IGNORED

Family Club I Dont Think So

stroud

The club is a changing and has changed. I personally don’t like it when I get to my seat and the person behind has his feet on it, I find it a little rude , just as a kid sat behind me kicking my seat for the entire match , if it bothers me that much I say something . Kids stood on seats has happened since we went all seater. Should kids have to sit at the front ?

Bristol City has changed whether I like it or not . This is a terrible story and I wonder if the will come on here and explain . 

I feel it appropriate to offer a little context to this situation as I'm afraid that facts stated are not correct.

Whilst it would not be right to go into the details. I can assure anybody concerned with the post that myself and the Ashton Gate senior team had a lot of dialogue with the FSF and the SC&T on the issue.

There was also a meeting with the police and this person where an agreement was reached in a bid to get both back to football. I can assure you that this situation has had the full support of all listed involved.  Sadly the agreement was not adhered to.

I am not in a position to answer any further questions on this on a public platform.

Mark Kelly 

11 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

There used to be a lad that stood on a seat in front of me in the Williams Stand, there was no real problem for those around us as ultimately we could see the game

One passionate fixture, City scored and lots of people were leaping about, this lads seat flipped upright and he fell into it, trapping his leg and also bashing his face. I can fully empathise why the club don' wwant people stood on seats especially in the singing area as have seen YouTube videos of bodies falling down stairs following a goal, so believe it is really in your lads interests to be safe, especially with the claim culture nowadays. 

To me it's either stay seated or move to a quiter area where it's much safer 

I'm alright thanks. I'll take my chances with my own kids.

Does the club have a Disabled Supporters Association?  Mental health and physical impairments should be treated equally - both your own and your son's conditions would be classed as mental health.  You have told the club that your son will not stand on his seat again, so they should give you the opportunity to sit with the fans your son has built a rapport with. 

Could you not leave his seat folded up, and take a small plastic step for him to stand on?

6 minutes ago, Mkelly said:

I feel it appropriate to offer a little context to this situation as I'm afraid that facts stated are not correct.

Whilst it would not be right to go into the details. I can assure anybody concerned with the post that myself and the Ashton Gate senior team had a lot of dialogue with the FSF and the SC&T on the issue.

There was also a meeting with the police and this person where an agreement was reached in a bid to get both back to football. I can assure you that this situation has had the full support of all listed involved.  Sadly the agreement was not adhered to.

I am not in a position to answer any further questions on this on a public platform.

Mark Kelly 

I suspect you are in a position. You simply state you aren't. 

Can the OP confirm they are happy for the 'agreement' to be made public? Then there is no issue with making it public Mark. 

A lack of transparency will simply make things worse. 

Without hearing both sides this shows a lack of understanding and tolerance of disability on the clubs part. Not good enough, and if you're version of events is true, quite frankly it makes me ashamed to be a bcfc supporter. 

I hope the club buck their ideas up, have you thought of an online petition to get your sons seat back? I'm sure you would get lots ofsupport. Maybe mark kelly should be involved with this.

Edit, just seen marks response. 

Given that Mark has offered additional dialogue, would it not make sense to close this thread down until such a point there is something further to discuss?

Not to erode free speech, but we have a number of threads with anecdotal evidence that have cause outrage that might be better served with a two sides story?

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Given that Mark has offered additional dialogue, would it not make sense to close this thread down until such a point there is something further to discuss?

Not to erode free speech, but we have a number of threads with anecdotal evidence that have cause outrage that might be better served with a two sides story?

We are discussing it. There are good reasons I am sure that all the information can’t be shared publicly. From my point of view, the fact we’re discussing a what sounds like vulnerable minor means this place isn’t a suitable environment to discuss things, given we aren’t being given all the information for what I am sure are safeguarding issues.  

Disgraceful on so many levels , me and the boy have season tickets in the family stand he’s 4 and can’t see unless he sits on my lap or stands on the seat , if you want to swap season seats then no problem , think it’s about time the fans took it upon themselves to resolve issues as quite clearly the club are incapable..., and only make things worse with poor communication and woeful customer service training .. 

Hmm, why suddenly in the Stoke game was it suddenly decided this boy could no longer stand on a seat, a seat I assume he had been encouraged to stand on all season? I think there is more to this that only the club and the Dad & son know about. There is obviously dialogue going on, I’d say the club has been quite accommodating by having a 2 hour meeting. Obviously the OP didn’t like what he was told and has come on here to gain support. As I said there is more to this and because of said possible safeguarding issues is none of our business and the detail should not become public knowledge. 

1 hour ago, stroud said:

Hi spudski totally agree with your views and even though I have agreed with the club that he will no longer stand on the seats there still inforcing the rule that he sits at the front.

Not sure how old you are but can you remember sitting on the wall in the old enclosure can you imagine the club letting you do that now

I remember sitting on the wall in the East End. But Spudski is right; in those days if you fell off, or got hit with the ball, you'd accept that as a consequence of sitting there! Nowadays, someone would sue the club if that happened - not saying for a moment that you would, but there are some that would - and supported by the ambulance chasing lawyers that blight current day life. And like all institutions nowadays clubs have to base what they do on worst case scenarios, not least cos their insurers insist - so sitting on a wall would be right out of the question.

This sounds a bad situation, I hope it gets resolved in a more satisfactory situation than it currently sounds like.

Technically...if he falls and injuries himself, club would have to consider risk of litigation etc etc.

This section of the ground though is a standing area- I mean technically it is all seater but everyone stands in S82 don't they. Looking on from afar, and reading what I do on here- the stewarding in that area seems to lack sense, knowledge of football crowds and crucially an understanding of the fact that this area has a relaxed attitude to things. Or should do anyway!

2 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

Is this the incident where stewards had you in a headlock in the room at the top of the balcony, then magically lost any CCTV footage relating to it?

putting someone in a headlock is a very dangerous thing to do as we all know what can happen as a result of it. It should be made a criminal offence to do it. Health and safety group should realise this. No wonder the delete button was pushed on this

Archived