Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
headhunter

Lansdown backs new radio station .....

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Well this will be popular. Mackenzie is a toerag.

That's being kind.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Steve has got his timing spot on here - it just would not have been on to get involved, or "back," a **** like Kelvin Mackenzie during a season like last season (well, the record-breaking bit).

Steve does know Mackenzie was editor of The Sun in April 1989, does he?

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if BCFC will be slipped into talk in a disproportionate fashion? I doubt it and probably rightly so since the station is going to be London based. Mind you, the article does not speak of content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I wonder if BCFC will be slipped into talk in a disproportionate fashion? I doubt it and probably rightly so since the station is going to be London based. Mind you, the article does not speak of content.

Disappointing to see Bristol City and Kelvin McKenzie who has been an awful individual and vile towards football fans in the same article.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

What is it they say about the company one keeps?

Surprised and disappointed. 

Will this company be invited to Ashton Gate as a guest!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would have made more sense IMHO to have put money into Made in Bristol TV and made that credible rather than the shambles it continues to be.

Could have had naming rights across all content: Made in Bristol sponsored by Bristol Sport

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JonDolman said:

Surely this is a business decision. For whatever reason, Lansdown feels it's a good business decision. 

There are many decisions that can be made that are good for business, that doesn't make them good decisions.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

There are many decisions that can be made that are good for business, that doesn't make them good decisions.

What do you know about it?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RedDave said:

What do you know about it?  

Nothing about the business decision at all, not sure how supportive you'd be of another Football Club owner dealing with Kelvin Mackenzie though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Nothing about the business decision at all, not sure how supportive you'd be of another Football Club owner dealing with Kelvin Mackenzie though.

Honestly dont care.  I work in an industry with some horrid people but still deal with them and we mutually profit from those dealings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RumRed said:

There are many decisions that can be made that are good for business, that doesn't make them good decisions.

Whatever you think of kelvin mckenzie, what he says I think is true. London does deserve it's own sports radio station. Kelvin mckenzie might not even host any of the shows. The idea is a great one, and good for all the London teams fans. We don't know anything about it. Lets not start questioning Lansdown's business decisions. So far he ain't done too badly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Whatever you think of kelvin mckenzie, what he says I think is true. London does deserve it's own sports radio station. Kelvin mckenzie might not even host any of the shows. The idea is a great one, and good for all the London teams fans. We don't know anything about it. Lets not start questioning Lansdown's business decisions. So far he ain't done too badly. 

Oh, I don’t disagree with any of that, just the name of our football club being associated with Mackenzie sickens me.

I can ignore his personality and his politics, no skin off my nose, but as a football fan who lived in Liverpool for years I cannot see past the obvious I’m afraid. 

Might just be me of course!

 

Edited by RumRed
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Oh, I don’t disagree with any of that, just the name of our football club being associated with Mackenzie sickens me.

I can ignore his personality and his politics, no skin off my nose, but as a football fan who lived in Liverpool for years I cannot see past the obvious I’m afraid. 

Might just be me of course!

 

No, it's certainly not just you. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Business is one of the greatest drivers of change in the world. Decisions shouldn't be made JUST because they're good for business. Other factors matter too including the impact on workers, the environment and society at large.

Lansdown has done an enormous amount for bcfc and for Bristol as a whole and I'm grateful. But it certainly doesn't mean I'll support every last thing he does! Kelvin McKenzie is an odious man and a poor choice of partner.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hillsborough Denier. Let's start with that.

Not bothered where SL sticks his cash that's his business. Oh until the Panama Papers :whistle:

Just the fact our Club features in an article/business linking the two together sickens me. A very poor investment for any football fan to make

#Justice4the96

the truth.jpeg

Edited by RaspberryRed
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

I think Steve has got his timing spot on here - it just would not have been on to get involved, or "back," a **** like Kelvin Mackenzie during a season like last season (well, the record-breaking bit).

Steve does know Mackenzie was editor of The Sun in April 1989, does he?

 

I would imagine so but then again didn’t we have ‘The Sun’ advertising the pies or something only a year or so ago, so who knows?

I think the people at the top of football either have little idea about the history of the game, and its supporters or don’t think we’ll remember/care.

We will always remember and will always call people out, be it the match commander, the press, those that helped in the cover up and even up to the PM at the time.  

The football family has always been about more than your own club.

I find it a sad reflection on the modern game that obvious supporters are putting ‘good business’ as a validation on this thread.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RedDave said:

Honestly dont care.  I work in an industry with some horrid people but still deal with them and we mutually profit from those dealings

That's because you have to or you'll be sacked!! :rolleyes:

Bit different to choose to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I would imagine so but then again didn’t we have ‘The Sun’ advertising the pies or something only a year or so ago, so who knows?

