IGNORED

Duric...

spudski

...not seen it mentioned on here, but Op booked for Dec 18 and out for 5 weeks.

I can't remember seeing a forward winning so many headers and directing them where he wants. He really is the deal and will be missed.

I can't help but think in bringing this op forward, that we have cover already agreed in the January window, or Diediou will be back sooner than expected.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

While his play is excellent for what he does I feel it also negatively impacts us as it often changes our style of play as a result of him being on the pitch. 

I think the issue there is that he often comes on at half time because he can't play 90 minutes. Often, we don't push as many players forward in the second half, so he doesn't have as many runners to support as he might do if he starts the game. Just a theory though.

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

While his play is excellent for what he does I feel it also negatively impacts us as it often changes our style of play as a result of him being on the pitch. 

I kind of agree with this. I also think Bobby doesn’t get close enough to him and more often than not when Milan is on, but not solely due to Milan, we play worse. It’ll come with time 

13 minutes ago, spudski said:

...not seen it mentioned on here, but Op booked for Dec 18 and out for 5 weeks.

I can't remember seeing a forward winning so many headers and directing them where he wants. He really is the deal and will be missed.

I can't help but think in bringing this op forward, that we have cover already agreed in the January window, or Diediou will be back sooner than expected.

I hope we have cover. I am not sure we have had such a game affecting attacker ever. He may not score many but his domination of a backline in the air,or via strength i dont think i have ever seen at AG before

13 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Garita on bench vs Man U?

Seeing as we are going to be without Diedhiou, Djuric, Woodrow, Pisano, Leko, O'Neil, Hegeler and now Korey, if he isn't he may as well leave now.

By my maths we have 14 senior players available at present for that game & 2 of them are goalkeepers..

8 minutes ago, hodge said:

Just don't agree with that at all.While he's not a ball playing CF his aerial ability and hold up play helps us to keep the ball higher up the pitch and tonight as soon as he won the first few headers they doubled up on him.Maybe not a first choice starter but a great option from the bench.

2 minutes ago, TRL said:

I hope we have cover. I am not sure we have had such a game affecting attacker ever. He may not score many but his domination of a backline in the air,or via strength i dont think i have ever seen at AG before

Kodjia for me was devastating and ran defences ragged - in between the offsides !!

Was a little worried about him tonight as he seemed really frustrated in his play and put himself and the team at risk with his play. Settled down after his booking but was not as effective after thst. Such a fine line with big guys like him ala Andy Carroll which seems so unfair during games. He is a very good asset for us though.

2 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Just don't agree with that at all.While he's not a ball playing CF his aerial ability and hold up play helps us to keep the ball higher up the pitch and tonight as soon as he won the first few headers they doubled up on him.Maybe not a first choice starter but a great option from the bench.

The point would be the Preston game, LJ commented that he felt the players saw Djuric upfront and felt like they had to lump it up to him being why he took him off after 45 minutes while losing. He is a great option but we can't allow him being on the pitch to dictate how we play. 

7 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

I think the issue there is that he often comes on at half time because he can't play 90 minutes. Often, we don't push as many players forward in the second half, so he doesn't have as many runners to support as he might do if he starts the game. Just a theory though.

As said above PNE game he started and we went route one straight away. 

2 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Kodjia for me was devastating and ran defences ragged - in between the offsides !!

Aye. Very different player of course. And not a team player as such which is the point I am trying to make.. kodja I'd have grouped in with the lita's Coles and Thorpe of this world all of who were quite selfish but could hit the back of the net. Milan is very different from that, and very different from any player we have had before.

Not to try and put a downer on him... I'd say he was a quality torpey

1 minute ago, hodge said:

The point would be the Preston game, LJ commented that he felt the players saw Djuric upfront and felt like they had to lump it up to him being why he took him off after 45 minutes while losing. He is a great option but we can't allow him being on the pitch to dictate how we play. 

As said above PNE game he started and we went route one straight away. 

That's either a pre planned way to play or the players decided to lump it.We were generally shocking against Preston but my view is that he leads the line well and is handy defensively .Like I said not a starter but a great option off the bench.

2 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

That's either a pre planned way to play or the players decided to lump it.We were generally shocking against Preston but my view is that he leads the line well and is handy defensively .Like I said not a starter but a great option off the bench.

LJ in his post match interview said there was no plan to play differently and he didn't know why the players were just lumping it to him, its why he brought Djuric off at half time to try and force us to play on the ground. I agree he's a great option off the bench, I just hope we're in a good position when Diedhiou's due back and he can hit the ground running. 

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Would love that.

Seriously mate, who else is there?

Fielding, Steele, Wright. Flint, Baker, Bryan, Magnússon, Vyner, Kelly, Brownhill. Pack, Paterson, