IGNORED

Our club shop is poor (Merged)

BCFC@Frome

2 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Mrs went to buy me a Purple & Lime away shirt in XL last night but didn't have any in stock. She called the shop up and they had some in the shop but obviously living up north she couldn't get down to get one nor could they take payment over the phone. They said to order a different size and they'd save an XL for me and send that up instead, very good customer service was impressed! 

You were impressed that their online stock isn’t in any way linked to what they have in-store?

It’s 2018, not 1998... 

55 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

You were impressed that their online stock isn’t in any way linked to what they have in-store?

It’s 2018, not 1998... 

Impressed it's how they dealt with it! I did think it was poor considering how close it is to Christmas and they don't have popular sizes on online

• Admin
2 hours ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Mrs went to buy me a Purple & Lime away shirt in XL last night but didn't have any in stock. She called the shop up and they had some in the shop but obviously living up north she couldn't get down to get one nor could they take payment over the phone. They said to order a different size and they'd save an XL for me and send that up instead, very good customer service was impressed! 

How backward is that?

They should have been able to take an order over the phone!

Instead they want you to order the wrong item, but they will send you the item you actually wanted?

All I know if I was running any sales and an item of stock ran out without sufficient replacement there would be serious questions to be asked, but we are not talking about one item we are talking about lots of different sizes, nothing short of a shambles!!

8 minutes ago, Super said:

Any half and half united scarves?

Hopefully not officially, we wouldn’t stoop that low...would we?

Now you have actually got me worried, maybe the suppliers have been flat out making them and not the shirts. If I find one of these on my seat I won’t be responsible for what I might do with it.:bruce_h4h:

1 minute ago, phantom said:

How backward is that?

They should have been able to take an order over the phone!

Instead they want you to order the wrong item, but they will send you the item you actually wanted?

All I know if I was running any sales and an item of stock ran out without sufficient replacement there would be serious questions to be asked, but we are not talking about one item we are talking about lots of different sizes, nothing short of a shambles!!

I’ve never been involved in retail in my life but shouldn’t you know how long more stock will take to arrive and when items sold only leave you with a certain number left then order some more? Aren’t certain sizes always more popular so you order more of them to begin with? 

When do I start?

• Admin
12 minutes ago, RedM said:

I’ve never been involved in retail in my life but shouldn’t you know how long more stock will take to arrive and when items sold only leave you with a certain number left then order some more? Aren’t certain sizes always more popular so you order more of them to begin with? 

and that is just the basics !

any self respecting business would AT WORST have a point where a new order needs to be made for an item running low

6 minutes ago, Leveller said:

To be fair, the shop and everything about it has been the one cockup in the whole redevelopment. I’m still hoping it will be expanded and ideally moved.

Don’t think so. It was going to be expanded upstairs into the space earmarked for the museum but that has now been taken by the Supporters Club and Trust Members only bar. I guess if/when the Wickes site is developed there could be a rethink as it certainly needs one. I make a point of going to every away clubs shop and 99% of the time ours is very poor both in size and range of items it stocks.

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Don’t think so. It was going to be expanded upstairs into the space earmarked for the museum but that has now been taken by the Supporters Club and Trust Members only bar. I guess if/when the Wickes site is developed there could be a rethink as it certainly needs one. I make a point of going to every away clubs shop and 99% of the time ours is very poor both in size and range of items it stocks.

I agree a stand-alone store outside the stadium would be a better plan.

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

any self respecting business would AT WORST have a point where a new order needs to be made for an item running low

I always find it disappointing when I ask staff for something they haven’t got a clue if they got it ‘upstairs’ or not. ‘ might have, dunno, do you want me to look?’ They haven’t got that big a range of stock surely they should know, or if they suddenly sell a few medium shirts put some more out. Saves customers having to find sulky staff who treat you like you are interrupting them, I spoke to someone who should know better recently and he wasn’t best pleased he had to stop leaning against a pillar to help me!!!

