IGNORED

I’m fine...I sit in the Dolman...

Silvio Dante

This seems to be cyclical. An issue which comes up periodically.

I remember a few years ago the persistent standing issue did rear its head. Then it seemed to disappear for 3-4 years and now...it's back.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2253642/Sunderland-issue-warning-sign-fans-persistent-standing.html

article-2253642-16AA0139000005DC-691_634

My view is that any standing is okay unless it blocks views. If it doesn't though...Back row for example in any stand- who could object to standing?

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This seems to be cyclical.

I remember a few years ago the persistent standing issue did rear its head. Then it seemed to disappear for 3-4 years and now it's back.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2253642/Sunderland-issue-warning-sign-fans-persistent-standing.html

article-2253642-16AA0139000005DC-691_634

My view is that any standing is okay unless it blocks views. If it doesn't though...Back row for example in any stand- who could object to standing?

If that's what they did for persistent standing  then what type of notification did Sunderland attach for the guy who had a crap in his seat? :shocking:

At the end of the day it’s an all seater stadium and if you’re ignorant enough to knowingly block someone’s view and thus prevent their enjoyment of the game then no sympathy with them being ejected. 

I’m in favour of designated standing areas and no killjoy, but if someone in front of me stood for 90 minutes then it wouldn’t take me long to be pretty pissed off. 

Also if the club are genuinely at risk of sanctions then you’d think the fans that ‘love the club’ would listen. 

Getting bored of the Dolman jokes now. (Not really, but using this as a vehicle to make a point). :whistle:

As long as you don't need to leave early there is an atmosphere when the game deserves it and I feel like everyone around that I know has watched City for years and really appreciates when we play well.

We do actually stand up too. Personally I'd stand up all game and am envious of my friends in S82 but am more happy to trade it for being around the same people who have been there for decades. The cliché about the "Dolman getting going" is a good one. On its day etc. Personally I love it.

7 hours ago, Olé said:

Getting bored of the Dolman jokes now. (Not really, but using this as a vehicle to make a point). :whistle:

As long as you don't need to leave early there is an atmosphere when the game deserves it and I feel like everyone around that I know has watched City for years and really appreciates when we play well.

We do actually stand up too. Personally I'd stand up all game and am envious of my friends in S82 but am more happy to trade it for being around the same people who have been there for decades. The cliché about the "Dolman getting going" is a good one. On its day etc. Personally I love it.

To be fair, I do actually sit in the Dolman and the title was intended to be self deprecating!

Given the choice, it’s undoubtedly where I’d sit. The view of the game and the ability you have to see the pattern of play is far superior to the behind the goal angles (not that they don’t have their place, and undoubtedly the atmosphere is consistently better).

You don’t get constant standing in part because the view is that much better and in part because the demographic is different - I wouldn’t want to stand and block the 70 year old gent behind me. Doesn’t make me, him, yourself or anyone who sits there any less passionate and it really can get going.

However I do try and leave (at a suitable break in play) during stoppage time to get my daughter out before the rush. I’m talking 93 minutes and ensuring I don’t move until the balls out of play. Nobody kill me...

2 hours ago, matalan12 said:

anyone notice this article was published in 2012? old news, plenty of persistent standers in the home end at stadium of light in October when we went there.

The point about The Stadium of Light- I posted that article.

The point about it I was looking to make is that this is an issue that arises periodically.

Archived