IGNORED

S82 Drum

BCFC J

13 minutes ago, Hartcliffe red said:

Basically i had the drum in my shed for couple of years because i knew the eastend drummer and after stick gate he literally chucked it in the road and said he had enough.i saved it and mentioned to the s82 lads who decided to give it a go.....fair play cus the new guy is doing a great job

This could be the key artefact for the BCFC museum.

Drum used effectively works well - as it was on Saturday. The problem with the chap in the east end is he didn't really use it well and didn't take feedback very well!

1 hour ago, Hartcliffe red said:

Basically i had the drum in my shed for couple of years because i knew the eastend drummer and after stick gate he literally chucked it in the road and said he had enough.i saved it and mentioned to the s82 lads who decided to give it a go.....fair play cus the new guy is doing a great job

And did you also hand over 1 or 2 drumsticks? :shocking: [Might be a trick question]

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Generally speaking, the problem with drums at football is that the person with the stick can't play it.

That said, I hope we don't get a repeat of the scenes we all witness when the EastEnd drum stick got STOLEN.

Oh my days. 

Did you all get a full body search?:blink:

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I must admit, I am usually against the damn things but on Saturday I did feel it was used correctly. In my opinion the problem with drums usually is that the player starts over riding any other chants that develop naturally. Saturday the drummer fell in with, and added to, the chants, especially the "We all hate gas scum, 17 years" thing that ran for long periods and almost started to develop into a "round".  

Do you still chant " Aden Flint is having a party"? Used to start quietly and build up . They're used to quizzical looks around the ground as the other stands could hear something but could work out what it was?

3 minutes ago, Midred said:

Do you still chant " Aden Flint is having a party"? Used to start quietly and build up . They're used to quizzical looks around the ground as the other stands could hear something but could work out what it was?

Yes we do, usually after Frankie has made a save or Flint has done something "Flint like" 

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes we do, usually after Frankie has made a save or Flint has done something "Flint like" 

Brilliant! At one match I was stood to one side of the singing section and it took  me ages to work it out. Too embarrassed to ask! 

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Thanks for advising us of what this chant was. All I got was the word "WE".

7 minutes ago, Midred said:

Brilliant! At one match I was stood to one side of the singing section and it took  me ages to work it out. Too embarrassed to ask! 

It appears that singing lessons are required to improve the diction among the singing section! Perhaps the club could get that bloke who does the choir programme to come in and give us some help? :) 

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

It appears that singing lessons are required to improve the diction among the singing section! Perhaps the club could get that bloke who does the choir programme to come in and give us some help? :) 

Heard Drink up thee Zider loud and clear through the tele on Saturday.  You're all doing a wonderful and eloquent job.

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

As they say, you can perform the impossible, miracles take a little longer! :chant6ez:

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Some absolute beauts on there.

How salty was @notterzx10

@RedDave was outstanding with the comebacks. My personal fave was when Notterz invited Dave to meet him, Dave replied with "you'll be the guy with one stick".

Incredible work Dave. :clapping:

Should really go in classics.

6 hours ago, BCFC J said:

Before I start this I'm going to state that I really appreciate the work that the lads in S82 try and do with giving up their own time and putting their hands in their pockets (I donated to the fundraiser a few weeks back) all to try and make the matchday experience proper and more enjoyable, but I do have one very petty gripe that I know a few others have moaned about as well....

The drum in S82. Now I used to stand in the East End when there was a drum in 13/14 and when it was eventually sacked off the atmosphere improved massively. Other than Tuesday night games where there's 17,500 in and only a taxi load of away fans in attendance I think the atmosphere at AG is generally OK compared to other grounds in this division that I've been to, but is there really any need for a drum? I get it may add to the atmosphere at times, but with 1,000 people stood in a corner and the South Stand that join in with the songs, is it needed? We're Bristol City not Reading, there are still lots of fans who want to go and make an atmosphere at home games, I just don't think it's required at Ashton Gate.

It's incredibly petty I know but it's not only me that's noticed it. I'm not completely dismissing it, if you think it massively adds to the atmosphere then I'll take that on board and say fair enough, but I just feel it's not really needed at Ashton Gate, we make our own noise.

Don't mind it to be fair, usually not a fan of them but that's when you have someone playing it consistently. It works well i think just to bang in the same way you would smack tin at the back of the stand but if we start sounding like one of those teams that sound like some kind of Indian tribe from afar then it will become quickly annoying.

We had lots of discussions in the summer about the potential return of the drum, and all contributors had very different takes on the subject!

We decided in the end that we would reintroduce it slowly and stealthily.  We brought it back for the 2nd or maybe 3rd home game this season with the intention of using it very sporadically - generally it's best use is for when we win a corner and the 'bang-bang-bang-bang - CITY' clapping chant can be timed well with the use of the drum.

As time is going on (and our man Tom is getting more familiar with his stick), he's using it to maintain a tempo on some songs, so it may have been more noticeable on Saturday.

The intention is definitely not to stifle any other songs, nor to overdo it.  It's just going to be used sporadically and hopefully in the right places and doesn't become overbearing.

As with anything, when it's done well, it can be very good. When overdone, it can be very bad.  We do hope to continue to keep it simple and keep it good.

Just now, Harry said:

We had lots of discussions in the summer about the potential return of the drum, and all contributors had very different takes on the subject!

We decided in the end that we would reintroduce it slowly and stealthily.  We brought it back for the 2nd or maybe 3rd home game this season with the intention of using it very sporadically - generally it's best use is for when we win a corner and the 'bang-bang-bang-bang - CITY' clapping chant can be timed well with the use of the drum.

As time is going on (and our man Tom is getting more familiar with his stick), he's using it to maintain a tempo on some songs, so it may have been more noticeable on Saturday.

The intention is definitely not to stifle any other songs, nor to overdo it.  It's just going to be used sporadically and hopefully in the right places and doesn't become overbearing.

As with anything, when it's done well, it can be very good. When overdone, it can be very bad.  We do hope to continue to keep it simple and keep it good.

The use of it in the 17 years chant was top class. Almost operatic. 

Archived