IGNORED

Lansdown backs new radio station .....

headhunter

6 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I would imagine so but then again didn’t we have ‘The Sun’ advertising the pies or something only a year or so ago, so who knows?

I think the people at the top of football either have little idea about the history of the game, and its supporters or don’t think we’ll remember/care.

We will always remember and will always call people out, be it the match commander, the press, those that helped in the cover up and even up to the PM at the time.  

The football family has always been about more than your own club.

I find it a sad reflection on the modern game that obvious supporters are putting ‘good business’ as a validation on this thread.

:clap:

4 minutes ago, Fiale said:

We all telling SL how to spend his money again ?

Nope we’re suggesting that as custodian of our football club perhaps Kelvin Mackenzie is not the sort of ‘football’ person you’d want to be associated with.

He can do what the hell he wants with his money, his choice.

Think of it slightly like suggesting to a kid at the cup game that spending his pocket money on a half and half scarf might not be something he looks back on with pride in future years.

6 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

We all telling SL how to spend his money again ? Nope maybe there are people who think its good City will get associated with a man who is held in disgust by decent football fans.

They’re either too young or dazzled by the bright lights of 3rd in Division 2 to give a shit anymore is my guess.

How anyone can defend this is beyond me, I thought we wanted safe standing?

11 minutes ago, RumRed said:

They’re either too young or dazzled by the bright lights of 3rd in Division 2 to give a shit anymore is my guess.

How anyone can defend this is beyond me, I thought we wanted safe standing?

What happened to the whole safe standing thing? Thought we were at the forefront but I've not heard anything from the club about it in years.

Just now, ZiderEyed said:

What happened to the whole safe standing thing? Thought we were at the forefront but I've not heard anything from the club about it in years.

I was proud of the club’s approach to that, we seemed to be really proactive.  No idea what happened, may have just realised that it was never going to happen after those making the decisions were old enough to believe the lies spread by The Sun....

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

I was proud of the club’s approach to that, we seemed to be really proactive.  No idea what happened, may have just realised that it was never going to happen after those making the decisions were old enough to believe the lies spread by The Sun....

Seems like the damage done by those lies is starting to subside, sure the main Liverpool supporters group came out in support of safe standing.

Can you imagine how good it would look for Bristol City to be at the forefront of this, which will inevitably happen at some point? Makes sense for us and from a business sense, no brainer.

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Seems like the damage done by those lies is starting to subside, sure the main Liverpool supporters group came out in support of safe standing.

Can you imagine how good it would look for Bristol City to be at the forefront of this, which will inevitably happen at some point? Makes sense for us and from a business sense, no brainer.

The damage is subsiding.... and then, according to that report, which I hope really isn’t true, our owner is going into business with the man that edited The Sun at the time and defended his ‘false’ position for over 2 decades.

5 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

You have read the report in the OP and know who Kelvin Mackenzie is?  Not a dig at all mate and I agree 100% with you!  Just realise some are a lot younger on here than me and are unaware of what type of bloke he is.

5 minutes ago, RumRed said:

You have read the report in the OP and know who Kelvin Mackenzie is?  Not a dig at all mate and I agree 100% with you!  Just realise some are a lot younger on here than me and are unaware of what type of bloke he is.

No I realise who he is, absolute ******* scum. I'd rather SL had nothing to do with him at all.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I'm sure he had to deal with people who others would say are scum in his business decisions in the past. Mckenzie turned talk radio into talksport and sold it for 100 million and made it what it is today. The bloke obviously knows what he's doing.

Which makes his words and actions even more reprehensible. He is not unintelligent, or ignorant. He knew what he was doing, even on the eve of an enquiry into a disaster he continued with his game. This excuse of a man is beyond scum.

Archived