IGNORED

Take a bow LJ

Abraham Romanovich

Lee Johnson really has done a top job. 

Regardless of whether you were Johnson in or Johnson out last year, I hope everyone is appreciating what a very good team we are right now. 

Its obvious there are still those out there who still don't like him. Probably those that  berated him last year, and can't deal with the fact they were proven wrong (you only have to look at the replies to Citys twitter when the team is announced every week, there are those who still think they know better). On the flip side, there are also so many that wanted him out but have recognised the turnaround and are fully backing him.

For me personally, I backed him through the tough times, and I am delighted like most at our current situation. He's passionate about Bristol City, and I think this is reflected in our players and our play. 

Long may this continue.

1 hour ago, ForeverRes said:

Lee Johnson really has done a top job. 

Regardless of whether you were Johnson in or Johnson out last year, I hope everyone is appreciating what a very good team we are right now. 

Its obvious there are still those out there who still don't like him. Probably those that  berated him last year, and can't deal with the fact they were proven wrong (you only have to look at the replies to Citys twitter when the team is announced every week, there are those who still think they know better). On the flip side, there are also so many that wanted him out but have recognised the turnaround and are fully backing him.

For me personally, I backed him through the tough times, and I am delighted like most at our current situation. He's passionate about Bristol City, and I think this is reflected in our players and our play. 

Long may this continue.

Likewise for myself.

Not so much about LJ himself, but probably more a case of wanting to see a Head Coach / Manager here given a chance, for a prolonged period, and giving us some stability.

LJ has been given that chance, he has taken it, and we are now seeing the benefit.

I wanted him to go in the end, after giving him more last chances than I can remember, but I wanted him to succeed and he did keep us up in the end. This season has been amazing so far and he must take most of thecredit for that, though I wonder how much credit ought to go to Jamie Mac as well.

I wanted him to succeed and he has proved many of us wrong.  I am happy to admit that I was wrong.

Keep up the good work guys.

The zippy, pinball passing is a delight to watch when it comes off - not only are we getting great form and results, but also some of the best standard and quality of football seen from a City team that I can remember. Wins and entertainment. And league cup quarter-finals. 

Some of the goals scored under LJ - for example, Blackburn away (Tammy) and QPR home (Pato) last season, even the two Saturday - have been superb, thrilling examples of teamwork, technique and good old pass-n-move. 

Great stuff. Take a bow when we have achieved/won something though (promotion/League Cup etc).

3 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

"The way Bristol City played one touch pass after another and our midfield looked lost chasing them.

Only a few premier sides managed to do that last season"

Taken from the Boro website matchday thread.

Crawler! Are you chairman of the fan club? (Personal comment as he sits next to me at games)

2 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Likewise for myself.

Not so much about LJ himself, but probably more a case of wanting to see a Head Coach / Manager here given a chance, for a prolonged period, and giving us some stability.

LJ has been given that chance, he has taken it, and we are now seeing the benefit.

I can't like this enough! COYR 

The man who should take a bow is Steve Lansdown. His belief in his own judgement last season was truly remarkable and his determination not to sack LJ has now proven to be the right decision. I'm pretty certain that had LJ been managing any other club he'd have been sacked.

Only once during that run of defeats did I actually want LJ gone. The 0-2 defeat to Flum was the lowest point for me and so angry was I that fired off an emai to Jon Lansdown saying that LJ was out of his depth.............:facepalm:

After that episode of anger and frustration I began to pay greater attention to LJs interviews in an effort to understand what SL saw in him and gradually I began to realise. LJ has always been a good communicator and the more I listened the more I understood what he was trying to do. I began to see the wider picture which eventually became clear.

Essentially SL stuck by LJ because he trusted him to implement his own long term strategy for the club. That came over loud and clear during SLs interview on the Subs Bench. That particular interview made me appreciate why SL is a self made billionaire.

27 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I hope not. Some of the football we've been playing this season is much better than his dad had to offer.  Still waiting for him to bare his backside in Burtons too.

