IGNORED

Sheffield United (A)

BCFC J

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

They might on a Saturday if it wasn`t on Sky. For a Friday night televised game a fortnight before Christmas I`m not so sure they would.

They took 1883 to Millwall on Saturday.

No they didn't, they had 1,018 at Millwall last season on a Saturday. We had 1,899 at Fulham in midweek this season, they had 800.

28 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

And how many would we have at Scunthorpe and Bury?

This is a championship game and we are in the promotion mix, and we're struggling to get 500.... not good enough 

Must admit away support on the whole has been low. Even at home on Saturday only 18,700. Come on the fans who go to Wembley and man united game where are you?  

35 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

I often get the feeling fans think we are a big club. And that we are almost owed premier league football? Or better years than we have recently have. 

We're really not a big club and in our current situation (3rd in the championship) we are punching well above our weight. 

I think taking around 500 to our biggest game of the season so far is pretty poor. However, this is not neccisarily a dig at fans, because it is on sky and coming up Christmas etc. But just more of a point that we are not a big club.

Last season everyone was so gob smacked about what went on and felt really put out. But for a club our size, 17th is about right. 

I genuinely believe a team like Rovers, would take more Friday night, if they were in our situation. 

This is very controversial, but I believe it's true. 

That’s the sort of unresearched, unprovable and quite frankly ridiculous claim you’d read over on gaschat. 

Yes, you can post it as your opinion, just like I can post it as my opinion that Rennes  is the capital of France... but it clearly bloody well isn’t.

There is simply nothing that you can quote to make your opinion anywhere near fact. 

Yes, I agree that 500 could be more, but for most people finishing work at 5pm on a Friday (by far and away the worst traffic day) and getting from The West Country to Sheffield (on possibly the busiest traffic ridden motorways) by 1945hrs is near to impossible. Combine that with being on Sky, the never ending December fixtures and limited cash flow at this time of year, it becomes pretty simple to work out why the take up is low. 

But don’t let that stop your silly “I believe” comments. 

What a crock of steaming shitty bollocks. 

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I think he’s saying that Sheffield Utd had 1800 at Millwall on Saturday!

I was. It was in response to @ForeverRes`s post saying that Blades would bring 1500 to us under the same circumstances (Friday night, on Sky, two weeks before Christmas). I was disputing that as they only took a few more than that to Millwall on a Saturday, not on Sky and arguably an easier trip than Bristol.

9 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I was. It was in response to @ForeverRes`s post saying that Blades would bring 1500 to us under the same circumstances (Friday night, on Sky, two weeks before Christmas). I was disputing that as they only took a few more than that to Millwall on a Saturday, not on Sky and arguably an easier trip than Bristol.

We”ll take more than 1800 to Millwall

20 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

That’s the sort of unresearched, unprovable and quite frankly ridiculous claim you’d read over on gaschat. 

Yes, you can post it as your opinion, just like I can post it as my opinion that Rennes  is the capital of France... but it clearly bloody well isn’t.

There is simply nothing that you can quote to make your opinion anywhere near fact. 

Yes, I agree that 500 could be more, but for most people finishing work at 5pm on a Friday (by far and away the worst traffic day) and getting from The West Country to Sheffield (on possibly the busiest traffic ridden motorways) by 1945hrs is near to impossible. Combine that with being on Sky, the never ending December fixtures and limited cash flow at this time of year, it becomes pretty simple to work out why the take up is low. 

But don’t let that stop your silly “I believe” comments. 

What a crock of steaming shitty bollocks. 

90% of this forum is opinions.. this was mine. My original post was directed at the fact we often expect so much on the pitch, like last year when we were fighting relegation, everyone felt outraged. But what we see in the stands often reflects a mid to low championship club. It wasn't exactly a dig at those not travelling. Because it is an awkward game when all things are considered ..

2 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I have an agreement with Mrs R&W that I can play 5-a-side every Friday, followed by post-match analysis and beer in the Merlin pub (Swindon) any time I want - on the understanding that once in a while I attend her French language club meet - in Wroughton - in a venue which has no WiFi or mobile signal. 

This Friday is their Xmas party - which I must attend apparently. 

Putain de merde - as the French say.......

I drive through Wroughton on my way home....can I create a diversion?

42 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Must admit away support on the whole has been low. Even at home on Saturday only 18,700. Come on the fans who go to Wembley and man united game where are you?  

I went to Wembley and will be at Sheff United on Friday.

Priority group 25 so no ticket for Man U! 

18 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

90% of this forum is opinions.. this was mine. My original post was directed at the fact we often expect so much on the pitch, like last year when we were fighting relegation, everyone felt outraged. But what we see in the stands often reflects a mid to low championship club. It wasn't exactly a dig at those not travelling. Because it is an awkward game when all things are considered ..

...... but that 90% figure is just your opinion FR! :) :whistle:

1 hour ago, ForeverRes said:

Yeh agreed. 

I honestly think the sags would take more, if they were in our current situation. But maybe not 

And how many would we have at Scunthorpe and Bury?

This is a championship game and we are in the promotion mix, and we're struggling to get 500.... not good enough 

Ok I get it. Were a tin pot club with shit support.

The quicker we drop down to our rightful level the better.  If the sags were in our position with the ground to match it would be full every game?

Is this about right or just another crap windup?

People can make whatever games they want.

