IGNORED

The Sheffield United v Bristol City Match Day Thread 21

I think you have to give SU credit. They were the better team until the sending off, and even then they still tried to attack with numbers. They kept playing with 3 out wide and outnumbering us, and we really couldn’t handle it.

However, we made some great tackles, flinty put his face on the line and frankie made an outstanding save. We were pretty clinical in front of goal.

3 points, onwards and upwards!

• Like 4

In the cold light of day, let’s be fair. We weren’t great, and the sky pundits were right - up until the red, we were heading for a defeat.

What encourages me is Lee didn’t dress that up, he saw it, and his post match called it bang on.

What else encourages me, in spite of doubting it at the time, is that the throwing on of Taylor and Leko showed we wanted to win the game. After Korey went off, the easy move was Mags on and Joey into mid so kudos to Lee for going for it.

Wilder, again, though, how can he slate the ref? It’s a red, undoubted. The “high foot” on flints goal isn’t - there is a duck from the SU player (nobody appealed) and after that I’m hard pushed to think of anything contentious. Yes, you were better until the red, but FFS man, have some decorum...

• Like 7

Flint had to score the ******* winner just as I was feeding my boy (edit - with a bottle! These saggy monsters are no good for anyone)

Had to hold pose and scream at my wife to come in to the front room and take him so I could go (very delayed) apeshit.

About 2 minutes from goal to celebration. Hands down my weirdest City goal

Edited by Son Of Nob
  • Haha 2
13 minutes ago, Son Of Nob said:

Flint had to score the ******* winner just as I was feeding my boy.

Had to hold pose and scream at my wife to come in to the front room and take him so I could go (very delayed) apeshit.

About 2 minutes from goal to celebration. Hands down my weirdest City goal

My 8 month old nephew got the shock of his life when the winner went in, had just drifted off to sleep when he was woken by his Dad, Uncle and Grandad going mad!

• Like 1

Let's face it, hitting the bar etc etc or no   we stuck in there, got it right in the latter stages and that asault on Korey alone deserved them to lose the game. Really nasty "tackle" and all because they were getting niggly about Milan winning some balls up front. Sheff U are wankahs always have been..

PS loved the manager's interview awwwwwww high boot by Josh    wot a knob