IGNORED

The almost perfect away display

Robbored

From where we were this time last season to where we are now is truly remarkable. LJ as his backroom staff have done a fantastic job.

Tonights win makes 10 away games undefeated.

Add the current injury list and that just enhances the quality of the work they've all been doing.

If I were a Blades fan I'd be devastated at losing tonight...........:rofl2br:

Very dirty team probably the worst i've seen in awhile, the horror tackle summed it up, he deserves a 3 match ban for that one. Ugly style of play so not surprised they resort to thuggery when they are challenged. 

Having said that it was a very entertaining game, total commitment from both teams, Great advert for Championship football. 

20 minutes ago, Robbored said:

From where we were this time last season to where we are now is truly remarkable. LJ as his backroom staff have done a fantastic job.

Add the current injury list and that just enhances the quality of the work they've all been doing.

Almost perfect you're having a laugh.

We were battered and deserved nothing sorry but what a ridiculous post.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

A 'whoosh' for you Londoner....

What are you on about. How can you type and say it was "almost the perfect away performance"?!.  They hit the woodwork 4 times created space all the time and we couldn't string 2 passes together.

We scored 1 through a wonder strike and 1 because their full back fell asleep.

We were battered, we were rattled and we were pretty awful in possession.

You do not understand the game.

1 minute ago, Londoner said:

What are you on about. How can you type and say it was "almost the perfect away performance"?!.  They hit the woodwork 4 times created space all the time and we couldn't string 2 passes together.

That's another 'whoosh'' Londerer. Two in one thread............:dunno:

2 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Every once in a while you need your keeper and back four to get you the result and a slice of luck.

Thats what we got tonight. Where Sheffield we’re not unlucky was the stupid tackle by Fleck. He cost them the game, not our fault!!

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Every once in a while you need your keeper and back four to get you the result and a slice of luck.

Thats what we got tonight. Where Sheffield we’re not unlucky was the stupid tackle by Fleck. He cost them the game, not our fault!!

Couldn't agree more. Stupid tackle when they are dominating the game.

35 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It was like Brentford away. Battered but we dug in. We badly badly need January for signings and one or two back. Have to give credit to LJ and the team for keeping the lads up there. 

Almost perfect?

I'm pleased with the effort and the result, but with around 20 different occasions when we gave away possession completely unnecessarily, I think the performance was sloppy. Pack was the worst culprit. 

Well done to the lads but they caused themselves so many self inflicted problems tonight. 

34 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

Very dirty team probably the worst i've seen in awhile, the horror tackle summed it up, he deserves a 3 match ban for that one. Ugly style of play so not surprised they resort to thuggery when they are challenged. 

Having said that it was a very entertaining game, total commitment from both teams, Great advert for Championship football. 

A very overlooked and well made point. There is an absolute shocker on Bobby in the build up to Flinty's goal too. Good reffing, but yeah..  poor Shef U etc etc and in fact they are a bunch of thugs. Good luck, Korey BTW

21 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Almost perfect?

I'm pleased with the effort and the result, but with around 20 different occasions when we gave away possession completely unnecessarily, I think the performance was sloppy. Pack was the worst culprit. 

Well done to the lads but they caused themselves so many self inflicted problems tonight. 

CR - why do suppose I wrote 'almost' in the thread title?   

14 minutes ago, chinapig said:

We defended superbly but Flint was commendably honest when he said we didn't play as well as we could and weren't good enough on the ball.

The fact that we still won was another testament to this team's exceptional resilience.

Pretty much what LJ said post match. Very honest and candid as usual.

City certainly are resilient this season. That's a sign of good team unity and togetherness. 

Have to say Eliasson failed to take his big chance today. Was pretty anonymous and isn't really justifying his pre-signing hype so far.

Having said that COD took quite a few games to get into the groove. Maybe our injury list will mean he gets more chances in the near future. He needs to show a bit more confidence on the ball though.

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

We scored 2 they scored 1

Think it's you doesnt understand the game!

Almost perfect you're having a laugh.

We were battered and deserved nothing sorry but what a ridiculous post.

which makes it almost perfect, how many times have you thought we were the better team, wait long enough and karma happens just enjoy it.

sometimes that's what you have to do.

35 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Have to say Eliasson failed to take his big chance today. Was pretty anonymous and isn't really justifying his pre-signing hype so far.

Having said that COD took quite a few games to get into the groove. Maybe our injury list will mean he gets more chances in the near future. He needs to show a bit more confidence on the ball though.

I thought Eliasson was lucky to be subbed tonight. Was our only threat until that point, with a couple of decent crosses.

14 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

A lot of people saying we were lucky, but wasn't it the same at Sunderland and Hull to an extent? We come good at the end of these games and have what it takes to get over the line.

I think Sheffield United would've scored at least one more if they hadn't had a man sent off. They came out flying in the second half. Not sure we would've got over the line if it weren't for luck. Saying that, we've had our fair share of bad luck, so we're due some fortune!

7 minutes ago, Sparkz 76 said:

Whether we deserve too lose or not our back four was immense tonight apart from backing off Clarke for their goal we were a rock at the back with several goal saving tackles. We got 3 points and got the job done 

And a worldly from FF

Archived