IGNORED

Infant Kits

alexukhc

So today I received my little boys 1st one year birthday present, the purple and lime away personalised full kit. Being a small one year old I wanted to make the kit last so bought a 2 year old kit, the sizing Is the smallest thing I’ve ever seen, looks like the 4years is the correct size!! 

Can’t get a refund or exchange as I got his name and number on the back! 

What a nightmare!! Any other parents with similar problems?

As much as you want to get your kids into a city shirt, don't bother.  Even if you get one that miraculously fits they'll immediately have a growth spurt and grow out of it in about 3 days.  I'd stick the money aside for the first season ticket or buy them a city toy, football or something.  

As for not getting a refund Chris is right, if they've essentially sold the wrong size it's their fault.

8 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I bought the up to 1 year one for my then 5 month old nephew a couple of months ago and the shirt is already too small for him, and he's by no means big for his age. However the shorts are massive and look like they'd fit him until he's 3 or 4.

Same problem, totally agree about the shorts, ridiculous  

13 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I have to say that my 3 year old fits perfectly into the 3 year old kit. He’s absolutely average height and slim. 

Are you sure you’ve not got a dodgy one..?

A dodgy kid? Maybe, he’s got a big head!!

Looking at size measurements now

the site has no measurements on infant kits

I bought one for my 3 year old which generally fits fine everywhere else but is extremely long! So much so that it needs to be tucked in lest everyone think he's wearing a City dress! He is by no means short either, in fact he is taller than average for his age. :blink:

I've bought one for him every year since he was 1, some have been too tight, some have been too big. It seems it is a bit of a lottery as to how each one will fit each year. 

On 04/12/2017 at 21:04, Chris_Brown said:

I suggest measuring the kit and comparing it with the sizing of similar clothing from reputable manufacturers. If the City kit is significantly smaller then I'd suggest you'd have a case for being refunded regardless of there being a name and number on the back. 

Got an email today, even though the sizing is wrong, because it’s personalised they can’t refund me, grr! Told me to always check sizing yet I told them there is no guidelines and they ignored that, how annoying 

6 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Got an email today, even though the sizing is wrong, because it’s personalised they can’t refund me, grr! Told me to always check sizing yet I told them there is no guidelines and they ignored that, how annoying 

Surely if your child is of average size then it's up to the club to check THEIR sizing?

3 hours ago, alexukhc said:

If it were me, I would persist as the kit has been mis-sold. If a kit is labelled "2 years" but has no chance of fitting a 2 year old then it is not as described. (if the item is grossly under or oversized compared to similar items showing the same size in the label from a reputable manufacturer - sports direct have a size guide online which shows the sizing from different manufacturers including Nike and Adidas, this may be of help). 

Out of interest, have you taken some measurements? If so, what are they?

This may be of some help also: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange#goods

Archived