IGNORED

palmerred

42 minutes ago, Harry said:

Just for some perspective, I thought tonight he was shocking in the first half and often looked all at sea. 

Great winner, don’t get me wrong, I love Flinty as much as anyone, but he still has some major defensive deficiencies at times, and they were very evident in the first half tonight. 

@BobBobSuperBob how pathetic and predictable of Harry to say this. Absolute agenda against Flint right? 

Harry, please keep your (correct) negative opinion away from the forum. It may hurt the feelings of the angry little man.

2 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

If only Flint wasn't so bloody injury prone.

In the last three years I have lost count of how many games he hasn't started or been subbed off due to crap form or injury.

EDIT: scrub that . It is zero. Yes zero. So stick your cheque book up your arse. Aden is a red....

I have thought the same thing on several occasions, but refrained from stating it so as to not tempt fate!

The pundits were right when they mentioned Flint had the composure and movement of a centre forward.  I can recall plenty of ridicule when suggesting that before when we short of goals upfront and okay for centre backs . I think Flint said he was after the number 7 shirt after his assist on the wing but I wouldn't go that far :-)  I hope we can keep him in January but there may be premier teams after him.   I think last season with the likes of Adam Mathews and Tomlin we didn't have that team spirit and unity.  Now we have that with both the coaching staff and the players and Flint is an essential part of it.  

I wonder who LJ would have picked from the three centre backs if Eros Pisano hadn't been injured.  Baker and Wright were forming a very solid partnership.  Wright is captain so it would have been a tough decision to put him on the bench in favour of a player who could easily have gone elsewhere if the required £5m price or close was offered.  Lucky for us and also for Flint that it wasn't.  

23 minutes ago, bcfcnick said:

I think last season with the likes of Adam Mathews and Tomlin we didn't have that team spirit and unity.  Now we have that with both the coaching staff and the players and Flint is an essential part of it.  

The phrase you were looking for was "big time Charlies". Neither Tomlin or Matthews are doing much this season (like last season really!) and we are well rid of them.

Flint on the other hand is the real deal. The fact that he came through non-league football seems to give him that desire to play & that he knows the alternative. Much like Jamie Vardy or Ian Wright before him. It does make you wonder how many other late developers there might be in non-league who missed the whole academy set-up but who could cut it at the highest level. They certainly have a passion & strength of character that you don't always see among those who have been "nurtured" through the academies, and who have either had their love of the game beaten out of them, or come out at18 full of attitude (and potentially too much money & free time) thinking the world owes them something.

5 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Wonder if SO'D would pay 300k for Flint now.

Doubt it, Aden's a bit long in the tooth for the Wolves development squad/academy, unless Sean's a dirty old S'OD and would pay that much for a 'man about the house' to do a bit of washing up, vacuuming  etc... wouldn't happen anyway cos we all know Flinty would say ''No! No! No!!'' to wearing a pinny  ...   ("unless it was for a great future 'goal gif' :) )

* hint hint .. :thumbsup: 

IMG_1463.jpg

The great thing with Flinty is that he is still adding to his game, getting better and better.

He's getting into forward positions, not by luck, but tactical nouse. The finishing is now up there with the best. His passing has improved off the scale. These long raking passes to the wings, not all work, but some are pinpoint. All this while his basic 'defender' game remains solid. 

And the best of all, mentally, he's a ****** winner, who leads by example.  Not a nutter,  calm, assured and disciplined in his game with an injury-free record.  

What is there not to like? All we want is a team full of Flintys. 

Credit to the coaching staff too. They've seen he has further potential and are working with him to exploit it to the full. Bravo. 

8 hours ago, Harry said:

Just for some perspective, I thought tonight he was shocking in the first half and often looked all at sea. 

Great winner, don’t get me wrong, I love Flinty as much as anyone, but he still has some major defensive deficiencies at times, and they were very evident in the first half tonight. 

But that needs to be put into the context of a shocking first half defensive display from the whole team. Our midfield was non-existent and the number of crosses that were allowed into the box was frankly, criminal. I think it's no secret that Flint will get exposed when teams attack with pace and fizz a lot of low balls into the box. But then a lot of centre halves would struggle with the onslaught Flint and Bakes had to put up with in that first half.

6 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Wonder if SO'D would pay 300k for Flint now.

He did.

1 hour ago, Dr Balls said:

The phrase you were looking for was "big time Charlies". Neither Tomlin or Matthews are doing much this season (like last season really!) and we are well rid of them.

Flint on the other hand is the real deal. The fact that he came through non-league football seems to give him that desire to play & that he knows the alternative. Much like Jamie Vardy or Ian Wright before him. It does make you wonder how many other late developers there might be in non-league who missed the whole academy set-up but who could cut it at the highest level. They certainly have a passion & strength of character that you don't always see among those who have been "nurtured" through the academies, and who have either had their love of the game beaten out of them, or come out at18 full of attitude (and potentially too much money & free time) thinking the world owes them something.

Add a couple of other notable examples in Vinnie Jones and Stuart Pearce.

12 hours ago, Collis1 said:

When are people going to start talking about Flint as an all time club legend? Must be pretty soon I recon.

Over half time pints, we'v questioned wade Elliott's inclusion on the 'ceiling of fame' in the south stand...

No disrespect to wade, but I feel flint has given far far more to our club 

12 hours ago, Snufflelufagus said:

I'll hold my hands up. when we had signed baker was happy to see him go. for me baker and Wright were a better cb pairing. but what flint now brings in defending and goals is unbelievable.  his chances to goal ratio must be the best in the league. 

I was a bit dissapointed in Baker last night, not his overall performance but he got caught out of position for their goal as he was pointing and barking instructions to someone.

13 hours ago, Harry said:

Curiously  I agree , it wasn't one of Flinty's best games but you can let him off the odd dip in performance.

Particularly if he scores the winning goal .

3 hours ago, Bernard Lerring said:

Over half time pints, we'v questioned wade Elliott's inclusion on the 'ceiling of fame' in the south stand...

No disrespect to wade, but I feel flint has given far far more to our club 

Wasn’t he our captain in our championship winning campaign? That’ll be why. 

Archived