IGNORED

Manchester's FA Cup TV Streak is Over

Lrrr

For the first time in 12 years and 58 matches a Man Utd FA cup game will not be televised with tv channels choosing:

Friday 5th - Merseyside derby (BBC)

Saturday lunch - Fleetwood/Hereford vs Leicester (BBC)

Saturday evening - Norwich vs Chelsea  (BT)

Sunday - Shrewsbury vs West Ham (BBC) & Forest vs Arsenal (BT)

Monday - Brighton vs Palace (BT)

17 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

when you look at those fixtures there was no way they could be on..

I think it was them at home to Reading last year that really was the end for it..as people started moaning then 

Man Utd vs Derby/Norwich vs Chelsea/Forest vs Arsenal... same difference really. I'm more surprised Spurs vs Wimbledon wasn't selected. 

3 hours ago, hodge said:

For the first time in 12 years and 58 matches a Man Utd FA cup game will not be televised with tv channels choosing:

Friday 5th - Merseyside derby (BBC)

Saturday lunch - Fleetwood/Hereford vs Leicester (BBC)

Saturday evening - Norwich vs Chelsea  (BT)

Sunday - Shrewsbury vs West Ham (BBC) & Forest vs Arsenal (BT)

Monday - Brighton vs Palace (BT)

And people don't bother. Their style of football is boring.

4 hours ago, Northern Red said:

The bigger side being away from home means it's more likely to be picked. If Wimbledon were at home that one would have been nailed on.

Wimbledon were on a few years ago as well...think they hosted Liverpool IIRC?  Pretty sure recent exposure tends to count against all but the top 6 in the Prem.

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Wimbledon were on a few years ago as well...think they hosted Liverpool IIRC?  Pretty sure recent exposure tends to count against all but the top 6 in the Prem.

I think you are thinking about the ‘89 cup final..! 

Well I for one am disgusted. What do I pay my license fee for? Showing Manchester cup games on prime time television is a tradition going back many years and the BBC have just decided to throw it all out the window.

What will be next? Will Her Majesty`s Christmas address be shown on BBC4 at 2am on Boxing Day or worse still be cancelled in favour of the Mrs Brown`s Boys Christmas special? It`s a slippery slope I tell you.

I`ll be writing to my MP about this, as this cavalier attitude to great British institutions cannot be allowed to take hold - before we know where we are there will be anarchy!

Lord Reith will be turning in his grave.

:ph34r:

8 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Well I for one am disgusted. What do I pay my license fee for? Showing Manchester cup games on prime time television is a tradition going back many years and the BBC have just decided to throw it all out the window.

What will be next? Will Her Majesty`s Christmas address be shown on BBC4 at 2am on Boxing Day or worse still be cancelled in favour of the Mrs Brown`s Boys Christmas special? It`s a slippery slope I tell you.

I`ll be writing to my MP about this, as this cavalier attitude to great British institutions cannot be allowed to take hold - before we know where we are there will be anarchy!

Lord Reith will be turning in his grave.

:ph34r:

I thought he supported Arbroath? :whistle:

Archived