38 minutes ago, phantom said:

You'd think , wouldn't you. As everything is scanned , and even home fridges can come with a re-order facility , it would not be difficult to at least set up an alert when stocks run low.
I went down on the Saturday after "Black Friday" and they had no adult Christmas jumpers( come to that no Med or L playing shirts) . It's a small thing but, I believe they sold out last year, even if they had a good Friday sales wise surely they would have had extra stock? For that weekend alone they should have made sure they had all items in all sizes available. If it was a stand alone business heads would have rolled for missing out on weeks of Christmas revenue.

The entire shop, logistics, and supply is a joke. I've had issues in the past with shirts arriving (I'm an exile so I have to order online) dirty, grubby, badly printed etc, but this year has been laughable on a new scale.

A month ago I ordered a home and an away shirt. The away shirt arrived with a bad manufacturing fault that should have been picked up by the shop staff before it went to the shop floor. I contacted the shop and after a week of chasing they sent me a replacement shirt FOC (fair enough I thought), but the second away shirt arrived with glue/print embedded on the front of the shirt! which I assume is residue from the screen press that heat presses on the sponsor. there is no way that shirt should have made it onto the shop floor either.

I emailed them 2 weeks ago asking what they wanted to do now, last night I had a call where they told me I had to send the shirt back recorded delivery (at my expense) and they would send out another one. the girl on the phone sounded run off her feet, and I felt sorry for her they are clearly getting a lot of complaints/queries.

So in short two shirts made their way onto the shop floor without being checked, both posted to me, no refunds/orders over the phone, stock not linked to any sort of system. Shirts out of stock at the busiest time of the year at a point in time where we are on the verge of great things. they should be maximizing opportunities, given the ridiculously large margins they have in merchandise.

It's embarrassing. It's the last time I'm going to be ordering things until this shop gets sorted.

Back in the 1960s part of one guys job was to receive copies of material requisitions after the item had been supplied to the requestor by the stores. He then deducted the number of supplied items from the totals on a set of cards that matched all the items held in stock. Therefore he was aware of the running stock totals. When this total reached a stock reordering level, based on supply time and average demand, he reordered the stock item.

Maybe the current stocking system, which I presume is computer managed, could be replaced by something far more reliable that was used in the 1960s. Can't bring poor old Reg back to sort it out though as he has long passed on.

Or is it a case of no one having a clue what is going on.

5 minutes ago, dave36 said:

No adult replica shirts unless you are XL or bigger, no red scarves unless you want a festive one!

When will they wake up to demand? Not even able to reserve or give stock alerts - poor service

Think we had this out on here a few days ago. Supposed to be new stock on the 21st(?)

3 minutes ago, dave36 said:

No adult replica shirts unless you are XL or bigger, no red scarves unless you want a festive one!

When will they wake up to demand? Not even able to reserve or give stock alerts - poor service

its already been posted Dave, there is further stock coming on week commencing 17th, due to our current good form and league position and the fact we are playing attractive football then I'd imagine that demand for our stuff has been reaching unprecedented levels,

It's also a good thing we source and make our own kit rater the using adidas and the likes as chances are we'd get nothing, god I remember when we didn't get new shirts (team  included) til about September one season 

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

its already been posted Dave, there is further stock coming on week commencing 17th, due to our current good form and league position and the fact we are playing attractive football then I'd imagine that demand for our stuff has been reaching unprecedented levels,

It's also a good thing we source and make our own kit rater the using adidas and the likes as chances are we'd get nothing, god I remember when we didn't get new shirts (team  included) til about September one season 

It's a complete shambles every year.

9 minutes ago, Super said:

It's a complete shambles every year.

no it's not I've never had an issue but then I tend to get all the stuff I want at the start of the season, when stock is high,

it's no different then any other shop running out of stock

22 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

17 th, that's the one. The Adidas kits were horrid too, especially when every club in the fl basically had ours but in a different colour.

40 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Shop could have been much bigger with a wider variety. No baby merchandise at all which is rubbish especially for my little one. 

Archived