I went to Fleetwood for last seasons FA cup 3rd round. Lee Johnson himself looked at me and gave me a thumbs up... considering how we were playing at the time I didnt react back to him, just stared. Johnson then went and thanked the fans who traveled up there for the game. (I'll take that credit :laugh:)

I should think that the team would appreciate anyone who went.

Gosh you lot love a moan, its nearly Chrimbo, many peoples finances tied up, me included I'm officially skint and even if I dont spend a single penny from now, come 19th December I'll be overdrawn on my account. Next payment, Dec 23rd. I've somehow gotta afford to get fuel for work commutes, birthdays in my family and xmas presents between now and then. 

But to be fair mate football isn't played in the stands is it.. i dont really get your point. By right should Swansea and the like be back in the Championship and Leeds United automatically be in the Prem just because they have a bigger away suppport? What defines a big club? This debate has been done to death over the years on here, we are where we are because we deserve to be.. bollox are we punching above our weight, absolute rubbish that im afraid

5 minutes ago, bris red said:

But to be fair mate football isn't played in the stands is it.. i dont really get your point. By right should Swansea and the like be back in the Championship and Leeds United automatically be in the Prem just because they have a bigger away suppport? What defines a big club? This debate has been done to death over the years on here, we are where we are because we deserve to be.. bollox are we punching above our weight, absolute rubbish that im afraid

I agree the likes of Charlton Athletic spent 8 seasons and Coventry spent 9 seasons in the Prem... where are they now? leagues below us, even ******* Swindon Town spent a season in the premier league, "big" or "little" has nothing to do with it.

4 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I have an agreement with Mrs R&W that I can play 5-a-side every Friday, followed by post-match analysis and beer in the Merlin pub (Swindon) any time I want - on the understanding that once in a while I attend her French language club meet - in Wroughton - in a venue which has no WiFi or mobile signal. 

This Friday is their Xmas party - which I must attend apparently. 

Putain de merde - as the French say.......

After the news that Russia has been banned from the Winter Olympics, it is probably Putin de mere.

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

Last time Sheffield Utd came to Ashton Gate was 2014\15, they bought 752.....................

Was about to post similar. 'Forever res' is a very deluded chap im afraid.. Fair enough Sheffield Wednesday but We have better away support than United.

7 hours ago, bris red said:

Was about to post similar. 'Forever res' is a very deluded chap im afraid.. Fair enough Sheffield Wednesday but We have better away support than United.

Sorry, but we definitely don't..:

United's away support last season was immense and they averaged well over 2k. They would bring at least 1,000 down for this game.

Last season's midweeks they sold out at Oxford, sold out at Rovers and had 1,800 at Swindon. This season's midweeks they've had 1,200 at Cardiff, sold out 1,800 at QPR and 2,200 at Bolton. Their away support is miles better than ours over difference, we take less up north on a Saturday (see Hull, Barnsley, Wednesday, Huddersfield, Leeds etc al) compared with theirs.

Daft thing to say and it's completely unfounded.

13 minutes ago, BCFC J said:

United's away support last season was immense and they averaged well over 2k. They would bring at least 1,000 down for this game.

Last season's midweeks they sold out at Oxford, sold out at Rovers and had 1,800 at Swindon. This season's midweeks they've had 1,200 at Cardiff, sold out 1,800 at QPR and 2,200 at Bolton. Their away support is miles better than ours over difference, we take less up north on a Saturday (see Hull, Barnsley, Wednesday, Huddersfield, Leeds etc al) compared with theirs.

Then how come they only bought 750 to ours for a 3pm kick off on a Saturday back in the league one, not saying we have better support, just don't think it's as poor as everyone makes it out to be

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Then how come they only bought 750 to ours for a 3pm kick off on a Saturday back in the league one, not saying we have better support, just don't think it's as poor as everyone makes it out to be

Because at the time they were under Clough playing awful football. They had 1,000 back in 13/14 in L1 when they were 5th from bottom.

22 minutes ago, BCFC J said:

Oh mate behave yourself. They are newly promoted back to this league and are on a massive up. Do you want me to dig out our away attendances in 2007/2008 when we were newly promoted after almost a decade absence from the Championship? 

8 minutes ago, BCFC J said:

Because at the time they were under Clough playing awful football. They had 1,000 back in 13/14 in L1 when they were 5th from bottom.

They were 5th at the time iirc, hardly playing awful football (shown by the fact they destroyed us) 

In any case can people please remember the last time we played top flight football? For a club that has had **** all success our support is very decent.

There's Toss all to do up North anyway so no wonder they have all the time in the world to travel the length and breadth of the country ;)

20 minutes ago, bris red said:

Oh mate behave yourself. They are newly promoted back to this league and are on a massive up. Do you want me to dig out our away attendances in 2007/2008 when we were newly promoted after almost a decade absence from the Championship? 

Be my guest. Dig up the 200 at Hull, 300 at Barnsley, 400 at Scunthorpe by all means. We averaged 1,850 that season, Blades averaged well over 2,000 last year and will average over 2,500 this year. They also haven't had a sub 500 anywhere for 3 years, what on earth makes you think their away support isn't better than ours?

20 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

They were 5th at the time iirc, hardly playing awful football (shown by the fact they destroyed us) 

Yeah and Clough got sacked the next season despite them still being in a reasonable position because the football was awful, same as it is now at Burton shown by their last two visits to Ashton Gate.

Archived