IGNORED

Tubby Tomlin

wendyredredrobin

18 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Why? Lee Tomlin is a professional athlete who has nothing to do but to work on his own game, fitness (and Nanny). It is absolutely fair game to criticise someone's fitness when they are being paid an annual salary per week and should ensure that they are at peak fitness. The difference between the average fan and Lee Tomlin is it's his freaking job to be in peak condition, it isn't with a fan; that's a lifestyle choice.

By your logic I should not criticise Frank Fielding's distribution because it is still better than mine. I should not criticise a referee for a bad decision when I would make more under their pressure. I should not criticise Bobby Reid for having a bastard of a hair cut when I once used to rock Nick Carter-esque curtains... Even hypocrites are entitled to an opinion and hypocricy doesn't make it invalid.

No, i understand your point and certainly if they are unfit as a result of their attitude towards fitness then they should receive criticism. However, people can struggle to maintain peak condition due to their metabolism, body shape, genes, etc which I think most people would agree Tomlin falls into. He just has the skills/ability to counteract this. This isn't always their 'fault' so the comments of eating 6 XL pizzas, etc is misguided and not right.

The other bits you've mentioned arent relatable to critiscing someones fitness because of their metabolism, etc. Fieldings kick would have been a bad one, but he would have done a good one the next time for example. Bobby Reids hair can be cut. Tomlin can't turn into an olympic athlete.

Tomlin issue is his attitude, not his fitness. Thats what people should focus on, not what he eats.

18 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Why? Lee Tomlin is a professional athlete who has nothing to do but to work on his own game, fitness (and Nanny). It is absolutely fair game to criticise someone's fitness when they are being paid an annual salary per week and should ensure that they are at peak fitness. The difference between the average fan and Lee Tomlin is it's his freaking job to be in peak condition, it isn't with a fan; that's a lifestyle choice.

I would never criticise a player's ability if I thought they were giving themselves every possibility to play at their (personal) maximum level.  Unfortunately, there are a number of players out there who aren't able to put aside their 'unhealthy interests' for a very short career when they are being paid a pile of cash for running around and swinging their legs.

I don't remember Tomlin ever looking fit and I can only remember a handful of games when he played for the full 90 minutes.  Pretty shocking for someone on £15k to £28k per week.

That list on here was complete bollocks , it listed players not even at the club and the club would not do print outs like that. Chelsea published we paid all of Tammys 25k a week wages, Tomlin was on 24k

There is no 15k a week salary cap, That is nonsense. About half our squad is 15k at least. 

48 minutes ago, grifty said:

No, i understand your point and certainly if they are unfit as a result of their attitude towards fitness then they should receive criticism. However, people can struggle to maintain peak condition due to their metabolism, body shape, genes, etc which I think most people would agree Tomlin falls into. He just has the skills/ability to counteract this. This isn't always their 'fault' so the comments of eating 6 XL pizzas, etc is misguided and not right.

The other bits you've mentioned arent relatable to critiscing someones fitness because of their metabolism, etc. Fieldings kick would have been a bad one, but he would have done a good one the next time for example. Bobby Reids hair can be cut. Tomlin can't turn into an olympic athlete.

Tomlin issue is his attitude, not his fitness. Thats what people should focus on, not what he eats.

Yeah I do agree he has a frame which perhaps is not typical of most footballers and also that he probably is helluva a lot fitter than he looks - books and covers and all that.

But I do think there is a bit of his bad attitude manifesting in his lack of peak conditioning also. If he really applied himself and if his attitude was better I think people wouldn't leap straight to the conclusion that his frame is due to lack of input and might focus on as you say genes, frame, metabolism etc. But when he comes on, stands around pointing fingers and waiting for freekicks, and is the only player who can get the right fit shirt from our club shop, it's too easy to assume he was picking up his dinner from a fast food shop whilst driving from Bristol to Leicester.

That run he made v Huddersfield whilst on loan and scored the goal, there was no way he was capable of that last season (imo) and I think that's pretty telling.

1 hour ago, palmerred said:

That list on here was complete bollocks , it listed players not even at the club and the club would not do print outs like that. Chelsea published we paid all of Tammys 25k a week wages, Tomlin was on 24k

There is no 15k a week salary cap, That is nonsense. About half our squad is 15k at least. 

Geoff Twentyman doesn't seem to think so 

1 hour ago, palmerred said:

Feel free to pm me mate. Would like to know who you would’ve heard it’s fake from, or youre just saying that because it ‘didn’t look professional’ Or something.The list was 100% real. That’s the truth.

You genuinely think half our squad is on 15k a week? Brownhill, Reid, Eliasson, Pack, Djuric? 15k a week minimum? 

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Feel free to pm me mate. Would like to know who you would’ve heard it’s fake from, or youre just saying that because it ‘didn’t look professional’ Or something.The list was 100% real. That’s the truth.

You genuinely think half our squad is on 15k a week? Brownhill, Reid, Eliasson, Pack, Djuric? 15k a week minimum? 

It looked fake and I'm not sure it's the sort of thing our club would leave hanging around. Why would you also have 3-4 players on a list who weren't even at the club.

We have a few internationals and a lot of promising players who would deffo be on more than 15k. Our wage bill is around £20m, do the maths on that.

There is no way Tomlin took a 50% reduction under contract at Bournemouth to join us. There is also do you think Cardiff would have doubled his wages.

we were paying all of Tammy's wages as well, which achelsea confirmed was 25k so there is instant proof we were paying more than 15k a week ! 

2 minutes ago, palmerred said:

It looked fake and I'm not sure it's the sort of thing our club would leave hanging around. Why would you also have 3-4 players on a list who weren't even at the club.

We have a few internationals and a lot of promising players who would deffo be on more than 15k. Our wage bill is around £20m, do the maths on that.

There is no way Tomlin took a 50% reduction under contract at Bournemouth to join us. There is also do you think Cardiff would have doubled his wages.

we were paying all of Tammy's wages as well, which achelsea confirmed was 25k so there is instant proof we were paying more than 15k a week ! 

So you don’t think it’s real because it ‘looked fake’?

Like I said it was 100% real, feel free to keep thinking it was fake for whatever reason but it was completely correct. A few players were given new deals a few weeks after it was released after seeing certain players were on more than them, so put 2 & 2 together on that as well 

19 minutes ago, petehinton said:

So you don’t think it’s real because it ‘looked fake’?

Like I said it was 100% real, feel free to keep thinking it was fake for whatever reason but it was completely correct. A few players were given new deals a few weeks after it was released after seeing certain players were on more than them, so put 2 & 2 together on that as well 

So how do you know it was 100% real 

Archived