IGNORED

How do we beat Manchester?

Coppello

26 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Or Super Leeds at Elland Rd .

The FA Cup draw was always made on the Monday lunchtime back in those days, and I can still recall the late Bill Shankly commenting on what a fantastic match there would be in the next round when his mighty Liverpool came to play Leeds.

It was certainly a cracking match, but Leeds failed to turn up as they had been knocked out in the previous round. 

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That's right.

City at their absolute best wouldn't beat a full strength Man United team but if Jose plays a weakened team they might have a chance.

Even if this full strength Man Utd team played crap and we played at our absolute best?

Only one way in my opinion: we just got for it from the off. Risky? Yes. But it's a knockout competition,  we are not playing for a draw and cant afford to defend for our lives and hope to nick one. If we go out, lets go out with a bang. If we go through, lets go through with a bang. 

5 minutes ago, KingLear said:

Even if this full strength Man Utd team played crap and we played at our absolute best?

Head v heart.

Head - City have a 20% chance of beating them if they played crap and we were at our best.

Heart - I'd love to see us beat them but I won't be holding my breath.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Head v heart.

Head - City have a 20% chance of beating them if they played crap and we were at our best.

Heart - I'd love to see us beat them but I won't be holding my breath.

Alan, please don't be offended if you're not invited into the dressing room to deliver the pre match team talk 

6 hours ago, Milan djurichimovic said:

Jose to play 4-5 young ones who we've never heard of, 260000 bristolians boo them every touch get behind our players get them buzzing! Also think patients and brownhill will have a point to prove with them both being on man ure's books. Just hope we can create a good atmosphere all the way around the ground not just the south stand

Not sure if the 234000 locked out of the ground will make themselves heard though.

6 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

We wont beat them. Great cup run culminating in this one moneyspinning game but that is all it will be. looking forward to it but at the same time want it to be over as, whatever anyone says, it has been a big distraction from our one goal in our chase for a top 6 place. We dont need more games, more chances to pick up injuries and cards/suspensions or the players/manager/club/fans taking their eye off the ball. Im hoping we put up a good show but i dont want us to progress any further for all the right reasons.

Agreed, a bit surprised you got 6 'rubbish' likeys' it is a bonus this game, but  the bread and butter is the League.

1 hour ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

After considering all the possibilities, I think this is the team we should put out:

GK: Flint

LB: Flint

CB: Flint

CB: Flint

RB: Flint

LW: Flint

CDM: Flint

CAM: Flint

RW: Flint

CF: Flint

ST: Flint

Manchester won't be able to cope with this line up.

We all dream of a team of Aden Flints....

What, to early???

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

That's right.

City at their absolute best wouldn't beat a full strength Man United team but if Jose plays a weakened team they might have a chance.

Let's just abolish professional sports then, seeing as the strongest team always wins. Not sure how to explain all the upsets over the years, but I bow to your superior knowledge.

8 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Let's just abolish professional sports then, seeing as the strongest team always wins. Not sure how to explain all the upsets over the years, but I bow to your superior knowledge.

I don't think Manchester like being reminded about being beaten 1-0 at Old Trafford by League One Leeds Utd not so long ago.

1 hour ago, cityloyal473 said:

Only one way in my opinion: we just got for it from the off. Risky? Yes. But it's a knockout competition,  we are not playing for a draw and cant afford to defend for our lives and hope to nick one. If we go out, lets go out with a bang. If we go through, lets go through with a bang. 

We should play in the style that got us to the quarter final and third in the league. 

We will be playing eleven human beings not eleven footballing gods.

As I've said previously if we approach this game in the same way that we have for every other game this season we have a chance of winning.

We don't need to fear anyone . The pressure will be on Personchester .

Let's give them a big West coun try welcome and send them home to concentrate  on the League !

Jose will play a weakened team, but still a very good one.  If he does not have it all his own way, he will bring our a few more of his stars in the second half.  He wants to go to Wembley too.  Zlatan will play as he needs match fitness and Flinty will find him a handful   May need to wack his injury and slow him down.

It is a game we can win, though a win is highly unlikely, but cup upsets ontinue to happen year after year, so here's hoping for another on the 20th and hope that they are having their Christmas bash on the 19th.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

City won't beat Man United regardless of who LJ  plays - assuming Jose plays takes the fixture seriously of course.

Of all of us on the forum I suppose you’d know best. To my knowledge you’re the only one on here who’s been in the managers office. 

Remind us how that went?

Archived