IGNORED

Alleged Staff Treatment by BCFC

Big C

1 minute ago, AshtonPark said:

It’s a given that they always get given match tickets, for selling half time draw tickets prior to games. This practice has gone on for years.

so your theory of working at the BBC and strictly, is quite frankly, completely pointless.  

I don’t get tickets for Pointless either..!

2 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

It’s a given that they always get given match tickets, for selling half time draw tickets prior to games. This practice has gone on for years.

so your theory of working at the BBC and strictly, is quite frankly, completely pointless.  

I read somewhere that the rules regarding comp tickets for league and cup matches are very different. I think this could be the reasoning as much as the huge demand in this case. The club simply isn’t allowed to give the amount of tickets out they normally do. 

1 minute ago, RedM said:

I read somewhere that the rules regarding comp tickets for league and cup matches are very different. I think this could be the reasoning as much as the huge demand in this case. The club simply isn’t allowed to give the amount of tickets out they normally do. 

A very valid point. You are correct. 

15 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Have to say, my sympathy is limited if they are getting paid. Standing in the rain is part of the job. Getting to see the game that the rest of us are paying a lot to watch is a pretty massive perk for a couple of hours work.

If I was their boss I’d maintain the status quo and give them a free ticket, but I don’t think you can really complain if the freebie you don’t have a right to gets taken away. At the end of the day, the club are guaranteeing them a ticket if they want it (a privilege the rest of us have paid for) and they’ll still get paid for their work.

And to some extent you are right they are paid to stand in the rain. However are these people actually doing the job for the money? I can only guess that they are willing to do a couple of hours in the rain at minimum wage is for the nice perk of getting free albeit late entry to the game. Now if the club has changed the goal posts on them surely they should have told them weeks ago

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Big C said:

And to some extent you are right they are paid to stand in the rain. However are these people actually doing the job for the money? I can only guess that they are willing to do a couple of hours in the rain at minimum wage is for the nice perk of getting free albeit late entry to the game. Now if the club has changed the goal posts on them surely they should have told them weeks ago

That to me is the real issue, unless this has happened before, but wasn't such an issue due to the opposition? 

Would it be in their contractural terms and conditions of employment? 

3 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

What’s the difference between lansdown junior giving his mates tickets (which has happened) and to ticket sellers?

Can you believe that David Attenborough has never invited me round his house for one of his dinner parties..?!

Apparently it’s all about his “mates” 

1 minute ago, phantom said:

That to me is the real issue, unless this has happened before, but wasn't such an issue due to the opposition? 

Would it be in their contractural terms and conditions of employment? 

I’m sure they wouldn’t want that, for tax reasons.!

3 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

What’s the difference between lansdown junior giving his mates tickets (which has happened) and to ticket sellers?

Because he has two boxes which one he has paid for and invites his friends/ family's/ Buisness clients there.

Small fact that his family has also contributed millions of £'s and secured the future of the club for years to come. Also making it a far more pleasant experience to watch games in a modified Ashton gate.

Ticket sellers are paid to sell tickets... To compare them to Jon landsown is utterly clueless.

I was a programme seller for a few months back in the late 90’s, it’s not an easy task, surrounded by people thrusting money at you and trying to watch out for chancers trying to nick programmes out of the box while you’re distracted. I had to sell 100 programmes before I got commission of 5p for everyone I sold. Now getting to see the game for free was the reason I did it, because the renumeration was minimal. 

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Have I missed something? Why would a ticket seller get a free ticket? Surely they’re paid employees? 

They get free entry because they were told they would get free entry when they applied and have been getting free entry for years. Now people have debated whether that is acceptable or not,  but I guess the real issue here if the goal posts have been changed surely they should have been made aware of that before this week

Let's be fair here.

A ticket seller possibly makes a few quid 22 times a season hawking out publications that no one really wants, but they serve a purpose.

In exchange they get what probably equates to next to no money but free entry to games like Shrewsbury at home on a Tuesday night, and indeed Saturday games where seats are available.

It's hardly fair that (even with wages) they are denied the chance to watch 75 minutes of a cup tie that they grafted for when we played Plymouth and largely accepted we would lose, because, (after all), LJ was well out of his depth.

I would side favourably of gifting them tickets for this upcoming game.

I hope the club are able to accommodate them.

8 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

It’s Bristol City no surprise just par for the course ...

Can you just list the city supporting groups who should be denied a chance to purchase a ticket for a seat given to this group? I just want to understand the priority hierarchy you support. 

Oh, and who are you happy has priority to a seat ahead of you?

5 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

Can you just list the city supporting groups who should be denied a chance to purchase a ticket for a seat given to this group? I just want to understand the priority hierarchy you support. 

Oh, and who are you happy has priority to a seat ahead of you?

You do have a point but Not sure that this is the main point, Whether they deserve tickets or not is debatable however if they are used to getting them and are only told this week that they won’t be getting one then that is poor. 

24 minutes ago, Big C said:

They get free entry because they were told they would get free entry when they applied and have been getting free entry for years. Now people have debated whether that is acceptable or not,  but I guess the real issue here if the goal posts have been changed surely they should have been made aware of that before this week

Is it in their contract? Were they told ‘you can watch the games if there is a free seat’ or were the told ‘you will be guaranteed a seat for every game’. ?

Big difference. 

It’s a sell out game - why should they get a free ticket just because they happen to work at the stadium? What about the bar staff, turnstile operators, car park attendants, shop staff, finance workers etc? Are they all getting free tickets? 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Is it in their contract? Were they told ‘you can watch the games if there is a free seat’ or were the told ‘you will be guaranteed a seat for every game’. ?

Big difference. 

It’s a sell out game - why should they get a free ticket just because they happen to work at the stadium? What about the bar staff, turnstile operators, car park attendants, shop staff, finance workers etc? Are they all getting free tickets? 

But don’t you think they should have been told that this was happening?

5 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Contracts .... behave they sell tickets for the club let them have a ticket for the game if not tell them before they go on sale not after it’s sold out ... disgraceful treatment as always from bcfc .

Listen to this man.

If anyone knows tickets. It's this poster.

16 minutes ago, Big C said:

But don’t you think they should have been told that this was happening?

Again all comes down to what’s in their contracts and/or how the ‘free ticket’ benefit was described to them when they commenced their employment. 

If they’ve been led to believe that they had a guaranteed feee seat for every game and  only now they’re told that’s not the case, that’s one thing...if they've been told ‘feel free to watch the game if there’s any spare seats’ that’s another thing entirely. 

Context needed. 

Archived