game where he ripped the full back apart for 80 minutes and the camera switched to the full  backs face as we replaced him with Ivan Sproule?  :laughcont:

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I thought you had mistyped Bray Wanderers, but no they do exist and claim to be the second oldest club in the world!  They are currently 4th in the Isthmian League with games in hand on the teams above them. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cray_Wanderers_F.C. 

Was that the game where he ripped the full back apart for 80 minutes and the camera switched to the full  backs face as we replaced him with Ivan Sproule?  :laughcont:

Joe Mattock. I’ll always remember that.

FA Cup game featured on MOTD

53 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Think Gary made the joke that he was "almost suicidal" when we made the change! 

As much as Haynes and Sproule weren't the most skilled players they must have been a nightmare to play against on their day.

The Barnsley fans were fine (other than when Tyke lost his marbles). They were only reflecting the general thoughts on Lee Johnson up here; he was lucky he still had a job to leave when he took over at City and it showed a bit of disrespect. Most of them weren't particularly sad to see him go and I think 9 months ago we couldn't really have argued with them! Heckingbotham is doing a great job there on limited resources, but it's worked out rather nicely for us with LJ I reckon. So everyone's a winner

My mate and i are going up to sheffield for the weekend, we go to the match and the women go shopping at meadowhall (could be expensive). We are staying for the weekend so we will be at a loose end on saturday afternoon now that the match is on friday night, so i have noticed today that Barnsley are at home on saturday to Derby so we might pop along and have a look.  Happy Days  especially if we win on friday.

1 hour ago, dunsteral said:

My mate and i are going up to sheffield for the weekend, we go to the match and the women go shopping at meadowhall (could be expensive). We are staying for the weekend so we will be at a loose end on saturday afternoon now that the match is on friday night, so i have noticed today that Barnsley are at home on saturday to Derby so we might pop along and have a look.  Happy Days  especially if we win on friday.

If you're at a loose end on a Saturday afternoon in Sheffield, I think I'd go drinking in Kelham Island and sample some of the wonderful local beer. Or why not combine both and go see Hallam FC (in the Fullwood/Crosspool area) and watch them whilst drinking cracking Thornbridge beer in full view of the pitch? Save Barnsley for the end of March when we're just starting to wrap up our promotion season at Oakwell with a regulation win

1 hour ago, dunsteral said:

Thing is, you`ll be wanting Barnsley to win v Derby presumably?

2 hours ago, redsince1994 said:

Think Gary made the joke that he was "almost suicidal" when we made the change! 

As much as Haynes and Sproule weren't the most skilled players they must have been a nightmare to play against on their day.

still remember the goal sproule scored running the whole length of the pitch in the last minute when the keeper came up for a corner.

15 minutes ago, pillred said:

not sure, just remember thinking I had never seen a player run as fast and the cheer when it went in I'm sure some people expected him to somehow put it wide, perhaps somebody can tell us who it was against.

It was southampton, and he took a ridiculously indirect route but still had far too much pace. I did think we were going to see him slot it wide or pull of a Bas Savage, just wasn't sure which

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

It was southampton, and he took a ridiculously indirect route but still had far too much pace. I did think we were going to see him slot it wide or pull of a Bas Savage, just wasn't sure which

I believe GJ quipped after the game that he thought he was going to run straight down the tunnel with it!

20 minutes ago, pillred said:

not sure, just remember thinking I had never seen a player run as fast and the cheer when it went in I'm sure some people expected him to somehow put it wide, perhaps somebody can tell us who it was against.

Southampton

Archived