IGNORED

Our club shop is poor (Merged)

BCFC@Frome

So with Christmas just 3 weeks away, a fantastic league campaign thus far and a small matter of a cup 1/4 final, like many others i'm going to be getting the kids Bristol City shirts to unwrap on the 25th...

Well that was the plan. @Mkelly how come so many sizes of our own in house supplied kits are out of stock? I'm sure demand is pretty high for the reasons stated above but do we have no control over the supplier we use?

I went down the other week when they had the sale on, virtually no adult replica shirts and no Christmas jumpers.

Not only is it shoddy work, they are really missing out on income. At a time when they have upped their game on so many counts they are missing out on a lot of income. Shirts are more sellable at Christmas, people who wouldn't buy normally could get them as presents, it is the time for spending too much after all.

This was one of the reasons given for going in-house on the kit manufacturing - too often the "named brands" were slow at issuing stock, or not issuing enough in the first place. By going "in house" we had greater control over design and quantity issued.

When I get to the Gate, it's not unusual to find large numbers of huge sizes and little of the others, or loads of the really small ones and no larger. I'm not sure much has changed.

Also I think (could be wrong) we would be able to get a better price for the fans on shirt sales. The last full price Adidas shirt I bought was the same price as the last Bristol Sport shirt.

24 minutes ago, Taz said:

This was one of the reasons given for going in-house on the kit manufacturing - too often the "named brands" were slow at issuing stock, or not issuing enough in the first place. By going "in house" we had greater control over design and quantity issued.

When I get to the Gate, it's not unusual to find large numbers of huge sizes and little of the others, or loads of the really small ones and no larger. I'm not sure much has changed.

Also I think (could be wrong) we would be able to get a better price for the fans on shirt sales. The last full price Adidas shirt I bought was the same price as the last Bristol Sport shirt.

I think the fact that some of our kits turned up with Oxford United labels in them, shows we probably don't have the amount of control as the club let on.

The shop have probably based their stock holding using historical sales data and this time last year there was a significant drop in demand! ;)

If the kit didn’t change every year, perhaps stock holding levels would be higher?

Perhaps stock replenishment needs to be linked to the software which monitors players’ performance and improvement? :whistle:

1 hour ago, Beezey said:

I can only add to what’s been written. Went online to order two kids shirts, the only size available is for a 6 year old. So with names on the back the club have missed out on seventy odd quid. Shocking really. 

Was looking to get 2 replica shirts for my girls who are 18 months & 3 years old.

so is that right ? The youngest kit you can get is for a 6 year old ?

1 hour ago, Beezey said:

I can only add to what’s been written. Went online to order two kids shirts, the only size available is for a 6 year old. So with names on the back the club have missed out on seventy odd quid. Shocking really. 

Just looked into this you can buy the mini kits on the Bristol Sport website.

They cater for 2 year olds upwards.

Just to clarify to all.

No home shirts available. Medium or large. Asked helpful store assistant who confirmed could not Guarantee new stock here before Christmas. Bad Bad Management especially at this time.

All of you email the club 

4 hours ago, Taz said:

Not for me. Mr Peg is 3XL (shoulders like a cart horse) and trying to find a City or Egg Chaser shirt for him is like trying to get Rovers into the Prem.

Adam has posted this answer in the Q&A section, as these things are important especially during this time of year I have highlighted it here for anyone who may miss the response.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/update-on-home-shirt-stocks/

Basically more stock of shirts etc expected w/c 17th Dec or possibly before. Phew.

I'm sorry but this is a pack of lies from the club:

"Currently stocks of small, medium and large home shirts have sold out in store and online, following bumper Black Friday sales."

I received the "Bristol City Black Friday Weekend Deals" email and instantly went online to buy a home shirt - smallest size available was Large. Hours later on Black Friday afternoon it was only XL and upwards. Simply, the club never had stock available to purchase even on Black Friday.

I understand the store had better stock levels, but otherwise this has been an e-commerce disaster; it was bad enough with supply, even worse sending out mass-marketing with almost no availability on your home kit.

3 minutes ago, BCFC@Frome said:

So they will be in stock the day after our final pre Christmas match. No season cardholder discount available online, unable to place an order over the phone, unable to pre-order. A bit of a balls up really.

Stock is due the week starting the 17th, we have a game after the 17th.

The stock could also come earlier.

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Stock is due the week starting the 17th, we have a game after the 17th.

The stock could also come earlier.

Ah yes, the small matter of a cup 1/4 final appeared to slip my mind, sorry about that.  Could be a busy evening in the club shop. Although I think we now have a merchandise kiosk in the fan zone now. Does anyone know if they print shirts in there?

Red zeppelin. We think the same bad management. First Response to me from club today via Adam. Vast income lost big thank you for Store Staff for any fans bad reaction. But any Football Club without Home Shirts available what is going t

I'm a little annoyed to be honest that I was able to buy a shirt online, on November 24th, with no mention at all that there wouldn't be stock, and only find out now that there is a stock issue and it should be in by 17th. Or maybe before. I then need to rely on the club getting it sent out in time for me to give it as a Christmas present. 

When I ordered, large was, according to the website, available. 

I also ordered a ladies away shirt but no sign of that either. Wonder if they didn't have any stock of that one?!

Dolly 

All I want is honestly from Club. Went into store on Black Friday to buy Medium shirt for me and large for my son. At 10 am. Was told none available. Asked when next stock in staff did not know when understand that. So simple sign on sports store door masssge on site. Fans Still unhappy but we know what's happening. Today First acceptance Fans not happy

It isn't that surprising that keeping a full stock of kits is difficult when you think about it.

There will be a minimum volume you can order from the manufacturer and the lower you go the more expensive it will be per shirt. 

There will also be a lead time, and popular sizes like L and XL will sell about 10x the rate of the smaller sizes making it harder to predict.

Then things like the ManU game come along and throw estimates off.

The stock is essentially worthless past the new year as well.

It's not like they're selling regular clothing that has a national market and margins will be much tighter.

If you want to be sure of one you need to buy it as soon as they arrive in stock in the summer really.

It will change after our european campaign in 2020 mind.

Mrs went to buy me a Purple & Lime away shirt in XL last night but didn't have any in stock. She called the shop up and they had some in the shop but obviously living up north she couldn't get down to get one nor could they take payment over the phone. They said to order a different size and they'd save an XL for me and send that up instead, very good customer service was impressed! 

Archived