IGNORED

Alleged Staff Treatment by BCFC

Big C

I'm not saying it isn't true but I saw this as well on the CTID Facebook page, which is made up of 30% idiots and 70% pathological liars so I'm not sure on the truth in this. If it is true then of course, a ridiculous decision by the club on every level.

1 minute ago, Big C said:

Apparently match day draw sellers and programme sellers have been told they won’t be getting tickets for the Man Utd game. (I’m unsure if other staff are in a similar position) One of the perks of the job was that they normally get free entry (offset by the fact they won’t see the entire game). They have no purchase history so couldn’t get any sort of priority but even so they weren’t told until this week they weren’t getting a ticket. These people have stood out in all weathers making money for the club (some for many years). They’ve endured those games against Crewe and Shrewsbury but are not valued enough to gain entry to this game. I guess if you see them working at the game you can expect to see them frogmarched from the ground once they’ve finished working. I know people have sought sympathy for car parking fines and admin fees this week and has not received it so I will brace myself for a backlash if my sympathy for these guys is misplaced 

Before this turns into a club-bashing session I think you need to clarify “apparently”. It would be a shame to have an entire thread based on misinformation.

So, where did you hear this?

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Before this turns into a club-bashing session I think you need to clarify “apparently”. It would be a shame to have an entire thread based on misinformation.

So, where did you hear this?

Blimey you were quick with this I was just editing it. Yes It’s been posted on the fountain of truth that is Facebook. 

I will sound very harsh and inconsiderate but everyone wanted to draw a big team and this is what comes with that. I am sure the club take care of loyal supporters every chance they get but this match is just too high profile and high demand to accomodate everyone. The club have the right and dare I say the responsibilty to get as much out of this game as possible. Maybe this does not apply to this situation but the club have been getting a lot of stick in regards to different situations and I am sure they are doing their best to make as many happy as possible but have to draw the lines somewhere. Attention is only brought to it because lines never needed to be drawn before. 

1 minute ago, Busterrimes said:

My friend is a programme seller and was told if he wants a ticket he has to buy one. He has sold for more than 25 years,They used to be given a season ticket but now it is a pass and they have to find a seat after kick off.

Personally I think the clubs decision is unfair

So they are expected to buy a ticket and still work and miss the start of the game then? That does seem unfair 

4 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

My friend is a programme seller and was told if he wants a ticket he has to buy one. He has sold for more than 25 years,They used to be given a season ticket but now it is a pass and they have to find a seat after kick off.

Personally I think the clubs decision is unfair

Sounds as though it is simply an automatic consequence of this match being a sell out, i.e. the pass to find a seat won’t work if no seats.

Surely people who sell half time draw tickets and programmes are no more certainly city fans than contract staff who work in the bars..? 

What city fan would take a job at the club, that means they don’t get to see all the match? There won’t be any empty seats for this game, so I don’t really get the big deal. 

I counldn’t get tickets for Strictly, for Mum, just because I work at the BBC. 

2 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

Yep programme sellers are paid. Not a fun task most weeks though because of the weather

So assuming they work for, what, 3 hours..? Presumably at minimum wage @£7.50 per hour PLUS get a £30 match ticket. 

Blimey, that’s not a bad little gig! 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

So assuming they work for, what, 3 hours..? Presumably at minimum wage @£7.50 per hour PLUS get a £30 match ticket. 

Blimey, that’s not a bad little gig! 

But would you buy a ticket for a game when you can’t watch it all? This isn’t another dig at early leavers btw;)

Have to say, my sympathy is limited if they are getting paid. Standing in the rain is part of the job. Getting to see the game that the rest of us are paying a lot to watch is a pretty massive perk for a couple of hours work.

If I was their boss I’d maintain the status quo and give them a free ticket, but I don’t think you can really complain if the freebie you don’t have a right to gets taken away. At the end of the day, the club are guaranteeing them a ticket if they want it (a privilege the rest of us have paid for) and they’ll still get paid for their work.

1 hour ago, Tammys Scan said:

I'm not saying it isn't true but I saw this as well on the CTID Facebook page, which is made up of 30% idiots and 70% pathological liars so I'm not sure on the truth in this. If it is true then of course, a ridiculous decision by the club on every level.

Hey I go on there and I'm not a pathological liar:P

16 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Surely people who sell half time draw tickets and programmes are no more certainly city fans than contract staff who work in the bars..? 

What city fan would take a job at the club, that means they don’t get to see all the match? There won’t be any empty seats for this game, so I don’t really get the big deal. 

I counldn’t get tickets for Strictly, for Mum, just because I work at the BBC. 

It’s a given that they always get given match tickets, for selling half time draw tickets prior to games. This practice has gone on for years.

so your theory of working at the BBC and strictly, is quite frankly, completely pointless.  

1 minute ago, bengalcub said:

Typical bcfc off pitch antics utter disregard for fans , club really is a joke of the pitch if this is true !! 

They are employees, not fans. (Of course they may be fans as well, but the very nature of this role means that they don’t actually even buy tickets) 

Archived