IGNORED

Michael Brown and Sky pundits (merged)

daored

2 hours ago, Reddrive said:

Great away performance.  Ignore what the pundits say, it doesn't  matter. 

An excellent  3 points.

Precisely. Although it should be mentioned that the bloke Brown was either extremely bitter, for some odd reason, or he simply had boa constrictors around both legs; I mean the way he was opening his spandex clad legs to the TV camera I thought was nothing short of disgusting. Sack him immediately I say the ignorant fart.

47 minutes ago, hodge said:

Former City players who could be good pundits 

1. Wade Elliott 
  2. Jon Stead (I swear I've seen Sky Sports use him before, former player for both clubs today would have worked well but perhaps game tomorrow wasn't possible?)
  3. Paul Hartley
  4. Aaron Wilbraham (but same situation as Stead)

I was going off a list of players since our last time in the championship but how many others would people say? 

Elliott was awful the other night v Boro. Very boring. Wilbraham comes across as passionate but not smart enough for such a job. Steady would be better and Paul Hartley I could never understand anyway. 

I always thought these channels were sort of supposed to have one ex player or manager from each team out of etiquette. I didn't recognise either of them in a City shirt but I might be wrong. Before my time maybe!

8 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Precisely. Although it should be mentioned that the bloke Brown was either extremely bitter, for some odd reason, or he simply had boa constrictors around both legs; I mean the way he was opening his spandex clad legs to the TV camera I thought was nothing short of disgusting. Sack him immediately I say the ignorant fart.

Elliott was awful the other night v Boro. Very boring. Wilbraham comes across as passionate but not smart enough for such a job. Steady would be better and Paul Hartley I could never understand anyway. 

I always thought these channels were sort of supposed to have one ex player or manager from each team out of etiquette. I didn't recognise either of them in a City shirt but I might be wrong. Before my time maybe!

Fair enough on Elliott I was away last weekend so didn't get to listen to him. Neither of the guys tonight had City associations and it showed, as did Brown being a former Utd player. 

I just wanted to hate it as much as most of you but thought in general they were quite level headed. Said the red was red. Sheffield were good and we were on the ropes. Ok they may not have won even at 1-1 but it was looking ominous. Pre match they were very complimentary as well. Plus it was in Sheffield so they were going to have a pro Sheffield pundit. They said very little about the match tonight that wasn’t true

42 minutes ago, Big C said:

Claire Tomlinson on SSN has just said whilst reading the headlines that Sheff Utd Beat Bristol City tonight :facepalm:

Ignore her. She’s got way too much skin to be considered a proper human being. 

3 hours ago, Nbafc said:

What incident was that out of interest?

Just in case nobody mentions it later in this thread (and apologies if they do) in the FA cup game against Charlton he took a throw straight to a teammate rather than return the ball to City who had kicked it in to touch following an injury.

Charlton equalised, won the replay and then played away to Manchester United in the next leg.

Edited as Tomarse has already responded.

2 hours ago, Tomarse said:

FA Cup 5th Round V Charlton 1994. City kick ball out of play for injured Charlton player. Minto refuses to throw the ball back to us and Charlton score from the resultant restart.  Never liked him since. 

I was there in the Open End side of the Williams, but can't remember whether the injury was to a Charlton player or, as I seem to recall, to a City player.

Whatever, it was unsporting; caught City on the hop resulting in their equaliser and thus deprived us of a trip to Old Trafford in the next round.

2 hours ago, South stander said:

I think the problem is similar to Neville's comments about Gallagher, City don't have any decent ex players with any credibility to comment on current matches, what history have we had recently to get players to commentate on our matches?

I know he wasn't an ex-City player, but a job for Cotts perhaps?

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

He was on a week or two back. I can`t remember which game it was though (might have been a QPR one). He was in the SS studio a few times too when he`s been between jobs.

Was more a case I don't think he's done a city game since then LJ thing

11 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

We were generally pretty awful, but a great 3 points!

Oh! knob off!!! We might have been a bit fortunate with the woodwork, but to say we were awful is criminal, some games need to be like this, you know a bit of fight and show some character when perhaps you are not at your best.How did you really think a game like this would pan out, them level on points with us. on the back of a couple of defeats, a nasty bit of work as a manager, and a hostile Gas like support,  Oh! well we were awful ...(where have I heard 'awful' before from a City 'supporter'?):facepalm:

The sending off might not have changed the outcome. If the player didn’t tackle like that  we would of kept Smith on the pitch and he broke up a fair bit of their attacks. We were at that point attacking so we could of scored from that attack. 

Its easy to say in hindsight that something changed the game but the truth of the matter is no one knows what would of happened if Fleck never rushed in. 

Let's see on Monday whether our expert Mr. Andrews reckons Cardiff are gonna be stayers. He clearly doesn't think we'll have what it takes.

Remember Keith so expertly pointed out that Callum O'Dowda wasn't gonna be needed for Ireland's second leg Vs Denmark.  Ooops, Keithy boy

2 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

Oh! knob off!!! We might have been a bit fortunate with the woodwork, but to say we were awful is criminal, some games need to be like this, you know a bit of fight and show some character when perhaps you are not at your best.How did you really think a game like this would pan out, them level on points with us. on the back of a couple of defeats, a nasty bit of work as a manager, and a hostile Gas like support,  Oh! well we were awful ...(where have I heard 'awful' before from a City 'supporter'?):facepalm:

Nothing criminal about criticising a bad performance. Even LJ suggested we were pretty poor. A lot of misplaced passes, midfield completely overrun. We likely would've lost if they hadn't gone down to ten. We won though, and are clearly better than that, so it's all good.

18 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Nothing criminal about criticising a bad performance. Even LJ suggested we were pretty poor. A lot of misplaced passes, midfield completely overrun. We likely would've lost if they hadn't gone down to ten. We won though, and are clearly better than that, so it's all good.

There you go 'bad performance' etc like I said what did you expect from the match with so much at stake? Two very good goals from good play, and as far as I see most of the plaudits have praised our performance. We won't be allowed to 'boss' too many games, so we will have to dig deep at times, sign of a good team/spirit. 

Archived