IGNORED

Tubby Tomlin

wendyredredrobin

1 minute ago, freezer said:

Well....'Tubby' came on at half-time against Norwich in Cardiffs last game when they were a goal down. Ended up winning 3-1.

The Premiership is a huge payday. £28k is peanuts in comparison.

Just saying like

He also came on against us, and did fk all. 

6 minutes ago, freezer said:

Well....'Tubby' came on at half-time against Norwich in Cardiffs last game when they were a goal down. Ended up winning 3-1.

The Premiership is a huge payday. £28k is peanuts in comparison.

Just saying like

If Cardiff are playing premier league football next season it won’t be anything to do with Tomlin - he’s been a spectator. 

10 hours ago, harrys said:

What was he meant to do in 6 minutes?

I was being facetious, but nonetheless we all know what LT is capable of and that he has the footballing ability to tear probably all defences in this league apart. Unfortunately he was born with a debilitating attitude and we know these stand out performances are few and far between. Just making the point one swallow does not mean a summer. 

Assume the figures are correct, there have been 20 odd weeks since 1 July - he has been paid between £500-600k, they initially spent £3m ish to sign him, plus agents' fees plus signing on fees. He has started 3 games and come on in just 6. No goals and two bookings. I think that is more telling than a 45m cameo v Norwich. 

If I was a Cardiff fan I would say he has overall done fk all, I know some who do, and they are the only Cardiff fans I know. 

41 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I was being facetious, but nonetheless we all know what LT is capable of and that he has the footballing ability to tear probably all defences in this league apart. Unfortunately he was born with a debilitating attitude and we know these stand out performances are few and far between. Just making the point one swallow does not mean a summer. 

Assume the figures are correct, there have been 20 odd weeks since 1 July - he has been paid between £500-600k, they initially spent £3m ish to sign him, plus agents' fees plus signing on fees. He has started 3 games and come on in just 6. No goals and two bookings. I think that is more telling than a 45m cameo v Norwich. 

If I was a Cardiff fan I would say he has overall done fk all, I know some who do, and they are the only Cardiff fans I know. 

It does highlight what crazy wages footballers are on even at Championship level

2 hours ago, 29AR said:

It’s not really his fault though, is it. He’s ended up as peripheral because the original starting lineup has done so well and his skills havent been needed. It’s not as if he has failed and been dropped. Just trying to be honest.

3 minutes ago, Leveller said:

It’s not really his fault though, is it. He’s ended up as peripheral because the original starting lineup has done so well and his skills havent been needed. It’s not as if he has failed and been dropped. Just trying to be honest.

Just like here. 

Eventually he will start to get pissed off with not being the star man ( waiting on the bench) and the infernal circle will start again .

I am glad he's gone. He was just another waster. 

10 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Just like here. 

Eventually he will start to get pissed off with not being the star man ( waiting on the bench) and the infernal circle will start again .

I am glad he's gone. He was just another waster. 

Its often the case that a special player coming in to a club can be the catalyst for things changing for the better.

For us it does seem that a special player leaving was the catalyst for change.

It was not the only reason, but I do think it was a major factor in things improving for us this season.

4 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Its often the case that a special player coming in to a club can be the catalyst for things changing for the better.

For us it does seem that a special player leaving was the catalyst for change.

It was not the only reason, but I do think it was a major factor in things improving for us this season.

I think it highlights the strength of a team . 

We have a club where everyone is pulling in the same direction for each other . 

Tomlin was playing for Tomlin .

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

I'm afraid it is though in my opinion. He was their number one target, as highlighted above probably already coming towards a £5m outlay on him, and he has had opportunities. He frankly ought to have played his way in to the team on the pitch and on the training pitch, much more he should be one of the first on the teamsheet. Anyone can hit form, but he has true class and ability, I don't think he should be outmuscled from a shirt by many in this division.

Also, their chaiman is Vincent Tan. Remember what he said about Cornelius and Mackay and wasting money. I bet he's none to happy with the outlay on Lee Tomlin right now - I've heard that is the case from a friend who is a fan of theirs and who could conceivably know that, but I don't say it's true.

I'm not one to believe anything from the Evening Post or Colin but suspending that disbelief for a few seconds....

Warnock now wants Tomlin to put his early season struggles to bed.

The Cardiff boss said last month: "The manager (Johnson) and him didn’t see eye to eye and these things happen.

"I’ve had players here that I didn’t really get on with and I managed to move them on.

"Their club has moved on now, they’ve got a new squad of players and Lee has come to us.

"He’s a bit of a maverick in that respect and we haven't got anyone else like him at the club and I’m sure they haven’t."

Here's what I take from these soundbites:

• Warnock admits that Tomlin has struggled
  • "...and I managed to move them on" - he knows he's been stitched up with this one 
  • "...Lee has come to us" is a dislocation from the reality that he was Warnock's main summer target and they were prepared to pay.  Start spreading the blame in other directions
  • "He's a bit of a maverick..." = he doesn't do anything  he's asked to do
  • "...we haven't got anyone else like him at the club" - because that would be another massive waste of money
  • "...and I'm sure they haven't" - thank goodness, we're much better without him

Tomlin is the gift that keeps on giving.

12 hours ago, DaveF said:

Fair play to him if he can get that sort of money.  I don’t know why we’re still having little digs at him like ‘Tubby Tomlin’, grow up.

How boring would football be if we all 'grew up' on a Saturday?

2 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

i thought we had a salary cap at £15k? I remember seeing  a photocopy of a list wages on here! Does anyone have the current list?

Wes Burns' father, djbsomething on here, mentioned in a post shortly after WB went to Fleetwood that Lee Johnson had left a copy of the players' salary details in a café.

Was that true and, if so, is that the photocopy to which you refer?

5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Wes Burns' father, djbsomething on here, mentioned in a post shortly after WB went to Fleetwood that Lee Johnson had left a copy of the players' salary details in a café.

Was that true and, if so, is that the photocopy to which you refer?

yep I think so.

12 hours ago, DaveF said:

Fair play to him if he can get that sort of money.  I don’t know why we’re still having little digs at him like ‘Tubby Tomlin’, grow up.

I agree. The state of half the fans at Ashton Gate does make it funny when people criticise his stature. A few posts down from yours is one about polishing off 6 XL Pizzas... I presume this person (and people who make similar unfunny comments) have perfect bodies, no bad points and eat perfect food?

52 minutes ago, grifty said:

I agree. The state of half the fans at Ashton Gate does make it funny when people criticise his stature. A few posts down from yours is one about polishing off 6 XL Pizzas... I presume this person (and people who make similar unfunny comments) have perfect bodies, no bad points and eat perfect food?

Why? Lee Tomlin is a professional athlete who has nothing to do but to work on his own game, fitness (and Nanny). It is absolutely fair game to criticise someone's fitness when they are being paid an annual salary per week and should ensure that they are at peak fitness. The difference between the average fan and Lee Tomlin is it's his freaking job to be in peak condition, it isn't with a fan; that's a lifestyle choice.

By your logic I should not criticise Frank Fielding's distribution because it is still better than mine. I should not criticise a referee for a bad decision when I would make more under their pressure. I should not criticise Bobby Reid for having a bastard of a hair cut when I once used to rock Nick Carter-esque curtains... Even hypocrites are entitled to an opinion and hypocricy doesn't make it invalid.

Archived