Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

BCFC J

Sheffield United (A)

I'm so annoyed this have been moved to a Friday, especially given the two aways after this we've been given shite allocations for no explicable reason.

Who's going then & how many we gonna have up there? Should be pushing 750 you'd think given how big a game this is.

21 minutes ago, BCFC J said:

I'm so annoyed this have been moved to a Friday, especially given the two aways after this we've been given shite allocations for no explicable reason.

Who's going then & how many we gonna have up there? Should be pushing 750 you'd think given how big a game this is.

I would be very suprised if even that many takes the trip up sadly

25 minutes ago, BCFC J said:

500 I expect.

Friday night ko and live on Sky. I can't imagine City would get anyway near the impressive 900+ that Boro brought to AG  although it was a Saturday the game was live on Sky. 

2 hours ago, MurrayLives said:

Really annoying.

Now clashes with my works Xmas party so have to sneak out to the sports bar next door every so often hoping no-one notices.

No one will .

;)

Miaow . 

Edited by Major Isewater
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, MurrayLives said:

Really annoying.

Now clashes with my works Xmas party so have to sneak out to the sports bar next door every so often hoping no-one notices.

I'll be there - I'm self employed so this is my works Christmas party! :) 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, BCFC J said:

Apparently my Brother is making the long drive north. That cannot be a pleasant trip on a Friday afternoon with Storm Caroline on the way and rush hour traffic in Yorkshire. Mind you, nothing compares to Manila traffic which is now, officially, the worst on the planet. Steer clear. hahahaaaaa.

I have an agreement with Mrs R&W that I can play 5-a-side every Friday, followed by post-match analysis and beer in the Merlin pub (Swindon) any time I want - on the understanding that once in a while I attend her French language club meet - in Wroughton - in a venue which has no WiFi or mobile signal. 

This Friday is their Xmas party - which I must attend apparently. 

Putain de merde - as the French say.......

• Haha 5

41 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

430 sold so far, reckon we can get over 500

I often get the feeling fans think we are a big club. And that we are almost owed premier league football? Or better years than we have recently have. 

We're really not a big club and in our current situation (3rd in the championship) we are punching well above our weight. 

I think taking around 500 to our biggest game of the season so far is pretty poor. However, this is not neccisarily a dig at fans, because it is on sky and coming up Christmas etc. But just more of a point that we are not a big club.

Last season everyone was so gob smacked about what went on and felt really put out. But for a club our size, 17th is about right. 

I genuinely believe a team like Rovers, would take more Friday night, if they were in our situation. 

This is very controversial, but I believe it's true. 

Edited by ForeverRes
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Snake 2
  • Rubbish 14

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I have an agreement with Mrs R&W that I can play 5-a-side every Friday, followed by post-match analysis and beer in the Merlin pub (Swindon) any time I want - on the understanding that once in a while I attend her French language club meet - in Wroughton - in a venue which has no WiFi or mobile signal. 

Need to have a word with yourself there mate. That’s shambolic . 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

I often get the feeling fans think we are a big club. And that we are almost owed premier league football? Or better years than we have recently have. 

We're really not a big club and in our current situation (3rd in the championship) we are punching well above our weight. 

I think taking around 500 to our biggest game of the season so far is pretty poor. However, this is not neccisarily a dig at fans, because it is on sky and coming up Christmas etc. But just more of a point that we are not a big club.

Last season everyone was so gob smacked about what went on and felt really put out. But for a club our size, 17th is about right. 

I genuinely believe a team like Rovers, would take more Friday night, if they were in our situation. 

Not only is it controversial, it's also boll*cks. Rovers had 530 at Bury for their second away of the season, and 300 up at Scunny on a Saturday the other week. They wouldn't have more than us up there for a Sky game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BCFC J said:

Not only is it controversial, it's also boll*cks. Rovers had 530 at Bury for their second away of the season, and 300 up at Scunny on a Saturday the other week. They wouldn't have more than us up there for a Sky game.

And how many would we have at Scunthorpe and Bury?

This is a championship game and we are in the promotion mix, and we're struggling to get 500.... not good enough 

• Rubbish 2

Any of these away figures from this season good enough @ForeverRes? Perhaps the 1,533 at Sunderland is acceptable? Perhaps the 1,082 when we visited the other Sheffield lot? The 3,391 at Reading is more than the number that Villa, Cardiff, and Derby brought to us by the way.

