IGNORED

Sheffield United (A)

BCFC J

23 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

It's really erratic. We seem to travel brilliantly to anywhere south of Villa Park, but going up north our support is shite, frankly.

Erratic is a good word for it. Just find it odd how an extra hour drive puts so much more people off?

Just now, Lew-T said:

Erratic is a good word for it. Just find it odd how an extra hour drive puts so much more people off?

Mental really, I honestly don't understand it. Maybe some can't make it without skipping work, and this close to Christmas isn't really ideal.

Guess we'll never know.

6 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Get over it?

I was showing you an example of how your opinion is incorrect.

I didn’t say our away support was spectacular, I was pointing out that Rovers away support isn’t as good as they, and you, pretend it is.

I wasn't referring to Rovers away support as a whole, I was just saying, that in our current situation, I could see them taking more. 

Maybe not 

But 350 away to a game like this one, isn't great, and is actually quite poor.

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Mental really, I honestly don't understand it. Maybe some can't make it without skipping work, and this close to Christmas isn't really ideal.

Guess we'll never know.

The circumstances were never gunna help anyone. But 350 no matter what, is poor. I thought we would be pushing at least 700+

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Guess we'll never know.

But you look at QPR on the 23rd, two days before Christmas in London! We’ll sell that out.

Mind boggles.

Just now, ForeverRes said:

The circumstances were never gunna help anyone. But 350 no matter what, is poor. I thought we would be pushing at least 700+

Yeah, 350 is piss poor. Think I said earlier in the thread I was expecting about 700, very surprised.

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Yeah, 350 is piss poor. Think I said earlier in the thread I was expecting about 700, very surprised.

Yeh that's all my point was in my original post. Maybe the Rovers taking more comment was a bit antagonising. 

People seemed to have taken my comments personally. 

2 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Yeh that's all my point was in my original post. Maybe the Rovers taking more comment was a bit antagonising. 

Yeah that comment was total bollocks.

2 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

I wasn't referring to Rovers away support as a whole, I was just saying, that in our current situation, I could see them taking more. 

Maybe not 

But 350 away to a game like this one, isn't great, and is actually quite poor.

I totally agree, but I can also see there are reasons for this low following. We aren’t traditionally one of the bigger supported clubs on the road in this division. Leeds, Villa, Wednesday, Sheffield Utd, Wolves etc would all travel in much bigger numbers, even for a Sky TV match on a Friday night 3-4 hours away 2 weeks before Christmas.

We’ve never been one of those clubs (neither have the Gas). Like every other club with a similar away support our numbers will be hugely affected by the circumstances. 

1 minute ago, ForeverRes said:

Not at all.

Just disagree with you.

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I totally agree, but I can also see there are reasons for this low following. We aren’t traditionally one of the bigger supported clubs on the road in this division. Leeds, Villa, Wednesday, Sheffield Utd, Wolves etc would all travel in much bigger numbers, even for a Sky TV match on a Friday night 3-4 hours away 2 weeks before Christmas.

We’ve never been one of those clubs (neither have the Gas). Like every other club with a similar away support our numbers will be hugely affected by the circumstances. 

Not at all.

Just disagree with you.

Fair enough mate

21 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Guess we'll never know.

Even if I had any annual leave days left to take I’d have **** all chance of being allowed to take it 2 Fridays before Christmas. 

Its not like you can skip lunch and leave work at 4 either (not that it would make any difference to me as I work shifts).

18 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

But you look at QPR on the 23rd, two days before Christmas in London! We’ll sell that out.

Mind boggles.

Saturday afternoon, London, easy to get to, not on Sky.

On 06/12/2017 at 09:37, Cider-Head23 said:

Don't know why some people get worked up about away attendances.

Our away following can be hit & miss but is fairly decent on the whole. 

People are forgetting this game is on a Friday night which of course is a lot easier than say a midweek night game,

But the majority of us work Fridays, Xmas coming up.. a lot of us went to Sheffield as recently as 18th November for the Wednesday game.

If it was Saturday we'd more than likely take 250 more.. not to mention the game is on Sky which of course affects travelling numbers.

I haven't missed an away game all season, was going but as soon as it went on Sky it was a non runner for me especially on a Friday night too, I get quite a bit of satisfaction by watching at home too, so not too disappointed

But I agree our away support does seem to stutter when past Birmingham, I think with an increase in fanbase, enjoyment  (and success) though numbers and interest will rise in time.  

Hope you have a good safe trip to Sheffield and get back in one piece. Not bothered how many you bring it's a bad night to play football and it's gonna be freezing and Christmas is looming. Seems like most of your fans are level headed not like The Pigs at the other end of our City. We call them The Deludeds, they call themselves Massive. Strange when in their 150 years existence they've only averaged 30000 on 10 occassions  and 6 of those in consecutive seasons in the late 1940's early 1950's. In fact they haven't had that average in the last 50 years, at least we've done it twice in that period. Must admit they had one of the most prestigious grounds in football and beat us quite easily for honours.  Think we have decent crowds even though we haven't won anything since 1925 and a semi final since 1936. Historically The Pigs home average is 1865 more than ours. But this will change now we are on the verge of a dramatic Stadium Redevelopment which will overhaul their capacity for the first..

Worked in Bristol some years ago and enjoyed the night life. Stayed at the Holiday Inn near Temple Meads and used to go drinking at a pub on an estate behind which was a big Rovers pub . Hated the beer though as it was as flat as a pancake. When I asked the barman to put a head on it he looked at me gone out.

Anyway should be a good game tonight. Sorry i can't wish you good luck.

Matt

ps the 752 last season was the full allocation we got due to ground development. As for Millwall, we were allocated 1500 tickets and the another 350 which were sold out.

pps do you lot hate Rovers as much as we hate The Pigs?:grr:

Archived