IGNORED

Danny Rose

alexukhc

2 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I thought he was bang average when in loan for us (albeit he was young and inexperienced but then so was Tammy) can’t believe how well he has done subsequently

Wasn’t at all interested when he was here, played him out of position didn’t we? Out of him and Caulker I would never have foreseen that Rose was going to be the player who would end up the better of the two. I was so wrong.

6 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Can't see Spurs touching Luke Shaw.  Too high price and too much baggage already. 

Possibly, but I'd be amazed if they got anywhere near what they payed. Plus I really think there is still a good player there somewhere, needs games and some confidence. I expect Jose to offload soon.

46 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I thought he was bang average when in loan for us (albeit he was young and inexperienced but then so was Tammy) can’t believe how well he has done subsequently

42 minutes ago, RedM said:

Wasn’t at all interested when he was here, played him out of position didn’t we? Out of him and Caulker I would never have foreseen that Rose was going to be the player who would end up the better of the two. I was so wrong.

Absolutely. Rose looked like he didn't want to be here (I thought he was played in his favoured left back role rather than out of position though) whereas Caulker worked hard and was a key player in the team.

Rose was definitely played on the left wing here, but he'd only played on the wing for Spurs up until that point (he scored from the right wing on his debut against Arsenal with a young Gareth Bale playing on the left and Assou-Ekoto at LB). It wasn't until he went back to Spurs later that season after his loan was ended with us that 'Arry decided to convert him to a LB:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/9475303.stm

Looked completely disinterested here and certainly didn't show any attributes to imply LB was going to be his future position. We'd have happily played him there that season as we were still relying on Macca who was in quite poor form at the start of the 2010-11 season.

Archived