IGNORED

Will we lose Brownhill?

santibello

I don't think any of the squad who feel that they are part of the project will jump ship this January.

Those players are having the time of their lives and will want to stay until the end of the season and beyond ( if we go up ) .

Equally , if we don't do it this season there may be one or two who will look for a fresh challenge.

All my opinion, no inside information here.

21 minutes ago, santibello said:

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-newcastle-leeds-among-6-to-hover-as-bristol-city-bid-to-tie-down-star

Leicester, Bournemouth, Leeds, Newcastle and Derby all considering making a move. If its true, do we realistically have a chance of stopping that?

Leeds and Derby?

Are they really that much of a draw?

I get the others are all prem (even though Bournemouth are one season away from slipping back to div 3) but unless they are offering silly wages, I can't see the attraction in those 2 clubs.

7 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Leeds and Derby?

Are they really that much of a draw?

I get the others are all prem (even though Bournemouth are one season away from slipping back to div 3) but unless they are offering silly wages, I can't see the attraction in those 2 clubs.

Of course not, he wouldn't even consider it. Leeds aren't nowhere near as rich as we are either, neither have parachute payments.

I don’t think we will lose anyone in January that we do not want to be rid of. If we don’t go up we then we may have to rebuild a bit because Brownhill, Bryan and Flint will get big interest next summer. I would not begrudge them moves to a premier league club. 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I see his agent is doing his usual twice a year thing :rolleyes: 

wouldn't be much of an agent if he didn't, I can't imagine he's on a massive wedge at the moment, and frankly his performances deserve a pay rise, I fully expect a new 3 year deal to be announce by the end of the season

they would be mad to leave at the stage with how well we are doing, unless they go to a good prem team, we are getting all round publicity so it makes all our players look attractive. 

but going to another Championship team unless its for wages doesnt make sense. 

As some have said, no one will be leaving in January. Jan transfer window is where clubs are (probably) at their strongest in terms of negotiations. And Brownhill or Flint or whoever certainly won't be going to any Champ rivals. 

If we finish in the top 6, we may be able to keep hold of some of our stars. May...

One thing that will be happening is players like Joe, Bobby, Flint will be given substantial pay rises if/when contracts renewed. 

Remember, about 95% of transfer talk is garbage.

One thing is certain: we are now in a far better position to attract good players than we were a year ago.

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

wouldn't be much of an agent if he didn't, I can't imagine he's on a massive wedge at the moment, and frankly his performances deserve a pay rise, I fully expect a new 3 year deal to be announce by the end of the season

I know, but his is a particularly bad offender for the constant touting round to drum up this kind of ‘story’, it’s about time the role of the agent came under some serious scrutiny. 

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I know, but his is a particularly bad offender for the constant touting round to drum up this kind of ‘story’, it’s about time the role of the agent came under some serious scrutiny. 

he's only been here 18 months, this is the first time i remember his name being banded around,

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s definitley not, and I remember the PNE fans bemoaning his agents constant touting too. 

i bow to your knowledge mate, i don't recall it but I concede defeat there,  

still thats what his agent is paid to do, I think the only way brownhill leaves is if CoD leaves as they seem to have a massive bromance 

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

i bow to your knowledge mate, i don't recall it but I concede defeat there,  

still thats what his agent is paid to do, I think the only way brownhill leaves is if CoD leaves as they seem to have a massive bromance 

Typically I can’t find the comments I’m thinking of now!!

Yeah absolutely it’s just part of the game, but greedy agents just irritate me - IMO the whole agent ‘thing’ needs a shake up.  

2 hours ago, Chris said:

Well it's utter rubbish as we have an option to extend for another year.  Agent talk at best here.

Contracts mean nothing if an offer is big enough. We all know that. The question is, at what level (if any) would BCFC sell? Seemingly we would have sold Flint if Brum had offered enough.

25 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Contracts mean nothing if an offer is big enough. We all know that. The question is, at what level (if any) would BCFC sell? Seemingly we would have sold Flint if Brum had offered enough.

The amount we were willing to sell Flint for was between 5 and 10 mil. Clubs like Leicester and Newcastle could probably fork that kind of cash up easily with a very good wage offer as well, while still seeing it as a cheapish buy. 

Selling Brownhill for 10m as he could be worth 5 times that in a few years, but would the club be able to resist the temptation?

5 minutes ago, santibello said:

The amount we were willing to sell Flint for was between 5 and 10 mil. Clubs like Leicester and Newcastle could probably fork that kind of cash up easily with a very good wage offer as well, while still seeing it as a cheapish buy. 

Selling Brownhill for 10m as he could be worth 5 times that in a few years, but would the club be able to resist the temptation?

for 10 million, no chance, if some one offers that for any of our players then they will gone

7 minutes ago, santibello said:

Do you really think Brownhill is going to be one of the best midfielders in the world? He’s looking a very solid championship player but let’s get real. 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Do you really think Brownhill is going to be one of the best midfielders in the world? He’s looking a very solid championship player but let’s get real. 

to be fair mate, £50 million is last seasons 15 million in the prem, 

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I'm saying he could be, not saying he will, but he's improving fast and getting a LOT of first team experience, unlike a lot of world class young players.

11 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

to be fair mate, £50 million is last seasons 15 million in the prem, 

We haven’t seen a 25+ goal striker at this level move for 20m yet, Brownhill would have to literally be one of the best midfielders in the world to command that sort of fee.

Whilst I like him a lot, he’s realistically never going to be in that category! 

I honestly think its more a case of when will we sell Brownhill rather then will we. I don't think it will be January but I wouldn't be surprised if he left in the summer.

Top player that is still really young.

The truth is money talks. Even if we turned offers down there is every chance his head could be turned by bigger salaries and that brings disruptions along with it.

Of course all of this is hypothetical... and if we go up he will definitely stay!

22 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I believe we only have that one year extension option, from 30th June 2018, with Bobby Reid, Luke Steele and Marlon Pack - not Josh...I may be wrong...

the club has confirm he has it, Mark Ashton said so in an interview

Archived