IGNORED

How do we beat Manchester?

Coppello

6 hours ago, Coppello said:

As we near one of the biggest games in recent history, LJ will no doubt be playing around with his giant iPad in his living room, considering how we should line up against Utd. 

I am interested to hear everyone's thoughts on how we expect to setup. Personally I feel that playing a 4-5-1 would see Reid overrun by a strong defence and he may have his work cut out. A 4-4-2 alongside Djuric would provide him a little more space to operate and allow Reid to buzz around their half. 

Other considerations would be whether we try to play football akin to our Championship home games with high pressing and slick passing. However, this may play into Manchester's hands and give them more space to operate. Alternatively, we could just **** it long to Djuric and hope to bully whoever they put at CB. 

N.b. I am fully expecting someone to say 'score more goals than the opposition.'

don't want to sound pedantic but don't complain when people call us Bristol.

2 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

I don't really care about beating them, this is a one off match for all the 'other' fans, the main thing is we keep winning in the league, be glad when this tinsel wrapped fixture is out of the way and we can get on with our lives...just like Christmas really.:xmas:

Christmas bahh humbug!!

It's utterly suicidal to 'play the way we've been playing' and would end with United scoring at least 4, in my opinion. There's no option other than keeping it tight, and breaking up the game as much as possible. Our best chances of scoring surely come from set pieces, though they're a tall outfit themselves.

4 hours ago, Milan djurichimovic said:

Jose to play 4-5 young ones who we've never heard of, 260000 bristolians boo them every touch get behind our players get them buzzing! Also think patients and brownhill will have a point to prove with them both being on man ure's books. Just hope we can create a good atmosphere all the way around the ground not just the south stand

Really excites me, but 260000 in AG would not be comfy.

3 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

After considering all the possibilities, I think this is the team we should put out:

GK: Flint

LB: Flint

CB: Flint

RB: Flint

LW: Flint

CDM: Flint

CAM: Flint

RW: Flint

CF: Flint

ST: Flint

Manchester won't be able to cope with this line up.

I don't know If Flint can play in a side with Flint, and I'm very worried about Flint in that False 9 role. However, Flint drifting in from the right and creating chances for Flint up top really excites me.

Just now, ZiderEyed said:

I don't know If Flint can play in a side with Flint, and I'm very worried about Flint in that False 9 role. However, Flint drifting in from the right and creating chances for Flint up top really excites me.

Worry not, if it doesn't work I'm sure LJ will make the most of the subs:

Subs: Flint, Flint, Flint. Flint, Flint, Flint and Flint

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

no I didn't, this forum is full of people filled with righteous indignation when we are described as Bristol, so why start a thread with how do we beat MANCHESTER.

You may have noticed that 99% of threads on this forum refer to them thusly. Precisely because their fans insist on calling us Bristol and themselves simply "United". It's just a bit of fun.

15 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

After considering all the possibilities, I think this is the team we should put out:

GK: Flint

LB: Flint

RB: Flint

LW: Flint

CDM: Flint

CAM: Flint

RW: Flint

CF: Flint

ST: Flint

Manchester won't be able to cope with this line up.

Do you reckon we could bring in John Stones on an emergency loan?

CB pairing of Flint and Stones would be exceptional.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

City won't beat Man United regardless of who LJ  plays - assuming Jose plays takes the fixture seriously of course.

That's the spirit.

Just like City wouldn't beat Liverpool at Anfield.

Thanks for confirming it though, I now have an excuse to sell my  ticket to a non-deserving plastic Manchester fan.

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

For me, the only way is to play 6 in midfield wirh bobby as false no. 9. Chase them, hurry them, close them down, stifle them and dont let them play. Tackle like terriers, keep it tight, Dont let them have the ball, frustrate them and rough them up a bit. Our players will know the world is watching them.  There you are, that's my team talk as well.

Think Ibrahimavic will start..

If anyone fancies trying it on with him,good luck to you!

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

City won't beat Man United regardless of who LJ  plays - assuming Jose plays takes the fixture seriously of course.

Sure he will take it seriously. That team that played Burton in earlier round was a pretty strong team and that was a far easier game. Also I would expect Zlatan to play in this.

3 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

I don't really care about beating them, this is a one off match for all the 'other' fans, the main thing is we keep winning in the league, be glad when this tinsel wrapped fixture is out of the way and we can get on with our lives...just like Christmas really.:xmas:

by 'other' fans do you mean lesser fans? intrigued. 

Archived