IGNORED

palmerred

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I'd be interested to know if Steve Lansdown would still be willing to listen to offers of £5m for Flint in January, as he was willing to do in the summer...probably not I suspect.

He's as good as priceless to us at the moment.

I don't think he was interested in £5m in the summer to be honest. If you heard the interview it was very much "he is not for sale". Twentyman eventually weaned a £5m starting point out of him but it wasn't very convincing. It was clear he wasn't for sale at the time and, needless to say, still isn't for sale. 

Just hope that we have players coming up through the ranks that can replace them if needed - let's be honest, they have all benefited from prolonged first team action and all have been heavily criticised at times in the past as not being good enough (Pato/Brownhill maybe not so heavily). Just hope we all give the new crop a bit more time and understanding now we can see where the club is going with their signings etc.

5 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

I don't think he was interested in £5m in the summer to be honest. If you heard the interview it was very much "he is not for sale". Twentyman eventually weaned a £5m starting point out of him but it wasn't very convincing. It was clear he wasn't for sale at the time and, needless to say, still isn't for sale. 

Oh, we were interested in selling him alright. He would've gone had it not been for the derisory offers received.

I heard the interview as well and not sure how naming a price live on radio can be translated as "he's not for sale". In the same interview Geoff asked him about Bryan and SL simply said "he's not for sale". 

Anyway, as I said, I'd hazard a guess that we value him at slightly more than £5m now. Double it for starters...

18 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I'd be interested to know if Steve Lansdown would still be willing to listen to offers of £5m for Flint in January, as he was willing to do in the summer...probably not I suspect.

He's as good as priceless to us at the moment.

No and doubt he'd entertain the thought of leaving himself. He must look at the table and laugh at Birmingham. He's been quality all season, Baker and Wright bring the best out of him

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Oh, we were interested in selling him alright. He would've gone had it not been for the derisory offers received.

I heard the interview as well and not sure how naming a price live on radio can be translated as "he's not for sale". In the same interview Geoff asked him about Bryan and SL simply said "he's not for sale". 

Anyway, as I said, I'd hazard a guess that we value him at slightly more than £5m now. Double it for starters...

We listened to the same interview. I came away with the clear conclusion that, happily, Aden would not be sold. Happily, he wasn't. Double it if you like, I think SL even made it clear that £10m was Flint's value in that interview so I imagine it would take more than that now. 

SL said in his points west interview back in August that he would take £10 million (I think it was) if it was offered. I wonder if he would take it now? He’s so pivotal to the dressing room as well as his efforts on the pitch. He must stay until the summer. 

If only Flint wasn't so bloody injury prone.

In the last three years I have lost count of how many games he hasn't started or been subbed off due to crap form or injury.

EDIT: scrub that . It is zero. Yes zero. So stick your cheque book up your arse. Aden is a red....

His goals have won us games against Cardiff, Reading and now SU plus he scored against Hull, Wolves and Bolton.

Flint is not only a talisman/goal scorer he's a damn fine defender and only the most deluded supporter would suggest his value lies south of £10 million at the present time and in the current price climate.

Is there any other defender in the Championship or L1 that can do what Flint can and does? I don't think so.

If we were to sell him for less than 10 million and to anything less than a premiership team I'll go and support the monkeys north of the river. (Obviously that's an idle threat as nothing could make me do anything of the sort... ******* monkeys).

I watched most of Shaun Taylor's career with BCFC and I loved his no nonsense approach to the game but I'd put Flinty above him.

Player of 'limited footballing ability' my a***.

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

They need to up the wage cap for Flint I think, he’s one of the longest standing first teamers, a match winner, club man, give him a deal to keep him at City for life!

He does two jobs, if not three on the pitch defends, attacks and leads, on that basis fully justified to pay 3x the wage cap. 

Flint is an icon of this club right now for me. From the Swindon comments, to the fact he can't stop scoring, to the cross for Paterson's goal last week, to the way he seems to be a leader in the dressing room, he's every inch one of my favourite City players ever.

I'll admit I was happy to see him go, but he's just so good. Daylight robbery, 300k.

Just for some perspective, I thought tonight he was shocking in the first half and often looked all at sea. 

Great winner, don’t get me wrong, I love Flinty as much as anyone, but he still has some major defensive deficiencies at times, and they were very evident in the first half tonight. 

25 minutes ago, Harry said:

Just for some perspective, I thought tonight he was shocking in the first half and often looked all at sea. 

Great winner, don’t get me wrong, I love Flinty as much as anyone, but he still has some major defensive deficiencies at times, and they were very evident in the first half tonight. 

Only once he made the mistake of hesitating to challenge for the ball in the air, it ended up bouncing past him and left us wide open. 

Apart from that, he didn’t put a foot wrong.

34 minutes ago, Harry said:

I agree to a point mate. A couple of times he got dragged out of position and, more surprisingly a couple of times got ahead of the ball going for headers. 

But despite that, his strength of character again came to the fore.

Not his best display, but could be one of his most important contributions. 

Archived