IGNORED

Sheffield United (A)

BCFC J

1 minute ago, ashton_fan said:

It's interesting that Dean Holden and LJ played in the same team as Leon Clarke at Chesterfield, hopefully they'll know how to handle him Friday

I didn't know LJ played for Chesterfield. I thought he played for Yeovil, City and Kilmarnock. Was he on loan there? 

Don't know why some people get worked up about away attendances.

Our away following can be hit & miss but is fairly decent on the whole. 

People are forgetting this game is on a Friday night which of course is a lot easier than say a midweek night game,

But the majority of us work Fridays, Xmas coming up.. a lot of us went to Sheffield as recently as 18th November for the Wednesday game.

If it was Saturday we'd more than likely take 250 more.. not to mention the game is on Sky which of course affects travelling numbers.

2 hours ago, bris red said:

In any case can people please remember the last time we played top flight football? For a club that has had **** all success our support is very decent.

There's Toss all to do up North anyway so no wonder they have all the time in the world to travel the length and breadth of the country ;)

I found plenty to do up North when I lived there. 

:yes:

17 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

This Friday is their Xmas party - which I must attend apparently. 

Putain de merde - as the French say.......

Actually, and I am sure @Major Isewater and @Esmond Million's Bung will be able to back me up on this, it is only rarely that the French do say this: nor, contrary to popular belief, do they often say Sacrébleu or Zut Alors.

And, whilst on the subject, it is also rare to see men on bicycles wearing berets, striped teeshirts, a baguette under their arm and a ring of onions around their neck.

3 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Actually, and I am sure @Major Isewater and @Esmond Million's Bung will be able to back me up on this, it is only rarely that the French do say this: nor, contrary to popular belief, do they often say Sacrébleu or Zut Alors.

And, whilst on the subject, it is also rare to see men on bicycles wearing berets, striped teeshirts, a baguette under their arm and a ring of onions around their neck.

I only hear this when something very serious has happened, along with " putain de con " .

" Putain " is a common phrase used like the words " shit , bugger or bollocks " , not too serious.

The streets of Montpellier are however awash with cycling onion salesmen wearing striped t-shirts and bérets, smoking Gauloise, carrying a baguette whilst swigging on a bottle of rouge .

They stop only for the guy wearing a beret and striped t-shirt who is transporting his onions on the back seat of his ' Deux chevaux ' whilst sipping a petit Ricard and reflecting on his latest match de Pétanque.

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I only hear this when something very serious has happened, along with " putain de con " .

" Putain " is a common phrase used like the words " shit , bugger or bollocks " , not too serious.

The streets of Montpellier are however awash with cycling onion salesmen wearing striped t-shirts and bérets, smoking Gauloise, carrying a baguette whilst swigging on a bottle of rouge .

They stop only for the guy wearing a beret and striped t-shirt who is transporting his onions on the back seat of his ' Deux chevaux ' whilst sipping a petit Ricard and reflecting on his latest match de Pétanque.

'putain de con' is the French equivalent of our 'F*cking idiot/pr*ck'.

The word 'putain' is, of course, the vulgar French word for a prostitute, e.g. whore, but the word 'con' in isolation is used widely and basically means idiot.

What never ceases to amuse me, however, is the use of the word 'connard', a slightly stronger version of 'con'; think, perhaps, ******** instead of idiot.

This only applies to a male, however, so if you are driving and cut up by some idiot (con) driver, you first have to establish their gender before calling them a 'connard', if a male, or, if a female, a 'connasse'.

Imagine, a different swearword dependent upon the gender of the party concerned.    

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I knew it wasn’t commonly used, but I thought that the reason was that it’s very strong - the equivalent of our ‘******* shit’ rather than the milder examples given. 

At a pétanque competition in the Dordogne last year, my French bowling partner uttered it after messing up a shot and he was strongly rebuked. 

My wife taught French at Hartcliffe school until 1996 and she thought it offensive too - albeit amusing when used on that occasion. 

