IGNORED

Sheffield United (A)

BCFC J

23 hours ago, Lew-T said:

It’s a shame there won’t be a big away following on Sky cameras. I do find our away support strange at times. We can take 4K x3 times to Coventry, 2k to Newcastle, sell out Reading and mostly London games in midweek. Think we’ve sold over 1,000 already for Villa and QPR and the latter is two days before Christmas!

But can only muster 300 for this one. I know it’s Friday night and on Sky...

Your last sentence tells us why! 

Why use up holiday from work, ( if your lucky enough to have any left) spend up to 8hours travelling to and from Sheffield...on a Friday afternoon. Add in the fuel costs, ticket costs, food costs etc.

Alternatively, you can walk to your local, have a few beers and watch the game on the tv!.

58 minutes ago, Matt Foot said:

Hope you have a good safe trip to Sheffield and get back in one piece. Not bothered how many you bring it's a bad night to play football and it's gonna be freezing and Christmas is looming. Seems like most of your fans are level headed not like The Pigs at the other end of our City. We call them The Deludeds, they call themselves Massive. Strange when in their 150 years existence they've only averaged 30000 on 10 occassions  and 6 of those in consecutive seasons in the late 1940's early 1950's. In fact they haven't had that average in the last 50 years, at least we've done it twice in that period. Must admit they had one of the most prestigious grounds in football and beat us quite easily for honours.  Think we have decent crowds even though we haven't won anything since 1925 and a semi final since 1936. Historically The Pigs home average is 1865 more than ours. But this will change now we are on the verge of a dramatic Stadium Redevelopment which will overhaul their capacity for the first..

Worked in Bristol some years ago and enjoyed the night life. Stayed at the Holiday Inn near Temple Meads and used to go drinking at a pub on an estate behind which was a big Rovers pub . Hated the beer though as it was as flat as a pancake. When I asked the barman to put a head on it he looked at me gone out.

Anyway should be a good game tonight. Sorry i can't wish you good luck.

Matt

ps the 752 last season was the full allocation we got due to ground development. As for Millwall, we were allocated 1500 tickets and the another 350 which were sold out.

pps do you lot hate Rovers as much as we hate The Pigs?:grr:

YES, :yes:in fact: probably more

1 hour ago, Matt Foot said:

Hope you have a good safe trip to Sheffield and get back in one piece. Not bothered how many you bring it's a bad night to play football and it's gonna be freezing and Christmas is looming. Seems like most of your fans are level headed not like The Pigs at the other end of our City. We call them The Deludeds, they call themselves Massive. Strange when in their 150 years existence they've only averaged 30000 on 10 occassions  and 6 of those in consecutive seasons in the late 1940's early 1950's. In fact they haven't had that average in the last 50 years, at least we've done it twice in that period. Must admit they had one of the most prestigious grounds in football and beat us quite easily for honours.  Think we have decent crowds even though we haven't won anything since 1925 and a semi final since 1936. Historically The Pigs home average is 1865 more than ours. But this will change now we are on the verge of a dramatic Stadium Redevelopment which will overhaul their capacity for the first..

Worked in Bristol some years ago and enjoyed the night life. Stayed at the Holiday Inn near Temple Meads and used to go drinking at a pub on an estate behind which was a big Rovers pub . Hated the beer though as it was as flat as a pancake. When I asked the barman to put a head on it he looked at me gone out.

Matt

ps the 752 last season was the full allocation we got due to ground development. As for Millwall, we were allocated 1500 tickets and the another 350 which were sold out.

You having a laugh, since when has there been another team in Bristol?

Matt

I cannot ******* stand that lot north of the river. Ground pinching, deluded, head in the sand, tinpot, horse punching, dog bothering, tent living, faithful and true, prowed ghs, awful pricks.

Anyway, should be a good game, 2 sides doing well up the table, although yous lot have hit a bit of a rough patch. Will always back City to win so won't give a prediction. I'm not going up because of work as much as I'd like to, not ticked off Bramall Lane yet.

