IGNORED

Mcindoe cleared of all wrong doing

pride of the west

15 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Well he certainly got dragged through the mud. He sounded adamant he was innocent on the radio a few weeks back. 

Exactly my thoughts. You can not rely on the reliable press anymore. Fake news all around. In my world McIndoe has always been a coming manager. I trust this will come through   

43 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Exactly my thoughts. You can not rely on the reliable press anymore. Fake news all around. In my world McIndoe has always been a coming manager. I trust this will come through   

Those who purchase certain newspapers and crave cheap headlines can blame themselves. They are fuelling the fire. 

Wouldn't say too much, but cleared of wrong doing is not really as it is.

The CPS decided there wasn't enough evidence to obtain a conviction so dropped the case. Lack of complaints, people willing to give evidence at a trial, no real clarity on figures involved, no contracts to prove dishonesty or that they had been duped or conned.

It still stands MM owes a lot of people a lot of money and a number of high profile sportsmen, how this money was obtained was on the proviso to make money, with outlandish expectations and promises, this money was not loans and so on. However a lack of evidence and complaints and proof, means the CPS can't proceed with any case.

That doesn't mean there has been no wrong doing, it just means there isn't enough evidence, or victims who will give evidence in court, and proof they were conned to seek a conviction.

13 minutes ago, palmerred said:

Wouldn't say too much, but cleared of wrong doing is not really as it is.

The CPS decided there wasn't enough evidence to obtain a conviction so dropped the case. Lack of complaints, people willing to give evidence at a trial, no real clarity on figures involved, no contracts to prove dishonesty or that they had been duped or conned.

It still stands MM owes a lot of people a lot of money and a number of high profile sportsmen, how this money was obtained was on the proviso to make money, with outlandish expectations and promises, this money was not loans and so on. However a lack of evidence and complaints and proof, means the CPS can't proceed with any case.

That doesn't mean there has been no wrong doing, it just means there isn't enough evidence, or victims who will give evidence in court, and proof they were conned to seek a conviction.

So he's innocent. 

Next. 

2 hours ago, DaveF said:

Are you going to apologise to Michael?

Mate the police did not have enough evidence to prove fraud, but always said this was a civil matter, save the apologies for after the civil case, because there will almost certainly be one and the level of proof is nothing like the police need to prove fraud.

A lot of people apologised to OJ.

2 minutes ago, Calculus said:

From what I've seen the sort of returns on investment talked about were astronomical. Anybody with half a brain would know that potential high gains come with high risks. Caveat emptor and all that.....

If it's a deal too good to be true then generally it is 

Lee Johnson lost 47K. Another ex player lost 5K but he wrote it off. He's not been named officially, so not my place to name him.

Sadly there can't really be a civil case as he went bankrupt, and everyone who was owed money was given a window of opportunity to pass on their losses to the official receiver. Obviously this meant they would be published as a creditor and most of the people didn't bother as they would never get their money back. His bankruptcy was a fraction of what was owed.

With him being bankrupt there is no real need to seek civil action.

I would be amazed if he ever manages or coaches in England. 

5 minutes ago, Calculus said:

From what I've seen the sort of returns on investment talked about were astronomical. Anybody with half a brain would know that potential high gains come with high risks. Caveat emptor and all that.....

Depends on how you are sold it, and the people vouching for it, and "documents" given which shows it was happening. 

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

So he's innocent. 

Next. 

No not at all.

That's like saying;

I rented a gun and shot you, I disposed of the gun, and managed to sort out alibis which distant me from the murder scene. The police despite knowing I murdered you, can't prove it, and witnesses refuse to give evidence which proves I done it, and therefore the CPS don't have enough to charge me for the offence.

In your mindset, I'm an innocent man !

1 hour ago, palmerred said:

No not at all.

That's like saying;

I rented a gun and shot you, I disposed of the gun, and managed to sort out alibis which distant me from the murder scene. The police despite knowing I murdered you, can't prove it, and witnesses refuse to give evidence which proves I done it, and therefore the CPS don't have enough to charge me for the offence.

In your mindset, I'm an innocent man !

Blimey, the blokes innocent, get over it.

6 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Blimey, the blokes innocent, get over it.

No. The CPS have decided that, for whatever reason, they do not consider they stand a 'better than average' chance of a successful prosecution.

He is innocent in as much as he has not been tried (in a Criminal Court) and found guilty, but I suspect he may be somewhat wary of getting too close to some of his former acquaintances.

There may yet be Civil Proceedings.

Archived