IGNORED

Michael Brown and Sky pundits (merged)

daored

6 minutes ago, TRL said:

Not sure what he issue is. He has been pretty much spot on. They on the face of it should have won if they had kept 11 on the pitch and Reid did have a bad game. I think he called it spot on. But I will take that win every day. Happy days

Sheffield United battered us first half, no doubt about that. However, we rode our luck and scored a really good goal. 

The red card was an awful tackle, not too much of a mention of that. 

A team that goes up, has days like today and it’s a sign of a team that has back to the wall and nick a win. That’s where we’ve lacked credit tonight 

1 minute ago, bris red said:

Christ we get worked up dont we over what in reality was a fairly fortunate win for us! **** me lets just take the points be grateful and move on like.. 

I dont think its being worked up, i think most would agree we werent great but that the sky punditry is a tad insistent and persistent in making out the hard luck story for Sheff Utd. 

2 minutes ago, daored said:

Sheffield United battered us first half, no doubt about that. However, we rode our luck and scored a really good goal. 

The red card was an awful tackle, not too much of a mention of that. 

A team that goes up, has days like today and it’s a sign of a team that has back to the wall and nick a win. That’s where we’ve lacked credit tonight 

All they are missing is talking up our mental toughness. But they did mention it at half time to be fair.

1 minute ago, daored said:

Apologies missed that fella 

Shame they didn't follow up on it at full time.. But I I feel they intimated it. Not sure if people would have picked up on it while looking for plaudits where commentators were reporting on what was clearly on show 

11 minutes ago, Nbafc said:

What incident was that out of interest?

FA Cup 5th Round V Charlton 1994. City kick ball out of play for injured Charlton player. Minto refuses to throw the ball back to us and Charlton score from the resultant restart.  Never liked him since. 

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Brown and Keith Andrew could barely give any credit to City. How many times did they mention. United hitting the woodwork 4 times? 

Dear oh dear..........:facepalm:

They seem to think that they’v be hard done by. I think somebody needs to tell them you have to get the ball inside the woodwork for it to count and as for Fieldings save, that’s what he’s the for. 

13 minutes ago, TRL said:

You said it yourself. And he's not a supporter said it. So I don't know what the issue is with his comments

He said he was “awful”.....not just that he maybe hadn’t played that well. I ask you, do you think bobby was “awful”?

24 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Andrews isn’t much better.

lets not forget that ***t Minto and his unsporting actions 23 years ago. 

Scott (i'm not interested in English football, i'm Spanish me) Minto... til he's told to do one  then becomes the Sky Championship expert.

Very Sheff biased tonight, still who gives a shite. To win ugly at Shef U is a sweet, sweet win any time.

3 minutes ago, RED@BS14 said:

They seem to think that they’v be hard done by. I think somebody needs to tell them you have to get the ball inside the woodwork for it to count and as for Fieldings save, that’s what he’s the for. 

This is also true. But that's a different matter that a commentators opinion and an official from the opposition... fuckem!

Bobby (and in my opinion, the team) really were not awful tonight. United have a strong defensive structure, much like us, and with Eliasson being quiet/lightweight and Paterson not getting much joy on the left, we were stuck with trying to get through the middle, which was tough (although it did lead to our opening goal).

Both teams had chances. Sure, they hit the woodwork a couple of times BUT one came from a great Fielding save and another via a deflection off Flint. Sharp's one that cannoned off the bar was unlucky, though. Meanwhile, we had few chances and took two of them. We completely took advantage of the couple of times they switched off, while Baker and Wright both made game-winning challenges to stop huge chances.

Great match, in my opinion, and not one that we should worry too much about having little possession.

2 minutes ago, South stander said:

I think the problem is similar to Neville's comments about Gallagher, City don't have any decent ex players with any credibility to comment on current matches, what history have we had recently to get players to commentate on our matches?

In an alternate universe, it probably would be Lee Johnson. That or Wade.

I love how all the Sky "experts" said if Sheff U scored at 1-1  they would've won,  if not for the red card et etc

uh, how about Hull 2-0   and we win 2-3?

They don't have talk carp. Brown i can understand cos he is Shef U, Andrews isn't that complimentary a lot of the time...

Do we care?

9 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

He said he was “awful”.....not just that he maybe hadn’t played that well. I ask you, do you think bobby was “awful”?

Well as a centre forward he was miserable tonight. As a midfielder he was   average but assisted  I would have given him a below average ranking  but compared to previous performances if that is what we at marking him on then may be awful. If we are basing it against other players performances then below average would be my own rating. But... He still had the ability to influence the game.. which is the most important thing over people's individual ratings

I must be the only one who thought the coverage and pundits were fine, we all know Brown used to play for Sheffield Utd, so he’s bound to side their way.

As for hitting the woodwork 4 times, are people seriously saying that if WE had hit the woodwork 4 times and lost the game,  it wouldn’t have got mentioned ( more than 100 times!!!!) on here! 

15 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

FA Cup 5th Round V Charlton 1994. City kick ball out of play for injured Charlton player. Minto refuses to throw the ball back to us and Charlton score from the resultant restart.  Never liked him since. 

Cheers. Seem to recall tonight's opponents replaying a cup tie after losing due to that sort of thing!

Archived