Ha! I only meant it in the sense of managing us and if we stay in play offs at end of season.

Hopefully the similarities end RIGHT THERE!

I am so pleased he's turned it around.

I backed him more than most and reluctantly just thought that he'd run out of ideas just like his Dad did.

It just goes to further illustrate how different things are done here both on and off the pitch.

Make no mistake times are changing.

The key now is keeping the players healthy and having the right recruitment in place for January. That is vital.

The Barnsley way is the right way and it's easy to belittle their season but in all honesty he's had to sell anybody and  everybody who's any good so it will take time to start again.

6 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Not only did I want him gone, I was very vocal about it and ridiculed those who were still behind him.

If anybody wants to point at me and go na-na-na-na-na, I would gladly let them. Humble pie in this case tastes absolutely wonderful.

Image result for take a bow

5 hours ago, Big Nose said:

Also take a bow - the chairman, for sticking with the manager during that sticky patch

actor-bowing-2.jpg

9 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I wanted him to go in the end, after giving him more last chances than I can remember, but I wanted him to succeed and he did keep us up in the end. This season has been amazing so far and he must take most of thecredit for that, though I wonder how much credit ought to go to Jamie Mac as well.

I wanted him to succeed and he has proved many of us wrong.  I am happy to admit that I was wrong.

Keep up the good work guys.

They are a team

The three amigos.

You cant give one credit without giving it to the other two. Just like a team in fact.

I wanted him out also.  I am big enough to admit I was wrong.  Well wrong in fact. 

Johnson is the real deal, and I hope he is tested at the highest level, because he deserves it after last season

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

The man who should take a bow is Steve Lansdown. His belief in his own judgement last season was truly remarkable and his determination not to sack LJ has now proven to be the right decision. I'm pretty certain that had LJ been managing any other club he'd have been sacked.

Only once during that run of defeats did I actually want LJ gone. The 0-2 defeat to Flum was the lowest point for me and so angry was I that fired off an emai to Jon Lansdown saying that LJ was out of his depth.............:facepalm:

After that episode of anger and frustration I began to pay greater attention to LJs interviews in an effort to understand what SL saw in him and gradually I began to realise. LJ has always been a good communicator and the more I listened the more I understood what he was trying to do. I began to see the wider picture which eventually became clear.

Essentially SL stuck by LJ because he trusted him to implement his own long term strategy for the club. That came over loud and clear during SLs interview on the Subs Bench. That particular interview made me appreciate why SL is a self made billionaire.

So I assume that you have since sent a follow up email to Jon..?

14 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Not only did I want him gone, I was very vocal about it and ridiculed those who were still behind him.

If anybody wants to point at me and go na-na-na-na-na, I would gladly let them. Humble pie in this case tastes absolutely wonderful.

Same here. It was utter rubbish at times last season and, like Wanderingred, I was vocal in my condemnation of both Lee J for the impending relegation and Steve L for not listening to the fans.

Unfortunately, the amount of humble pie I've had to eat means I've put on at least a stone. That's my excuse anyway! ;)

I'll also give kudos to both Jamie Mac and Dean Holden as the team of 3 blatantly work well together. Long may it continue.

I notice everyone's favourite pantomime villian @Thatch35 has been "laughing" at any of the positive posts on here.  You have to wonder what kind of mindset someone must have when they can't just step back and say, I got it wrong and it's time to enjoy where we are. 

21 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I notice everyone's favourite pantomime villian @Thatch35 has been "laughing" at any of the positive posts on here.  You have to wonder what kind of mindset someone must have when they can't just step back and say, I got it wrong and it's time to enjoy where we are. 

Have Thatch35 and Lee Tomlin ever been seen in the same room together?

As others have said very much a team thing I think. The arrival of Jamie Mc & the removal of Tomlin at the back end of last season had a huge effect. The players recruited by Mark Ashton last reason fulfilling their potential this season, and of course the backing of Steve Lansdown throughout. We seem more settled than we have been for a long time at the moment. (Yup, I know January is only weeks away)

Archived