POS AWAY VENUE ATTENDANCE AWAY PERCENTAGE
1 Reading 18,650 3,391 18.18%
2 Brentford 9,811 1,650 16.81%
3 Fulham 17,634 1,899 10.76%
4 Birmingham City 21,269 1,943 9.13%
5 Watford # 9,003 705 7.83%
6 Sunderland 27,317 1,533 5.61%
7 Hull City 14,762 720 4.87%
8 Sheffield Wednesday 25,916 1,082 4.17%
9 Ipswich Town 15,256 623 4.08%
10 Wolves 23,045 687 2.98%
11 Norwich City 25,715 648 2.51%

Source: https://www.bcfc.co.uk/fanzone/away-days/away-days-201718/

It's Friday night, on Sky and in December ffs. It's never gunna be our biggest away attendance.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

This is a championship game and we are in the promotion mix, and we're struggling to get 500.... not good enough 

It's on sky, transport is shit going anywhere from Bristol, it's near to Christmas, I can understand around 600-700 for this one.

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

It's on sky, transport is shit going anywhere from Bristol, it's near to Christmas, I can understand around 600-700 for this one.

I'm not necessarily saying i can't understand it. I'm just saying, it proves we're not a big club 

If Sheffield we're coming to Bristol, they would easily bring 1500

Just now, ForeverRes said:

I'm not necessarily saying i can't understand it. I'm just saying, it proves we're not a big club 

Well obviously we're not a big club, we haven't had years of sustained success at the top level, with supporters clubs all over the country in the same way Leeds do.

I'd definitely contest the sag comments though.

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Well obviously we're not a big club, we haven't had years of sustained success at the top level, with supporters clubs all over the country in the same way Leeds do.

I'd definitely contest the sag comments though.

Yeh agreed. 

I honestly think the sags would take more, if they were in our current situation. But maybe not 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ForeverRes said:

Yeh agreed. 

I honestly think the sags would take more, if they were in our current situation. But maybe not 

In fairness, perhaps the allure of visiting grounds most of them have never even heard of would bump their following up a bit.

We're still a much better supported club, I think the away attendances to places like Sunderland reflect that.

4 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

They might on a Saturday if it wasn`t on Sky. For a Friday night televised game a fortnight before Christmas I`m not so sure they would.

They took 1883 to Millwall on Saturday.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

It's a poor following, I didn't argue with that, merely pointed out what you said about Rovers is and would be wrong.

21 minutes ago, BCFC J said:

How many did they have at Bradford, for there game on Sky? And that was a Saturday and before they knew how shite they were this season..! 

Just now, ZiderEyed said:

In fairness, perhaps the allure of visiting grounds most of them have never even heard of would bump their following up a bit.

We're still a much better supported club, I think the away attendances to places like Sunderland reflect that.

Yeh I do agree. And I think our support is generally ok. But everyone expects so much on the pitch, which isn't reflected in the stands at times. That was my only point .. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Is it the years of them having a lower average home and away following than us that makes you think this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Yeh agreed. 

The problem with that statement is, it’s unprovable. They have never been challenging for promotion to the top flight before..!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

They might on a Saturday if it wasn`t on Sky. For a Friday night televised game a fortnight before Christmas I`m not so sure they would.

They took 1883 to Millwall on Saturday.

No they didn't, they had 1,018 at Millwall last season on a Saturday. We had 1,899 at Fulham in midweek this season, they had 800.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

How many did they have at Bradford, for there game on Sky? And that was a Saturday and before they knew how shite they were this season..! 

• Thanks 1

Just now, BCFC J said:

No they didn't, they had 1,018 at Millwall last season on a Saturday. We had 1,899 at Fulham in midweek this season, they had 800.

Says 1883 on the match report on their website.

Perhaps the same bloke writes theirs as does the g*s!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BCFC J said:

I think he’s saying that Sheffield Utd had 1800 at Millwall on Saturday!

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Must admit away support on the whole has been low. Even at home on Saturday only 18,700. Come on the fans who go to Wembley and man united game where are you?  

35 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

That’s the sort of unresearched, unprovable and quite frankly ridiculous claim you’d read over on gaschat. 

Yes, you can post it as your opinion, just like I can post it as my opinion that Rennes  is the capital of France... but it clearly bloody well isn’t.

There is simply nothing that you can quote to make your opinion anywhere near fact. 

Yes, I agree that 500 could be more, but for most people finishing work at 5pm on a Friday (by far and away the worst traffic day) and getting from The West Country to Sheffield (on possibly the busiest traffic ridden motorways) by 1945hrs is near to impossible. Combine that with being on Sky, the never ending December fixtures and limited cash flow at this time of year, it becomes pretty simple to work out why the take up is low. 

But don’t let that stop your silly “I believe” comments. 

