IGNORED

Alleged Staff Treatment by BCFC

Big C

There will be seats available somewhere in the ground, there always is. I sit near the posh seats and there are always hundreds available. How many sellers are we talking about?  If its raining we will prob not even get a 25,000 crowd IMO. If there are tickets available for them to buy then let them have them free. It won't bankrupt the club.

Just now, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Shall we get the non playing players to but a ticket too when they are sat in the stands?

This reads more like a personal dig?

And the seagulls.

I saw a couple copping a birdseye view the other week.

There they were, flying around without a care in the world. And not a ticket in sight.

Bloody parasites. Killing our club.

Just now, marmite said:

There will be seats available somewhere in the ground, there always is. I sit near the posh seats and there are always hundreds available. How many sellers are we talking about?  If its raining we will prob not even get a 25,000 crowd IMO. If there are tickets available for them to buy then let them have them free. It won't bankrupt the club.

Why would they give tickets away for free that can be sold? Are we a charity? 

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

And as I’ve said repeatedly, we don’t seem to have any info on the actual terms of that benefit which presumably they’ve all signed up to? Do we even know it covers cup games? 

But you taken my reply out of context I wasn't replying to you. I was replying to Phantom when he said if they wanted to watch matches why didn't they buy a ticket so I responded that they've never needed to.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Big C said:

But you taken my reply out of context I wasn't replying to you. I was replying to Phantom when he said if they wanted to watch matches why didn't they buy a ticket so I responded that they've never needed to.

and that is the crux of this discussion, it appears one person has assumed he would be getting a ticket, when the club should / could have advised them they would have to buy a ticket

I know of someone who fits into one of these roles and they full recognise the free entry is on the basis of supply and demand

Seems like this is down to poor comms, or is it just one lad that has misunderstood all this?

2 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Having spoken to more than one employee of the club they are under the belief that getting a ticket is a perk and no longer part of the t&c's of employment

Wait, so the person shouting on Facebook didn’t have all the facts?

Well I’m truly shocked. 

2 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Having spoken to more than one employee of the club they are under the belief that getting a ticket is a perk and no longer part of the t&c's of employment

Which is a valid point but if you have been working there for years and watching big games and tiny games when you finished don't you think that these people should have been told weeks ago that they wont get this perk for this game so they could have least prepare to get a ticket?

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Big C said:

Which is a valid point but if you have been working there for years and watching big games and tiny games when you finished don't you think that these people should have been told weeks ago that they wont get this perk for this game so they could have least prepare to get a ticket?

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

Seems like this is down to poor comms

Ok , let's put this to bed once and for all. Casual match day staff are entitled to watch the remainder of the game, after they finish work, free of charge as long as there are available seats. They have no right to this but has rarely been a problem , although during the rebuild were told they probably wouldn't get a seat, but there always was due to segregation areas. If I was a programme seller and had to buy my ticket for this or any other game, I would watch the whole game as I'm entitled to and not work that day, and that seems to be the risk the club are taking.

Just now, The Horse With No Name said:

Ok , let's put this to bed once and for all. Casual match day staff are entitled to watch the remainder of the game, after they finish work, free of charge as long as there are available seats. They have no right to this but has rarely been a problem , although during the rebuild were told they probably wouldn't get a seat, but there always was due to segregation areas. If I was a programme seller and had to buy my ticket for this or any other game, I would watch the whole game as I'm entitled to and not work that day, and that seems to be the risk the club are taking.

So pretty much exactly what we figured - a discretionary benefit, not an entitlement, and it probably says as much in their terms of employment. 

I get that people feel that these sellers should consider themselves lucky to be getting this perk and due to this game being a sell-out then if the club has reserved them a ticket to buy then that’s pretty fair. Although if I was a buying a ticket for the game I would want the full match experience of the pre match entertainment and a drink with my mates and I certainly wouldn’t want to work a normal shift and miss the kick off, but that is a different argument.

