IGNORED

Dubai/UAE Bristol City supporters

Andre_The_Giant

As long as I'm not treading on any toes I'll set up a Facebook page - a BCFC Supporters Club UAE group - that way anyone interested can join the group and/or meet for televised games.

If anybody fancies watching the remaining Sky games in December they'd be welcome to join us - I have some venues in mind, just need to double check with them.

1 hour ago, Andre_The_Giant said:

As long as I'm not treading on any toes I'll set up a Facebook page - a BCFC Supporters Club UAE group - that way anyone interested can join the group and/or meet for televised games.

If anybody fancies watching the remaining Sky games in December they'd be welcome to join us - I have some venues in mind, just need to double check with them.

Could you post the link once it's set up?

Qatar getting the 2022 World Cup is crazy. Having lived here for a year now and watching a few local games. The stadiums are impressive but all the games (apart from Qatar v Iran) are played in empty stadiums. There is no local football culture at all. Beer is really expensive and you can only buy it in the posh hotels. There is one booze shop in the whole country and that you have to have a licence for. It will impossible to keep thirsty fans happy at the world cup here. I'm sure the stadiums and facilities will be impressive, but it will go down as the most boring world cup for fans ever! 

4 hours ago, Robin in Qatar said:

Qatar getting the 2022 World Cup is crazy. Having lived here for a year now and watching a few local games. The stadiums are impressive but all the games (apart from Qatar v Iran) are played in empty stadiums. There is no local football culture at all. Beer is really expensive and you can only buy it in the posh hotels. There is one booze shop in the whole country and that you have to have a licence for. It will impossible to keep thirsty fans happy at the world cup here. I'm sure the stadiums and facilities will be impressive, but it will go down as the most boring world cup for fans ever! 

Are women allowed to go? That's my real bugbear …:argh:

There are 'family sections' in the local league games where women can go. There are only male sections. Went to local league game in December with my wife and we were directed to the 'family section'.

Zero atmosphere at local games here. Xavi (ex Barca player) plays for Al Sadd, even the games he plays in you may get less then 1,000. Hope the FA (Qatar) here can attract more fans to the games because it's a shame as the stadiums they have and are building look impressive. 

Archived