What a crock of steaming shitty bollocks. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I think he’s saying that Sheffield Utd had 1800 at Millwall on Saturday!

I was. It was in response to @ForeverRes`s post saying that Blades would bring 1500 to us under the same circumstances (Friday night, on Sky, two weeks before Christmas). I was disputing that as they only took a few more than that to Millwall on a Saturday, not on Sky and arguably an easier trip than Bristol.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I was. It was in response to @ForeverRes`s post saying that Blades would bring 1500 to us under the same circumstances (Friday night, on Sky, two weeks before Christmas). I was disputing that as they only took a few more than that to Millwall on a Saturday, not on Sky and arguably an easier trip than Bristol.

We”ll take more than 1800 to Millwall

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

That’s the sort of unresearched, unprovable and quite frankly ridiculous claim you’d read over on gaschat. 

Yes, you can post it as your opinion, just like I can post it as my opinion that Rennes  is the capital of France... but it clearly bloody well isn’t.

There is simply nothing that you can quote to make your opinion anywhere near fact. 

Yes, I agree that 500 could be more, but for most people finishing work at 5pm on a Friday (by far and away the worst traffic day) and getting from The West Country to Sheffield (on possibly the busiest traffic ridden motorways) by 1945hrs is near to impossible. Combine that with being on Sky, the never ending December fixtures and limited cash flow at this time of year, it becomes pretty simple to work out why the take up is low. 

But don’t let that stop your silly “I believe” comments. 

What a crock of steaming shitty bollocks. 

90% of this forum is opinions.. this was mine. My original post was directed at the fact we often expect so much on the pitch, like last year when we were fighting relegation, everyone felt outraged. But what we see in the stands often reflects a mid to low championship club. It wasn't exactly a dig at those not travelling. Because it is an awkward game when all things are considered ..

2 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I drive through Wroughton on my way home....can I create a diversion?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Must admit away support on the whole has been low. Even at home on Saturday only 18,700. Come on the fans who go to Wembley and man united game where are you?  

I went to Wembley and will be at Sheff United on Friday.

Priority group 25 so no ticket for Man U! 

18 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

90% of this forum is opinions.. this was mine. My original post was directed at the fact we often expect so much on the pitch, like last year when we were fighting relegation, everyone felt outraged. But what we see in the stands often reflects a mid to low championship club. It wasn't exactly a dig at those not travelling. Because it is an awkward game when all things are considered ..

...... but that 90% figure is just your opinion FR! :) :whistle:

1 hour ago, ForeverRes said:

Yeh agreed. 

Ok I get it. Were a tin pot club with shit support.

The quicker we drop down to our rightful level the better.  If the sags were in our position with the ground to match it would be full every game?

Is this about right or just another crap windup?

• Like 1

People can make whatever games they want.

I went to Fleetwood for last seasons FA cup 3rd round. Lee Johnson himself looked at me and gave me a thumbs up... considering how we were playing at the time I didnt react back to him, just stared. Johnson then went and thanked the fans who traveled up there for the game. (I'll take that credit :laugh:)

I should think that the team would appreciate anyone who went.

Gosh you lot love a moan, its nearly Chrimbo, many peoples finances tied up, me included I'm officially skint and even if I dont spend a single penny from now, come 19th December I'll be overdrawn on my account. Next payment, Dec 23rd. I've somehow gotta afford to get fuel for work commutes, birthdays in my family and xmas presents between now and then. 

Edited by CrazyInWeston
  • Like 3

But to be fair mate football isn't played in the stands is it.. i dont really get your point. By right should Swansea and the like be back in the Championship and Leeds United automatically be in the Prem just because they have a bigger away suppport? What defines a big club? This debate has been done to death over the years on here, we are where we are because we deserve to be.. bollox are we punching above our weight, absolute rubbish that im afraid

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bris red said:

But to be fair mate football isn't played in the stands is it.. i dont really get your point. By right should Swansea and the like be back in the Championship and Leeds United automatically be in the Prem just because they have a bigger away suppport? What defines a big club? This debate has been done to death over the years on here, we are where we are because we deserve to be.. bollox are we punching above our weight, absolute rubbish that im afraid

I agree the likes of Charlton Athletic spent 8 seasons and Coventry spent 9 seasons in the Prem... where are they now? leagues below us, even ******* Swindon Town spent a season in the premier league, "big" or "little" has nothing to do with it.

4 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

After the news that Russia has been banned from the Winter Olympics, it is probably Putin de mere.

3 hours ago, ForeverRes said:

Cloud cuckoo land fella