IGNORED

BALLS!

bristolmoose

Mods: Feel free to move this to non-football chat but I suspect more read this part of the forum.

Just a gentle reminder to give your personal supply of balls the once over now and again. 

A few weeks ago we noticed I had what seemed a 50% bonus in the happy sack. I am now writing this, convalescing after having it removed on Friday. Currently I am about as mobile as the Bristol Rover's defence.
This forum is always the first site I visit to cheer me up and lately I've needed it, although not sure laughing is helping the Frankensteinesque scar across my midriff!

One of the things that struck me was the number of medical professionals complementing me on how quickly I followed it up. Apparently it's not uncommon for men to turn up having had lumps and bumps there for three years before seeking advice, which is horrifying, so for goodness sake don't ignore anything like that or let embarrassment get the better of you. Just go to the doctor and..ahem..Johnson out!

Thanks for reading, now get back to writing funny things about the football.

Moose

Glad you're on the road to recovery. The macho male of the human species needs to share personal information like the ladies do. You've highlighted testicular cancer which mostly affects young men.

And the good news is that if you survive that, then the dear old prostate will almost certainly bother you when late middle and old age beckons.

Don't keep secrets to yourself; talk to others and give yourself a better chance of staying healthy.

6 hours ago, bristolmoose said:

Mods: Feel free to move this to non-football chat but I suspect more read this part of the forum.

Just a gentle reminder to give your personal supply of balls the once over now and again. 

A few weeks ago we noticed I had what seemed a 50% bonus in the happy sack. I am now writing this, convalescing after having it removed on Friday. Currently I am about as mobile as the Bristol Rover's defence.
This forum is always the first site I visit to cheer me up and lately I've needed it, although not sure laughing is helping the Frankensteinesque scar across my midriff!

One of the things that struck me was the number of medical professionals complementing me on how quickly I followed it up. Apparently it's not uncommon for men to turn up having had lumps and bumps there for three years before seeking advice, which is horrifying, so for goodness sake don't ignore anything like that or let embarrassment get the better of you. Just go to the doctor and..ahem..Johnson out!

Moose

Well done mate.

I always like to combine it with a scratch! (Alan Partridge)

hope the recovery is coming along well. 

6 hours ago, bristolmoose said:

Moose

Speedy recovery mate. 

Cancer effects all of us, yet us males don't seem to approach it like our female counter parts.

2 hours ago, 054123 said:

Speedy recovery mate. 

Cancer effects all of us, yet us males don't seem to approach it like our female counter parts.

Couldn't agree more, we all think we are so tough & it couldn't be us it will happen to.

All the very best to you Moose.

Best to you Bristolmoose. Let's not forget that no less a man than Sir Bobby Moore was the victim of this problem. Indeed, at one stage he would show off in the changing rooms his double-sized plum. If he could be so open about the disease then anyone should.

Archived