IGNORED

To the United fans

Luxo Jr.

A little slice of karma. 

After complaining about every hard tackle from City, you boo an opposition player who was clearly badly injured by a terrible tackle.

Now fair enough, you may not agree with the decision, but surely after he hobbles off with the assistance of two physios and gets substituted, you could maybe stop shouting "cheat" at him. And maybe not boo him after the final whistle as he's limping badly down the tunnel.

Haven't been so happy to inflict defeat on a team in a long time. Both of our goals came after the referee let play continue following bad challenges from your players too. 

You played well, but you met a resilient team with leaders and playmakers. Unluckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

6 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

I honestly don't think they've done anything wrong. In their position many of us would have done the same - just part of the panto of watching of football. 

In the heat of the game, I agree.

But if I could clearly see there is an injury then I wouldn't noo the guy after.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

In fairness its never easy at a game to see how bad a tackle is. Watching on tv didnt look to bad a tackle obviously seeing it again it was a bad one.

Regardless, if a player can't walk off the pitch by himself, I never label him a cheat. Especially after the game's finished.

8 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

I honestly don't think they've done anything wrong. In their position many of us would have done the same - just part of the panto of watching of football. 

If he showed any sign of cheating, maybe. If he did the classic "pretend to limp then sprint back on the pitch", maybe. But he had two physios basically carrying him. And after the game, inexcusable.

5 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Regardless, if a player can't walk off the pitch by himself, I never label him a cheat. Especially after the game's finished.

Totally agree, the ones that pxxs me off are the players who feign injury, get the opponent booked, then 30 seconds later are doing a decent impression of Usain Bolt!

2 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

While we're at it, can someone explain to them that hitting the woodwork is not unlucky, it is missing the target.

It's fine, they can have an equaliser and will take the win against Burton and Millwall.......if that's how football works???

3 hours ago, CityFarAndWide said:

I know you gave the link, but for those who can't/don't have access.

Only thing that would have made tonight worth it was if John Fleck snapped that little c*nts legs in half and he could never play again

Wow. I mean, how can he even think this, let alone write it.

17 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Only thing that would have made tonight worth it was if John Fleck snapped that little c*nts legs in half and he could never play again

That is in rather poor taste.

It is in fact inciting to gbh. He should be thankful he is not living in somewhere like Russia where summary justice would be meaked out after the authorities have tracked him down. Some people really do not deserve a freedom of speech democracy.

23 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

Sheff Utd fans are as bad as Swindon fans. Jumped up bad losers with a severe attitude problem. The sending off changed the game, so maybe fleck when he returns around Boxing Day will remember that before he tries a leg breaker like that again. 

I'm not sure he was sent off for violent conduct, so perhaps just a one match ban.

56 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

That is in rather poor taste.

It is in fact inciting to gbh. He should be thankful he is not living in somewhere like Russia where summary justice would be meaked out after the authorities have tracked him down. Some people really do not deserve a freedom of speech democracy.

He has since made his profile private :fear:

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

This is the sort of mindless nastiness that gives football fans a bad name

In my opinion their club should take action and impose a ban

This is 100% unacceptable, and why have their moderators not removed it immediately?

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Surprised by the response on the Sheffield United Forum. There's a few sensible ones on there, but more idiots than the average forum it would seem. They generally seem to agree that Smith was putting it on. Why on earth would he go off if he was fine? If he was faking it then surely he would have been OK to continue. 

I get the feeling there are a lot of immature idiots on there who are so pissed off that Sheffield Utd were sucker punched in the last minute that they`re just angry about everything at the moment.

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

To be fair reading their forums most agree it was a straight red. They also think they played the better football but that Fleck through it away for them. Cannot really disagree with that.

Yep, would agree that we were fairly poor last night, and they were the better team. But we were the ones who took our chances, and as we all know, that is all that counts at the end of the day. The build up play for our first was also very quick and neat, similar to what we did for most of the game against boro, just not as much last night. 

Archived