IGNORED

Alleged Staff Treatment by BCFC

Big C

4 hours ago, harrys said:

I’m still waiting to know if Adam B has paid for his ticket

He'll be up in the gods commentating I expect. I can't imagine a commentator would have to buy a ticket, I doubt the sky sports team who will doing the pre/post match bits will by a ticket?

Has anyone checked if the St. Johns Ambulance teams/camera men/police have paid for a ticket - nice little earners here!

5 minutes ago, grifty said:

He'll be up in the gods commentating I expect. I can't imagine a commentator would have to buy a ticket, I doubt the sky sports team who will doing the pre/post match bits will by a ticket?

Has anyone checked if the St. Johns Ambulance teams/camera men/police have paid for a ticket - nice little earners here!

what about little lee and the coaching staff, has pogba got a ticket, if not he can't play surely 

25 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

what about little lee and the coaching staff, has pogba got a ticket, if not he can't play surely 

It’s a real struggle to have a sensible debate on here without the usual suspects popping up with their sarcasm, personally I think the club should of looked after their staff by giving them the usual benefits of free entry (which has happened since as long as anyone can remember) many disagree, i’ll Leave it at that 

Hey all

A ticket seller here... so thought I’d clear some things up.

So yes we get paid a very small amount for the work BUT the deal when taking the role was that we got in to the games for free. This is why we do this not for a few pound a month.

We were informed on Saturday that we would have to pay for our ticket, when none of us were expecting this, I asked about the full price vs missing the start of the game so they have agreed for us to finish 15 minutes prior to kick off.

as organised as we know they are I had an email mid day on Monday to say we had to pay before 5pm that night, so contacted the community trust to give details they needed to pass over to the ticket office but they hadn’t received much info from other sellers so said they would postpone it.

one of the other sellers received an email to say it was ready to be paid for at half four today, but I haven’t received confirmation of this but will call them tomorrow and try and get the ticket.

ive been doing this for five years and there hasn’t been any indication that any games would need to ever be paid for as that is why we do this, the money had been cut a couple of times over the last year or so (once with out being informed) but no one said anything as we don’t really care about that it’s for the entry and helping out the trust is why we do this, telling you standing out in the freezing cold for a couple of quid is definitely not worth it.

some of these guys have been doing it for decades and think this is the first time this has happened 

this has been really badly organised and badly handled this (on top of other things I guess) has been the last straw for the person who runs this and started up the half time draw in the same email about informing us about the tickets he let us know he resigned, so he wasn’t happy with this either.

also we have been asking since the draw and told that nothing has been clarified

hopefully this clears it all up any questions let me know

15 minutes ago, Ruddie said:

Hey all

So yes we get paid a very small amount for the work BUT the deal when taking the role was that we got in to the games for free. This is why we do this not for a few pound a month.

We were informed on Saturday that we would have to pay for our ticket, when none of us were expecting this, I asked about the full price vs missing the start of the game so they have agreed for us to finish 15 minutes prior to kick off.

as organised as we know they are I had an email mid day on Monday to say we had to pay before 5pm that night, so contacted the community trust to give details they needed to pass over to the ticket office but they hadn’t received much info from other sellers so said they would postpone it.

one of the other sellers received an email to say it was ready to be paid for at half four today, but I haven’t received confirmation of this but will call them tomorrow and try and get the ticket.

ive been doing this for five years and there hasn’t been any indication that any games would need to ever be paid for as that is why we do this, the money had been cut a couple of times over the last year or so (once with out being informed) but no one said anything as we don’t really care about that it’s for the entry and helping out the trust is why we do this, telling you standing out in the freezing cold for a couple of quid is definitely not worth it.

some of these guys have been doing it for decades and think this is the first time this has happened 

this has been really badly organised and badly handled this (on top of other things I guess) has been the last straw for the person who runs this and started up the half time draw in the same email about informing us about the tickets he let us know he resigned, so he wasn’t happy with this either.

also we have been asking since the draw and told that nothing has been clarified

@Mkelly @AdamB

Well the reply to this should be interesting.

6 hours ago, harrys said:

It’s a real struggle to have a sensible debate on here without the usual suspects popping up with their sarcasm, personally I think the club should of looked after their staff by giving them the usual benefits of free entry (which has happened since as long as anyone can remember) many disagree, i’ll Leave it at that 

Oh course you are going to get a sarcastic response you melt, you asked if our head of media had paid for his ticket,

you know the guy who interviews the players and managers pre and post match, the guy who will be doing the radio commentary  

if it was a wind up its a good one if its a genuine question then you deserve all the sarcastic responses as frankly it's a stupid ******* question

1 hour ago, Ruddie said:

Hey all

Bristol Sport doesn’t give a flying ****.

