Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
BCFC J

Park Street Tomorrow Night

Recommended Posts

For those of us that can't make the game tomorrow and are going to town, where abouts are you going to watch it?

It's a shame the sports bar isn't open, and I don't know whether to chance going to Park Street and it being empty rather than going somewhere like The Masonic or The BS3. 

Where are some of you heading?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's barely anywhere on park street, the greenhouse is awful for watching live sport.

All stars would be your best option on park street.. but if your gunna watch it in town then the waterfront would be your best shout BSB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

There's barely anywhere on park street, the greenhouse is awful for watching live sport.

All stars would be your best option on park street.. but if your gunna watch it in town then the waterfront would be your best shout BSB.

Yeah All Stars was what I was thinking mate, BSB won't be full of City fans will it? I go in there often on a Friday and it's usually just people my age pre-drinking or whatever.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BCFC J said:

Yeah All Stars was what I was thinking mate, BSB won't be full of City fans will it? I go in there often on a Friday and it's usually just people my age pre-drinking or whatever.

Yeah fair shout mate. Will be a few City in BSB I'd imagine but the majority will be over Bedminster way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a group of 5 of us going to the Drawbridge. (Horn & trumpet) next to the hippodrome to watch it. 

More the merrier to meet up in there for a bit of atmosphere! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

Yeah fair shout mate. Will be a few City in BSB I'd imagine but the majority will be over Bedminster way. 

I thought Sky took them over decades ago? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walkabout showing it without commentary.  Molloys are showing it, the brew house on king st said they might depending on xmas parties.

Local team but nowhere local showing it properly.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rocky said:

Walkabout showing it without commentary.  Molloys are showing it, the brew house on king st said they might depending on xmas parties.

Local team but nowhere local showing it properly.

 

 

To be fair, a Friday night football match in a city centre pub just before Christmas is hardly likely to be a money spinner, especially when compared to Christmas parties and, regrettably, the risk of violence.

I am sure there will be plenty of non city centre pubs in South Bristol with adequate viewing facilities.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

There are a group of 5 of us going to the Drawbridge. (Horn & trumpet) next to the hippodrome to watch it. 

More the merrier to meet up in there for a bit of atmosphere! 

May well let you know mate.

Anyone know if the BS3 are showing it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BCFC J said:

May well let you know mate.

Anyone know if the BS3 are showing it?

They are bound to be. We are all just needing to be in town after the game anyway, so heading there for it, rather than moving after we’ve had a few ciders..! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

There are a group of 5 of us going to the Drawbridge. (Horn & trumpet) next to the hippodrome to watch it. 

More the merrier to meet up in there for a bit of atmosphere! 

Wasn’t the poor lad who passed away on the Cumberland Basin part of the bar team at the Drawbridge? If so, have a poignant pint in his honour....

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Volley in King Street is showing it... I made sure of that when I realised that our Christmas party was booked for their back room for this evening!  Think I may be disappearing from the party a couple of times tonight! (say, 2 50 minute periods of absence, perhaps!)

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Biggest mistake is that it’s not on at the Bristol Sport Sports Bar & Grill. Ideal game for a beamback. 

Be a bit tricky with the rugby lot playing though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johnshez said:

i,m pretty sure you won,t get to see it on in bsb been there before for friday game they don,t like showing local games incase of trouble

I don’t think I’ve ever been in BSB and not seen it kick off! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And rugby fans coming and going at half time and entry from the bar to the concourses? It was never going to happen and there would be no profit in it for the club if it did what with the extra ticket checking and whatnot.

Look at it another way. We`re at home one Saturday and the club decide to show Bath v Bristol in the Sports Bar. Would we be happy about that?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×