I think the people at the top of football either have little idea about the history of the game, and its supporters or don’t think we’ll remember/care.

We will always remember and will always call people out, be it the match commander, the press, those that helped in the cover up and even up to the PM at the time.  

The football family has always been about more than your own club.

I find it a sad reflection on the modern game that obvious supporters are putting ‘good business’ as a validation on this thread.

:clap:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fiale said:

We all telling SL how to spend his money again ?

Nope we’re suggesting that as custodian of our football club perhaps Kelvin Mackenzie is not the sort of ‘football’ person you’d want to be associated with.

He can do what the hell he wants with his money, his choice.

Think of it slightly like suggesting to a kid at the cup game that spending his pocket money on a half and half scarf might not be something he looks back on with pride in future years.

Edited by RumRed
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all telling SL how to spend his money again ? Nope maybe there are people who think its good City will get associated with a man who is held in disgust by decent football fans.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

We all telling SL how to spend his money again ? Nope maybe there are people who think its good City will get associated with a man who is held in disgust by decent football fans.

They’re either too young or dazzled by the bright lights of 3rd in Division 2 to give a shit anymore is my guess.

How anyone can defend this is beyond me, I thought we wanted safe standing?

 

Edited by RumRed
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RumRed said:

They’re either too young or dazzled by the bright lights of 3rd in Division 2 to give a shit anymore is my guess.

How anyone can defend this is beyond me, I thought we wanted safe standing?

 

What happened to the whole safe standing thing? Thought we were at the forefront but I've not heard anything from the club about it in years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ZiderEyed said:

What happened to the whole safe standing thing? Thought we were at the forefront but I've not heard anything from the club about it in years.

I was proud of the club’s approach to that, we seemed to be really proactive.  No idea what happened, may have just realised that it was never going to happen after those making the decisions were old enough to believe the lies spread by The Sun....

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RumRed said:

I was proud of the club’s approach to that, we seemed to be really proactive.  No idea what happened, may have just realised that it was never going to happen after those making the decisions were old enough to believe the lies spread by The Sun....

 

Seems like the damage done by those lies is starting to subside, sure the main Liverpool supporters group came out in support of safe standing.

Can you imagine how good it would look for Bristol City to be at the forefront of this, which will inevitably happen at some point? Makes sense for us and from a business sense, no brainer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Seems like the damage done by those lies is starting to subside, sure the main Liverpool supporters group came out in support of safe standing.

Can you imagine how good it would look for Bristol City to be at the forefront of this, which will inevitably happen at some point? Makes sense for us and from a business sense, no brainer.

The damage is subsiding.... and then, according to that report, which I hope really isn’t true, our owner is going into business with the man that edited The Sun at the time and defended his ‘false’ position for over 2 decades.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Seems like the damage done by those lies is starting to subside, sure the main Liverpool supporters group came out in support of safe standing.

Can you imagine how good it would look for Bristol City to be at the forefront of this, which will inevitably happen at some point? Makes sense for us and from a business sense, no brainer.

You have read the report in the OP and know who Kelvin Mackenzie is?  Not a dig at all mate and I agree 100% with you!  Just realise some are a lot younger on here than me and are unaware of what type of bloke he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RumRed said:

You have read the report in the OP and know who Kelvin Mackenzie is?  Not a dig at all mate and I agree 100% with you!  Just realise some are a lot younger on here than me and are unaware of what type of bloke he is.

No I realise who he is, absolute ******* scum. I'd rather SL had nothing to do with him at all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure he had to deal with people who others would say are scum in his business decisions in the past. Mckenzie turned talk radio into talksport and sold it for 100 million and made it what it is today. The bloke obviously knows what he's doing.

  • Snake 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, RedDave said:

Honestly dont care.  I work in an industry with some horrid people but still deal with them and we mutually profit from those dealings

Prison Officer perhaps? ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I'm sure he had to deal with people who others would say are scum in his business decisions in the past. Mckenzie turned talk radio into talksport and sold it for 100 million and made it what it is today. The bloke obviously knows what he's doing.

Which makes his words and actions even more reprehensible. He is not unintelligent, or ignorant. He knew what he was doing, even on the eve of an enquiry into a disaster he continued with his game. This excuse of a man is beyond scum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Pharmaceuticals???

As in "drug dealer"?  That was my assumption.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

Which makes his words and actions even more reprehensible. He is not unintelligent, or ignorant. He knew what he was doing, even on the eve of an enquiry into a disaster he continued with his game. This excuse of a man is beyond scum.

I'm not defending mckenzie. But I am defending Lansdown. I trust Lansdown to be doing things for the right reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×