IGNORED

Sheffield United (A)

BCFC J

I'm so annoyed this have been moved to a Friday, especially given the two aways after this we've been given shite allocations for no explicable reason.

Who's going then & how many we gonna have up there? Should be pushing 750 you'd think given how big a game this is.

21 minutes ago, BCFC J said:

I'm so annoyed this have been moved to a Friday, especially given the two aways after this we've been given shite allocations for no explicable reason.

Who's going then & how many we gonna have up there? Should be pushing 750 you'd think given how big a game this is.

I would be very suprised if even that many takes the trip up sadly

25 minutes ago, BCFC J said:

500 I expect.

2 hours ago, MurrayLives said:

Really annoying.

Now clashes with my works Xmas party so have to sneak out to the sports bar next door every so often hoping no-one notices.

I'll be there - I'm self employed so this is my works Christmas party! :) 

3 hours ago, BCFC J said:

Apparently my Brother is making the long drive north. That cannot be a pleasant trip on a Friday afternoon with Storm Caroline on the way and rush hour traffic in Yorkshire. Mind you, nothing compares to Manila traffic which is now, officially, the worst on the planet. Steer clear. hahahaaaaa.

I have an agreement with Mrs R&W that I can play 5-a-side every Friday, followed by post-match analysis and beer in the Merlin pub (Swindon) any time I want - on the understanding that once in a while I attend her French language club meet - in Wroughton - in a venue which has no WiFi or mobile signal. 

This Friday is their Xmas party - which I must attend apparently. 

Putain de merde - as the French say.......

41 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

430 sold so far, reckon we can get over 500

I often get the feeling fans think we are a big club. And that we are almost owed premier league football? Or better years than we have recently have. 

We're really not a big club and in our current situation (3rd in the championship) we are punching well above our weight. 

I think taking around 500 to our biggest game of the season so far is pretty poor. However, this is not neccisarily a dig at fans, because it is on sky and coming up Christmas etc. But just more of a point that we are not a big club.

Last season everyone was so gob smacked about what went on and felt really put out. But for a club our size, 17th is about right. 

I genuinely believe a team like Rovers, would take more Friday night, if they were in our situation. 

This is very controversial, but I believe it's true. 

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I have an agreement with Mrs R&W that I can play 5-a-side every Friday, followed by post-match analysis and beer in the Merlin pub (Swindon) any time I want - on the understanding that once in a while I attend her French language club meet - in Wroughton - in a venue which has no WiFi or mobile signal. 

This Friday is their Xmas party - which I must attend apparently. 

Putain de merde - as the French say.......

Need to have a word with yourself there mate. That’s shambolic . 

7 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

I often get the feeling fans think we are a big club. And that we are almost owed premier league football? Or better years than we have recently have. 

We're really not a big club and in our current situation (3rd in the championship) we are punching well above our weight. 

I think taking around 500 to our biggest game of the season so far is pretty poor. However, this is not neccisarily a dig at fans, because it is on sky and coming up Christmas etc. But just more of a point that we are not a big club.

Last season everyone was so gob smacked about what went on and felt really put out. But for a club our size, 17th is about right. 

I genuinely believe a team like Rovers, would take more Friday night, if they were in our situation. 

This is very controversial, but I believe it's true. 

Not only is it controversial, it's also boll*cks. Rovers had 530 at Bury for their second away of the season, and 300 up at Scunny on a Saturday the other week. They wouldn't have more than us up there for a Sky game.

1 minute ago, BCFC J said:

Not only is it controversial, it's also boll*cks. Rovers had 530 at Bury for their second away of the season, and 300 up at Scunny on a Saturday the other week. They wouldn't have more than us up there for a Sky game.

And how many would we have at Scunthorpe and Bury?

This is a championship game and we are in the promotion mix, and we're struggling to get 500.... not good enough 

Any of these away figures from this season good enough @ForeverRes? Perhaps the 1,533 at Sunderland is acceptable? Perhaps the 1,082 when we visited the other Sheffield lot? The 3,391 at Reading is more than the number that Villa, Cardiff, and Derby brought to us by the way.

POS AWAY VENUE ATTENDANCE AWAY PERCENTAGE
1 Reading 18,650 3,391 18.18%
2 Brentford 9,811 1,650 16.81%
3 Fulham 17,634 1,899 10.76%
4 Birmingham City 21,269 1,943 9.13%
5 Watford # 9,003 705 7.83%
6 Sunderland 27,317 1,533 5.61%
7 Hull City 14,762 720 4.87%
8 Sheffield Wednesday 25,916 1,082 4.17%
9 Ipswich Town 15,256 623 4.08%
10 Wolves 23,045 687 2.98%
11 Norwich City 25,715 648 2.51%

Source: https://www.bcfc.co.uk/fanzone/away-days/away-days-201718/

It's Friday night, on Sky and in December ffs. It's never gunna be our biggest away attendance.

4 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

This is a championship game and we are in the promotion mix, and we're struggling to get 500.... not good enough 

It's on sky, transport is shit going anywhere from Bristol, it's near to Christmas, I can understand around 600-700 for this one.

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

It's on sky, transport is shit going anywhere from Bristol, it's near to Christmas, I can understand around 600-700 for this one.

I'm not necessarily saying i can't understand it. I'm just saying, it proves we're not a big club 

If Sheffield we're coming to Bristol, they would easily bring 1500

Just now, ForeverRes said:

I'm not necessarily saying i can't understand it. I'm just saying, it proves we're not a big club 

Well obviously we're not a big club, we haven't had years of sustained success at the top level, with supporters clubs all over the country in the same way Leeds do.

I'd definitely contest the sag comments though.

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Well obviously we're not a big club, we haven't had years of sustained success at the top level, with supporters clubs all over the country in the same way Leeds do.

I'd definitely contest the sag comments though.

Yeh agreed. 

I honestly think the sags would take more, if they were in our current situation. But maybe not 

1 minute ago, ForeverRes said:

Yeh agreed. 

I honestly think the sags would take more, if they were in our current situation. But maybe not 

In fairness, perhaps the allure of visiting grounds most of them have never even heard of would bump their following up a bit.

We're still a much better supported club, I think the away attendances to places like Sunderland reflect that.

4 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

They might on a Saturday if it wasn`t on Sky. For a Friday night televised game a fortnight before Christmas I`m not so sure they would.

They took 1883 to Millwall on Saturday.

17 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

It's a poor following, I didn't argue with that, merely pointed out what you said about Rovers is and would be wrong.

21 minutes ago, BCFC J said:

How many did they have at Bradford, for there game on Sky? And that was a Saturday and before they knew how shite they were this season..! 

Just now, ZiderEyed said:

In fairness, perhaps the allure of visiting grounds most of them have never even heard of would bump their following up a bit.

We're still a much better supported club, I think the away attendances to places like Sunderland reflect that.

Yeh I do agree. And I think our support is generally ok. But everyone expects so much on the pitch, which isn't reflected in the stands at times. That was my only point .. 

7 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Yeh agreed. 

The problem with that statement is, it’s unprovable. They have never been challenging for promotion to the top flight before..!

Archived