IGNORED

Our club shop is poor (Merged)

BCFC@Frome

3 minutes ago, Nick Wilde said:

Small and Medium Home shirts back in stock today, my girlfriend wanted one for tomorrow’s game so I’ve been checking constantly and they are back on the website today so have ordered and will pick up from AG later. 

Glad it's not just me sat waiting for stock to update online. My Dad was told stock was due in today. Not sure if they will update the site or just have everything in the shop to sell tomorrow. I am unable to make the game tomorrow so was hoping to order it for someone to collect for me.

The wait continues..... 

31 minutes ago, BCFC@Frome said:

Glad it's not just me sat waiting for stock to update online. My Dad was told stock was due in today. Not sure if they will update the site or just have everything in the shop to sell tomorrow. I am unable to make the game tomorrow so was hoping to order it for someone to collect for me.

The wait continues..... 

Small and Medium are available on the website just not large and extra large.

http://shop.bristol-sport.co.uk/football/replica-kit/pre-order-bcfc-17-18-adult-home-shirt

I went into the shop for the first time at the weekend. My overall impression is that it's way too small. Club shops sell a lot of stuff these days and we've got the rugby gear in there as well now. The fixtures are far too close together (I saw several kids catching their heads on the ends of fixtures etc.). Get a crowd in there and the queuing system is non existent. It looks good, but definitely room for improvement.  

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

I bought a gnome a few years back, all the paint wore off within a couple of months of English weather - now just a shell shape hiding in the weeds

Nooo, don’t put your Gnomes outside! Mine sit on my kitchen window sill looking out. I really need the knee slide one. 

11 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

We need a much bigger shop can’t believe the club didn’t plan for this. Key rings, posters and other 99p items we need to promote them. 

I'd build a gert big shop over on the site where the arena is going to be, and use the vacated shop space to add some seating for the sports bar. 

In York, the Tourist Info Centre near the Minster and Shambles stocks York City shirts and scarves.

In Glasgow, Rangers have a club shop in the town centre tapping into the tourists looking or momento.

In Peterborough the Town Hall is in the centre and built into it is a Tourist Info Centre. They sell PUFC shirts & scarves.

Is there an ideal location for a Bristol City / Sport shop / megastore in say, Broadmead?

56 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

We need a much bigger shop can’t believe the club didn’t plan for this. Key rings, posters and other 99p items we need to promote them. 

I miss the cardboard box full of old programmes they used to keep on the counter when the shop was at the Open End.

59 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Massive oversight from Bristol Sport not to do better. Seen more on offer at every away game so far this season. Only BS that can’t get it right. Embarrassing when you see the rest of Ashton Gate looking so impressive. Shambles. 

28 minutes ago, 22A said:

In York, the Tourist Info Centre near the Minster and Shambles stocks York City shirts and scarves.

In Glasgow, Rangers have a club shop in the town centre tapping into the tourists looking or momento.

In Peterborough the Town Hall is in the centre and built into it is a Tourist Info Centre. They sell PUFC shirts & scarves.

Is there an ideal location for a Bristol City / Sport shop / megastore in say, Broadmead?

There was a few years ago but the high rents pushed them out. I was in Birmingham last weekend and noticed Villa have closed their shop down in the centre of the city, price of not going back automatically I guess.

1 hour ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

You might be joking but it’s these little ‘pocket money’ items that gets the youngsters dragging their parents in week after week. I’ve been at away grounds and seen this happen, parents asking their kiddies ‘which player photo do you want this week’. 

Just to add fuel to this fire - already well lit - my son and I went into the shop last weekend to buy a ‘normal’ home scarf - didn’t want a Xmas one, or a Man Utd half and half scarf - just a normal Red home scarf. 

The chap in the shop knew exactly where the scarves were - but they had only ‘black’ ones. When we asked when more stock was due .......  March 2018!!!!!!

One word for it - INCOMPETENT!!

8 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Exactly this, Red. Not rocket science is it?!

I think if I was a parent of a young child now I would be afraid to take them into the shop very often as I couldn’t afford to buy an over priced teddy etc every week, and no child like to just look do they. These children I saw buying items at the away grounds was part of their match day routine, and it was really nice. 

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

I think if I was a parent of a young child now I would be afraid to take them into the shop very often as I couldn’t afford to buy an over priced teddy etc every week, and no child like to just look do they. These children I saw buying items at the away grounds was part of their match day routine, and it was really nice. 

Exactly this. Just look at reading or Watford to see how it should be done. City missing a trick 

16 minutes ago, RedM said:

Can’t agree more Red. Lost count of teams who’ve got this right where we get it so wrong.

5 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Can’t agree more Red. Lost count of teams who’ve got this right where we get it so wrong.

I guess it must be all about profit, and more to be made on a high priced item. But they might only sell a couple a week. I think if they got kiddies in every week spending small amounts they might see a ‘big’ item and ask for it for birthday etc.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

I guess it must be all about profit, and more to be made on a high priced item. But they might only sell a couple a week. I think if they got kiddies in every week spending small amounts they might see a ‘big’ item and ask for it for birthday etc.

Not to mention the parents tempted by higher price items whilst being dragged round by the kiddies. 

1 hour ago, Denbury Red said:

Just to add fuel to this fire - already well lit - my son and I went into the shop last weekend to buy a ‘normal’ home scarf - didn’t want a Xmas one, or a Man Utd half and half scarf - just a normal Red home scarf. 

The chap in the shop knew exactly where the scarves were - but they had only ‘black’ ones. When we asked when more stock was due .......  March 2018!!!!!!

One word for it - INCOMPETENT!!

I can understand them not waiting to overstock calendars and shirts as they have a limited lifespan, but things like scarves aren't going to date so like you say, no reason why they should be in short supply.

2 hours ago, RedM said:

There was a few years ago but the high rents pushed them out. I was in Birmingham last weekend and noticed Villa have closed their shop down in the centre of the city, price of not going back automatically I guess.

Our Tourist Information Centre is down at the Watershed overlooking the Harbour.

I’ve never understood why our stuff isn’t on sale in any of the generic sports shops in town- surely even a small display of local kit etc isn’t too much to expect? I even think this should include kit for those poor souls wanting blue kit... It’s all about supporting your local team rather than only having the usual top 6 kit available.

Archived