IGNORED

Fully Fit 1st Team

BCFC Rich

I was thinking about what my starting line up would be if everyone was fully fit? I thought I'd have 4-4-2 with: GK - FF.  LB - Jo, CB - Baker, CB - Flint, RB - Eros.    LM - Pato, CM - Smith, CM - Brownhill, RM - COD.  ST - Fammy, ST - Reid.  You could make a case for sticking with Bailey at RB/CB or Pack in CM. But what is interesting to me is a doubt there would be many people who would disagree with that lineup. Despite the fact no one has been bad coming into the side, no one has really grabbed onto the opportunity to cement a place - particularly in the wide mid and striker roles. Upfront Fammy has been out for a while and though Djuric has been excellent he has been most effective from the bench (admittedly he is not 100% fit) and no one has really made it a headache for LJ when Fammy is fit again. For wide mid, with Pato not at his 100% best and now COD out, you would hope someone would really make be making a case for a starting place. 

With the exceptions of Bailey and Marlon, if everyone is fit are there any other players who would give us a selection headache? Don't get wrong the squad has been doing really well and we have coped with a lot of injuries but it might be good to have a bit more pressure on the 1st team players.

35 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

I was thinking about what my starting line up would be if everyone was fully fit? I thought I'd have 4-4-2 with: GK - FF.  LB - Jo, CB - Baker, CB - Flint, RB - Eros.    LM - Pato, CM - Smith, CM - Brownhill, RM - COD.  ST - Fammy, ST - Reid.  You could make a case for sticking with Bailey at RB/CB or Pack in CM. But what is interesting to me is a doubt there would be many people who would disagree with that lineup. Despite the fact no one has been bad coming into the side, no one has really grabbed onto the opportunity to cement a place - particularly in the wide mid and striker roles. Upfront Fammy has been out for a while and though Djuric has been excellent he has been most effective from the bench (admittedly he is not 100% fit) and no one has really made it a headache for LJ when Fammy is fit again. For wide mid, with Pato not at his 100% best and now COD out, you would hope someone would really make be making a case for a starting place. 

With the exceptions of Bailey and Marlon, if everyone is fit are there any other players who would give us a selection headache? Don't get wrong the squad has been doing really well and we have coped with a lot of injuries but it might be good to have a bit more pressure on the 1st team players.

No don't see this at all. As you know the same 11 don't play every week. Different teams for different games.

Really don't see us having a first 11. If Ellision  comes in and makes his mark, which the signs are good. Would you then kick him out for  O'Dowda?

Great as that side looks how many times has it played together?

Weve just got a fantastic squad.

Fielding

Pisano           wright.\flint        Baker.        Bryan.  

O'dowda                Brownhill         pack.           Paterson

Reid                famara

Start of the season definitely wright over flint but they've both been excellent so difficult to choose tbh

Gk: Fielding

Rb: Pisano

Cb: Baker

Cb: Flint

Lb: Bryan

CM: Brownhill

CM: Smith

CM: Pack

RM: Paterson

LM: O'Dowda

ST: Reid

Our best football has come when we have played that 'false 9' role of Reid, vs Boro and Fulham away which I thought we were absolutely fantastic in. Brownhill and Paterson enterchanging midfield positions leaving defenders constantly confused, Reid dropping deep to collect the ball which I believe is when he is at his most dangerous as that 'false 9'.

O'Dowda very direct. Smith is the key player, he glues the defence and attack together and Pack atm does enough really due to lack of options and I feel we need to strengthen his place, but he has a good partnership with Korey.

Back 4 speaks for itself imo, on its day the best centre back partnership in this Division.

2 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

That’s the same as my side.

1 hour ago, stephenkibby. said:

No don't see this at all. As you know the same 11 don't play every week. Different teams for different games.

Really don't see us having a first 11. If Ellision  comes in and makes his mark, which the signs are good. Would you then kick him out for  O'Dowda?

Great as that side looks how many times has it played together?

We've just got a fantastic squad.

This is kind of what I mean though. Ellision might step up (and yes there are some encouraging signs) but at the moment he is just doing a decent job filling the gap. If COD was fit on Friday I have no doubt he would be straight back into the team. What I was trying to say was, it would be great if when COD is fit again it was actually a tough call whether he comes back into the side. Our squad players are basically acting as really good squad players but not yet pushing the 11 I listed in the OP for a place in the team (unless we are resting players).

Fielding

Pisano            Flint            Baker              Bryan

Brownhill         Smith

Paterson                    Reid                        O'Dowda

Diedhiou

Subs: Steele, Wright, Pack, Eliasson, Leko, Taylor, Djuric

Archived