IGNORED

Lansdown backs new radio station .....

headhunter

• The title was changed to Lansdown backs new radio station .....

I think Steve has got his timing spot on here - it just would not have been on to get involved, or "back," a **** like Kelvin Mackenzie during a season like last season (well, the record-breaking bit).

Steve does know Mackenzie was editor of The Sun in April 1989, does he?

56 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I wonder if BCFC will be slipped into talk in a disproportionate fashion? I doubt it and probably rightly so since the station is going to be London based. Mind you, the article does not speak of content.

Disappointing to see Bristol City and Kelvin McKenzie who has been an awful individual and vile towards football fans in the same article.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Whatever you think of kelvin mckenzie, what he says I think is true. London does deserve it's own sports radio station. Kelvin mckenzie might not even host any of the shows. The idea is a great one, and good for all the London teams fans. We don't know anything about it. Lets not start questioning Lansdown's business decisions. So far he ain't done too badly. 

Oh, I don’t disagree with any of that, just the name of our football club being associated with Mackenzie sickens me.

I can ignore his personality and his politics, no skin off my nose, but as a football fan who lived in Liverpool for years I cannot see past the obvious I’m afraid. 

Might just be me of course!

36 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Oh, I don’t disagree with any of that, just the name of our football club being associated with Mackenzie sickens me.

I can ignore his personality and his politics, no skin off my nose, but as a football fan who lived in Liverpool for years I cannot see past the obvious I’m afraid. 

Might just be me of course!

No, it's certainly not just you. 

Business is one of the greatest drivers of change in the world. Decisions shouldn't be made JUST because they're good for business. Other factors matter too including the impact on workers, the environment and society at large.

Lansdown has done an enormous amount for bcfc and for Bristol as a whole and I'm grateful. But it certainly doesn't mean I'll support every last thing he does! Kelvin McKenzie is an odious man and a poor choice of partner.

9 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

I think Steve has got his timing spot on here - it just would not have been on to get involved, or "back," a **** like Kelvin Mackenzie during a season like last season (well, the record-breaking bit).

Steve does know Mackenzie was editor of The Sun in April 1989, does he?

I would imagine so but then again didn’t we have ‘The Sun’ advertising the pies or something only a year or so ago, so who knows?

I think the people at the top of football either have little idea about the history of the game, and its supporters or don’t think we’ll remember/care.

We will always remember and will always call people out, be it the match commander, the press, those that helped in the cover up and even up to the PM at the time.  

The football family has always been about more than your own club.

I find it a sad reflection on the modern game that obvious supporters are putting ‘good business’ as a validation on this thread.

Archived