Matt

Southerners like a full pint, not paying for an inch of froth! A head adds nothing, except profit for the brewers.

[This usually starts a heated debate.]

Hi Matt.

I thought that was the case. I’m pretty sure the year before you filled your section of the Eastend at AG when we were both shit (we were slightly shitter at the time and lost 0-1). Sheffield Utd always seem to travel well from what I’ve seen.

Dont get me started on Rovers...the horrible, bitter cretins. Enjoyed the description of their fans on Twitter by one of your lot who described them as the ‘biggest bunch of Mongs to ever visit Bramall Lane’.

Speaking of Twitter, the best thing on there at the moment is the match highlight videos, with commentary, posted by a Sheffield Utd fan under the name ‘Dem Blades’.

They’re brilliant :laughcont:

Matt

Can’t think of any sag pubs around Temple Meads?

26 minutes ago, Leveller said:

PS - talking of pints, does anyone have a favourite Sky pub in Taunton? The Kings Arms is OK, but I thought I’d try the Ring of Bells. They seem willing to have the match on, but apparently rugby takes precedence (!) if there’s any on.

Best pub is the Plough Inn by a country mile, new landlords recently so might have Sky?

Just checked not got it, Ale House, Kings, Black Horse or Ring of Bells.

Matt

At least your rivals are worthy rivals...ours are just coat -tail hangers, trying to drag us down to their level!

2 hours ago, Matt Foot said:

Matt

Good post mate but the 752 allocation isn't true. We allocated 1,300 that year, was a poor following from you lot but you had 3,000 at Notts County three days later which was slightly better...

Also Millwall allocate 2,100 you didn't sell out, surprising really but had it been Fulham/Charlton you'd have had 3/4k down there.

Sorry. I missed out on a ticket. When I went to the ticket office they said they'd tried to get a further allocation but were told that due to H & S they weren't going to get anymore. Millwall was originaly just over 1500 then another 356. For some reason they had TV cameras set up in part of the Away Stand. 

As for the pub. Can just remember a side road up behind T/Meads Pub and a number of flats. Don't quote me but I think it was called The Bell.Strange how things come back can remember a pub used to go in with a strange name near the hotel and a weird black barge that seemed to be on it's own everytime a came back to Brizzle.

2 hours ago, Matt Foot said:

Sorry. I missed out on a ticket. When I went to the ticket office they said they'd tried to get a further allocation but were told that due to H & S they weren't going to get anymore. Millwall was originaly just over 1500 then another 356. For some reason they had TV cameras set up in part of the Away Stand. 

As for the pub. Can just remember a side road up behind T/Meads Pub and a number of flats. Don't quote me but I think it was called The Bell.Strange how things come back can remember a pub used to go in with a strange name near the hotel and a weird black barge that seemed to be on it's own everytime a came back to Brizzle.

The Bell was always a well known City pub,spent many early Saturday afternoons in there many years ago,it is now like many other pubs ,sadly closed down .

53 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

The Bell was always a well known City pub,spent many early Saturday afternoons in there many years ago,it is now like many other pubs ,sadly closed down .

Spent many happy times in there back in the old Div 1 days. It was our first port of call after getting off at Temple Meads before the walk along the river.

On 12/5/2017 at 19:06, ForeverRes said:

I often get the feeling fans think we are a big club. And that we are almost owed premier league football? Or better years than we have recently have. 

We're really not a big club and in our current situation (3rd in the championship) we are punching well above our weight. 

I think taking around 500 to our biggest game of the season so far is pretty poor. However, this is not neccisarily a dig at fans, because it is on sky and coming up Christmas etc. But just more of a point that we are not a big club.

Last season everyone was so gob smacked about what went on and felt really put out. But for a club our size, 17th is about right. 

I genuinely believe a team like Rovers, would take more Friday night, if they were in our situation. 

This is very controversial, but I believe it's true. 

you were doing so well until the Rovers bit! 

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Spent many happy times in there back in the old Div 1 days. It was our first port of call after getting off at Temple Meads before the walk along the river.

Used to go there before home games...........!

Archived