The crux of the matter is that if you applied for the job on the basis of the advert that you would get a match ticket and you have been working there for years and getting that match ticket, and there’ve been big games in recent years, ok maybe not as big as Man Utd, but still big games even so, West Ham with a reduced capacity for instance then you would expect the same for this game. If you’ve never had to pay for a ticket in the past you would not expect that to suddenly change.

Now there may well be rules or contract stipulations regarding this and it might be naïve of the staff member not to enquire about their ticket allocation however if the same practice has gone on for years shouldn’t it have made clear to them right at the outset that they couldn’t have free entry for this game and not left to the last minute, which seems to be the case. Like Phantom says there seems to be a severe lack of communication

Just now, Big C said:

I get that people feel that these sellers should consider themselves lucky to be getting this perk and due to this game being a sell-out then if the club has reserved them a ticket to buy then that’s pretty fair. Although if I was a buying a ticket for the game I would want the full match experience of the pre match entertainment and a drink with my mates and I certainly wouldn’t want to work a normal shift and miss the kick off, but that is a different argument.

The crux of the matter is that if you applied for the job on the basis of the advert that you would get a match ticket and you have been working there for years and getting that match ticket, and there’ve been big games in recent years, ok maybe not as big as Man Utd, but still big games even so, West Ham with a reduced capacity for instance then you would expect the same for this game. If you’ve never had to pay for a ticket in the past you would not expect that to suddenly change.

Now there may well be rules or contract stipulations regarding this and it might be naïve of the staff member not to enquire about their ticket allocation however if the same practice has gone on for years shouldn’t it have made clear to them right at the outset that they couldn’t have free entry for this game and not left to the last minute, which seems to be the case. Like Phantom says there seems to be a severe lack of communication

The wording isn’t brilliant in the advert but I’m sure the full details of the scheme are well publicised in the terms of employment. More fool anyone who signs stuff like that without looking at it. 

More to the point, if the ‘match day experience’ of watching Bristol City is that importantly to you, then why on earth would you voluntarily take a role that impinges on that?

Just sounds like a case of a misplaced sense of entitlement. If you’re that desperate to watch City play Man U then buy a ticket like everyone else and be grateful for the 20+ games a year you do get to watch for free. 

48 minutes ago, marmite said:

Yes no doubt there will be 2,000 people who've spent up to £41 on a match ticket who decide not to come to the biggest match in years because it's drizzling.

14 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

What’s the difference between lansdown junior giving his mates tickets (which has happened) and to ticket sellers?

Let me guess?

The fact his Dad just funded a £49m rebuild of the stadium maybe?

A bit like someone complaining that they aren't as rich as him to me..

54 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

My mate works for GWR and gets train tickets to anywhere for £8.

Bum luck if he is also a match day draw seller.

£8 to get from temple leads to parson street, no match ticket, and with a fair wind a parking ticket when he gets back for leaving his motor 9m from a corner.

This club is a disgrace.

3 hours ago, harrys said:

Well you can blame the greedy and “all about profit” society we are living in for that, railway staff always got free travel. I’m still waiting to hear if Adam B has paid for his ticket or not?

why would adam pay for a ticket, he'll be working as he is head of media,

2 hours ago, phantom said:

I believe if you work for an actual train provider EG GWR / Cross country you still get free travel for yourself / partner. I am guessing @Monkeh works in a different line?

nope,

I can get a reduction in the season ticket but free travel for te tocs contractors and network rail went with the collapse of rail trac

This needs nailing down before we get to the Prem and Europa League

Can this be added to the minutes for the next board meeting please

Can't be arsed to trawl the whole thread, but surely the contract clearly states what games (if any) the people concerned aren't guaranteed a ticket for. Either they have nothing to complain about, presumably they all read the contract before they signed it?, or the club have been a little naughty here

Either way, lets not use it as a stick to bash the club with, not now. 3rd, United in the QF of the League Cup. It's going alright, but we're still gonna do what OTIB does......

Archived