IGNORED

Sports Bar & Pizzeria for Manchester Game

KingLear

19 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

This came up in another thread, appreciate that this is a chance to earn a few quid, but IF we were to be promoted to the Prem, this sort of game would be a fairly regular occurrence.

As for the forty quid. To me it just smacks of the publican who decides to charge his regulars to go to his pub on New Years Eve and gets annoyed when it's March before his regulars have returned.

I agree.....The majority of profit made on the night will be lost at following games when regulars fail to show up.

Then you'll get special offers and promotions to entice people back.

2 hours ago, City Ben said:

40 quid might be a bit toppy but I imagine they've gone full reservation as otherwise the bar will be overrun. Service would be dreadful and before you know it everyone would be upset about the poor planning. That bit, at least, seems sensible to me. 

The three cheese course menu, less so! 

I think that's clutching at straws a little bit, there's a clear dividing barrier between the tables and the 'standing' area which means that unless you have booked a table, you can't stand in that area. I imagine the set-up will be exactly the same for this game, they will just be charging people £40 each to sit in there.

Just had the following reply from the Pizzeria. I think the £20.00 package isn't to ott.

We have two packages we are doing.

£20 per head  includes:
Arrival drink 
Unlimited pizza and sides

Or 

£40 per head includes
Arrival drinks
Italian sharing platters for your table
Cheeseboard for your table

so after reading all of the thread, the doughballers is by reservation only. 

is the bar open as normal or is that closed

and are they showing the game? it is on sky sports and a football  day at the stadium so there is no reason not to show it, apart from the re-entering at half time

4 hours ago, Homer Simpson said:

Just had the following reply from the Pizzeria. I think the £20.00 package isn't to ott.

£20 per head  includes:
Arrival drink 

Or 

£40 per head includes
Arrival drinks

Evidently, the lure of 3000 extra fans on, what is, just another game, wasn't sufficient to encourage people to part with forty quid for the chance to win a cheese slice.

I'm still not comfortable with all this profiteering.

8 hours ago, Homer Simpson said:

£20 per head  includes:
Arrival drink 

Or 

£40 per head includes
Arrival drinks

£20 seems pretty reasonable to me. 

A large meat feast from Dominos costs £17. 

I don’t see the problem with unlimited pizza & sides, with a drink, for £20. 

15 hours ago, Homer Simpson said:

£20 per head  includes:
Arrival drink 

Or 

£40 per head includes
Arrival drinks

Interesting as this £20 package wasn't offered or even mentioned when they got in touch with us......?

Maybe they've stuck this on after a backlash/lack of take up of the £40 option from fans?

I wonder if you will get a table for the £20 deal though or are they just going to charge everyone £20 to get in and have pizza and sides dotted everywhere :P

• Admin
4 hours ago, locobaker said:

Just wandering is there a Dress Code for this Small area of our Sports Bar. And will it be screened off from the thousands of us queuing for a pint 

No dress code it's a sports bar - the restaurant area is the  same since it first opened

Archived