IGNORED

Sheffield United.

EmersonsRed

32 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Couldn't believe how easily they got crosses in against us. They seem really good at getting two v one out wide and were beating us at will in that respect. until the sending off.

Would expect them to be in the mix. if they keep playing like that.

What they lack is a Flint & Baker, good side going forward but concede too many goals. 2 against us, 3 v Millwall and 5 against Fulham. Good to watch but won’t stay in top 6 

"Horrible club. Tinpot to the core. All the media hype around them makes this even better. Media lap them up for no real reason. Haven’t really done anything of note in football….probably in their history. Ground is old as hell and never full.

Hard to take this seriously when A) Ashton Gate is a lopsided shitheap that has had be virtually rebuilt from scratch and B) The only notable thing ever to come from that neck of the woods was Fred West, and Gloucester can take credit for that.

Wurzel *****."

Just seen this on the SUFC thread.  WTF!!

It gets better, they are not bitter

"Horrible club. Tinpot to the core. All the media hype around them makes this even better. Media lap them up for no real reason. Haven’t really done anything of note in football….probably in their history. Ground is old as hell and never full.

Hard to take this seriously when A) Ashton Gate is a lopsided shitheap that has had be virtually rebuilt from scratch and B) The only notable thing ever to come from that neck of the woods was Fred West, and Gloucester can take credit for that.

Wurzel *****."

1 minute ago, South stander said:

It gets better, they are not bitter

Wurzel *****."

Haha that is quite funny. Shame the gas got him on their flags before we could!!!

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They averaged 22k at home last season in league one, in a two team city that is smaller than Bristol...they’ve been to the FA Cup Final six times, winning it on four occasions...they’ve been champions of all four divisions in England...they’ve been runners up nine times in the four divisions...hardly ‘tinpot’....

Sorry but Sheffield is bigger than Bristol  by about 100,000

Sheff U have always been a dirty club. Warnock’s spirit is still very much in vogue up there. Horrible club, horrible fans, sore losers.  I see them as a more successful Rovers. There’s simply nothing to admire about the club as a whole. 

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Sheff U have always been a dirty club. Warnock’s spirit is still very much in vogue up there. Horrible club, horrible fans, sore losers.  I see them as a more successful Rovers. There’s simply nothing to admire about the club as a whole. 

A little bit harsh to put it mildly. We won, we don't have to get nasty.

8 hours ago, BoneyardTIM said:

Well not according to this it isn’t...https://thegeographist.wordpress.com/2016/04/07/largest-cities-uk-population/

There’s probably lots of sources out there with differing figures, but either way, 22k as an average crowd in league one in a two club City was still impressive by the Blades...

8 hours ago, BoneyardTIM said:

Bristols boundary is one if the most out dated tools used, a bit like the city of London boundary and bears no relation to the unitary population.

Sheffield is no where near as big, so fair play to their loyal fans for that kind of attendance in div 3.

8 hours ago, Harry said:

Sheff U have always been a dirty club. Warnock’s spirit is still very much in vogue up there. 

Exactly what I was going to write. Always expect to be roughed up by them a bit too much, Colin has tainted them. Always overshadowed by the their neighbours, probably not factually true but I see Wednesday as playing the better football, etc etc. Sheff Utd always seem a bit grubby to me, probably the Colin thing.

Living in Sheffield, I've always disliked the attitude of Utd fans (not all of them, I have some really good mates who are Blades). They had an attitude whilst in L1 I'd having a god-given right to promotion, then I heard so many of them last May telling me how they were going to go straight up because they had momentum and the Championship was full of poor teams. It'd really piss me off if they were right

But they were great last night, beat us at our own game. I do think part of their early dominance was because City were a bit off colour- certain players had 'mares, the passing game just didn't click, but really they were excellent. 

HOWEVER, they were also cynically aggressive in the way they challenged for the ball; playing the man instead of the ball whenever they got a chance. So when Fleck got sent off for an absolute horror tackle, it was of their own making really. Korey was excellent so I'm not convinced that tackle wasn't very much intentional. The fans then showed their true colours by booing Korey because he was injured. 

So while I'll hold my hands up and say we robbed them after playing pretty poorly, I couldn't care one bit!

21 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

HOWEVER, they were also cynically aggressive in the way they challenged for the ball; playing the man instead of the ball whenever they got a chance. So when Fleck got sent off for an absolute horror tackle, it was of their own making really. Korey was excellent so I'm not convinced that tackle wasn't very much intentional.

Spot on , both of our goals owe thanks to the Ref playing advantage after nasty cynical tackles. 
If they didn't have a man sent off I don't think we would have won, at the very least we would have been up against it. The one on Bobby looked almost as bad as the Korey , I think he gets away with it (Bobby that is) because his weight isn't on that leg like KS was.
They got what they deserved from that assault.

Chris wilder should DEFINITELY be charged for the comments he made about the referee last night.

There seems to be a bit of a growing trend among some who think it is OK to suggest that referees should miss the next round of games, for one reason or another.

This man overstepped the line in his interview last night. The referee had a fine game, got nothing major wrong and got the two advantages and the red card right.

Grow some and CHARGE Wilder  now!

9 hours ago, Harry said:

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Exactly what I was going to write. Always expect to be roughed up by them a bit too much, Colin has tainted them. Always overshadowed by the their neighbours, probably not factually true but I see Wednesday as playing the better football, etc etc. Sheff Utd always seem a bit grubby to me, probably the Colin thing.

I really don’t get the negativity/hatred for Neil Warnock on here....people are still attributing Sheff Utd’s current style of play to Neil even though he left them over 10 years ago?!!!

His media persona has fooled people for years and he knows what it takes to be successful, that’s all. He knows none of his teams could ever have played like the 1970 Brazil side so he played to his strengths and has worked miracles. 

Oh well, doubt he cares what a lot of people think, he’s well on the way to his 8th promotion as a manager...the most ever by a manager if he achieves it...

Archived