23 hours ago, BCFC J said:

I'm so annoyed this have been moved to a Friday, especially given the two aways after this we've been given shite allocations for no explicable reason.

Who's going then & how many we gonna have up there? Should be pushing 750 you'd think given how big a game this is.

I see heavy snow forecast for Friday eve, up north 

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

The word 'putain' is, of course, the vulgar French word for a prostitute, e.g. whore, but the word 'con' in isolation is used widely and basically means idiot.

What never ceases to amuse me, however, is the use of the word 'connard', a slightly stronger version of 'con'; think, perhaps, ******** instead of idiot.

This only applies to a male, however, so if you are driving and cut up by some idiot (con) driver, you first have to establish their gender before calling them a 'connard', if a male, or, if a female, a 'connasse'.

Imagine, a different swearword dependent upon the gender of the party concerned.    

" Con " is the vulgar word for the female genitalia, not to different from the vulgar English word that rhymes with ' Hunt ' . 

It has , however , come to mean ' idiot '  as Phil points out .

Now for your homework ..,

5 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Then how come they only bought 750 to ours for a 3pm kick off on a Saturday back in the league one, not saying we have better support, just don't think it's as poor as everyone makes it out to be

wasn't that the maximum amount of away fans we could have in that season, as away fans were in the corner of the Atyeo and we had 3 stands?

5 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Image result for del boy french phrases

46 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

350 sold for tomorrow night

Not great. But credit to those travelling !!

It’s a shame there won’t be a big away following on Sky cameras. I do find our away support strange at times. We can take 4K x3 times to Coventry, 2k to Newcastle, sell out Reading and mostly London games in midweek. Think we’ve sold over 1,000 already for Villa and QPR and the latter is two days before Christmas!

But can only muster 300 for this one. I know it’s Friday night and on Sky...

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

It’s a shame there won’t be a big away following on Sky cameras. I do find our away support strange at times. We can take 4K x3 times to Coventry, 2k to Newcastle, sell out Reading and mostly London games in midweek. Think we’ve sold over 1,000 already for Villa and QPR and the latter is two days before Christmas!

But can only muster 300 for this one. I know it’s Friday night and on Sky...

It's really erratic. We seem to travel brilliantly to anywhere south of Villa Park, but going up north our support is shite, frankly.

On 05/12/2017 at 18:36, Bar BS3 said:

How many did they have at Bradford, for there game on Sky? And that was a Saturday and before they knew how shite they were this season..! 

Below is the amazing Rovers away support that ForeverRes is talking about. It’s bad enough listening to Gasheads talk bollocks about how apparently superb their away support is without City fans doing it as well. This was on a Saturday and wasn’t 2 weeks before Christmas.

C443F824-9931-4FEA-B440-526E2FBBF219.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Below is the amazing Rovers away support that ForeverRes is talking about. It’s bad enough listening to Gasheads talk bollocks about how apparently superb their away support is without City fans doing it as well. This was on a Saturday and not 2 weeks before Christmas.

C443F824-9931-4FEA-B440-526E2FBBF219.jpeg

Get over it fella.. we're apparently fighting for promotion to the premier league and are getting 350 away to our current promotion rivals .. no matter who you support, that isn't great at all!! 

Ah well credit to the fans travelling under the circumstances 

On 06/12/2017 at 08:05, JBFC II said:

Then how come they only bought 750 to ours for a 3pm kick off on a Saturday back in the league one, not saying we have better support, just don't think it's as poor as everyone makes it out to be

Was that due to limited capacity at AG though?

Sheffield Utd averaged higher away support than us that year and we spent most of the season top of the table.

4 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Get over it fella.. we're apparently fighting for promotion to the premier league and are getting 350 away to our current promotion rivals .. no matter who you support, that isn't great at all!! 

Ah well credit to the fans travelling under the circumstances 

Get over it?

I was showing you an example of how your opinion is incorrect.

I didn’t say our away support was spectacular, I was pointing out that Rovers away support isn’t as good as they, and you, pretend it is.

Archived