Sadly the way of the World when things are in demand and supply can’t keep up. But like PC World selling Black Tag event laptops in the run up to Christmas.

There will be loads of apologies as there always are, yet the Clowns at the top don’t give a shit. There’s always some other customer who will come along and buy a pizza or some other seller who will take your place.

Football at Ashton Gate is simply a vehicle to make money. If you’re in any doubt look at the recent development in “the brand” to sell insurance.

Insurance? There was me thinking this was a football club. **** me no. This is a consumer brand. All to make those with money even more.

But hey. We need to be grateful. For what I’m no longer certain.

2 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

@Bar BS3 after reading the above, still their own fault for not being paid members or having season tickets?

On reading the account from the seller, it does sound badly organised, but as others have said, it depends if it’s written in their terms of employment that they get free entry, or if it’s just an informal thing. Obviously the game being a complete sell out makes it an anomaly. 

Yes, they should probably still get entry, or at least clarity over needing to buy tickets. 

Surely they have to be paid minimum wage though, for the 2 hours that they work. It’s their choice to do the job. 

Do I have a sympathy? A little bit, I suppose.

Do they have rights? It doesn’t sound like it. 

57 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Bristol Sport doesn’t give a flying ****.

Sadly the way of the World when things are in demand and supply can’t keep up. But like PC World selling Black Tag event laptops in the run up to Christmas.

There will be loads of apologies as there always are, yet the Clowns at the top don’t give a shit. There’s always some other customer who will come along and buy a pizza or some other seller who will take your place.

Football at Ashton Gate is simply a vehicle to make money. If you’re in any doubt look at the recent development in “the brand” to sell insurance.

Insurance? There was me thinking this was a football club. **** me no. This is a consumer brand. All to make those with money even more.

But hey. We need to be grateful. For what I’m no longer certain.

You think that Steve Lansdown makes money from owning the club..?! 

6 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Oh course you are going to get a sarcastic response you melt, you asked if our head of media had paid for his ticket,

you know the guy who interviews the players and managers pre and post match, the guy who will be doing the radio commentary  

if it was a wind up its a good one if its a genuine question then you deserve all the sarcastic responses as frankly it's a stupid ******* question

What is a melt, i assume it’s an insult? No need for it if so

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

You think that Steve Lansdown makes money from owning the club..?! 

******* hell. Here we go again.

You think he does it for fun? The love of it? Some other altruistic reason?

Ultimately yes I think there is a financial reason for him doing what he does. Why else would you introduce an insurance offer?

48 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Ultimately yes I think there is a financial reason for him doing what he does. Why else would you introduce an insurance offer?

As soon as we are all happy to pay more for tickets, or new players are free and play for nothing, we can then do away with any concept of raising revenue from other avenues.

Unfortunately, it strikes me the demand for splashing the cash (see transfer window threads) and freezing ticket prices seems fairly strong just for the moment, so trying to be competitive off the pitch might not be something to throw away just yet....

8 hours ago, Ruddie said:

Hey all

From this account it would appear you have been very badly treated. If seats are available to buy, they should be available for the usual 'watch the match for free' perk. I would guess we are talking about no more than 20 tickets here.

To me, this smacks of a 'middle management' decision and not something that has come from the top. If it was escalated it seems like the sort of thing that would be sorted out pretty quickly.

Of course, this is only one side of the story and there is always another, but if this is genuine and how it happened then a very poor show by the club indeed IMO.

2 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

******* hell. Here we go again.

You think he does it for fun? The love of it? Some other altruistic reason?

is there ****, he's pump what 100 million into the club now with writing off debt refurbing the stadium etc how much has he made, I'd wager no where close to breaking even,

The only way lansdown would make money is to sell the club

Typical city really, great to watch on the field an absolute car crash off it. Ran by people who just do not understand football or it's fans. A slo who is in bed with the club and another mouthpiece who posts replies then runs away. I doubt they are on minimum wage and I doubt there is much of a contract for them to use as leverage. Just another case of use and abuse. 

1 minute ago, frenchred said:

Typical city really, great to watch on the field an absolute car crash off it. Ran by people who just do not understand football or it's fans. A slo who is in bed with the club and another mouthpiece who posts replies then runs away. I doubt they are on minimum wage and I doubt there is much of a contract for them to use as leverage. Just another case of use and abuse. 

think is, I'd wager on 91 other forums you get the exact same threads, 

Archived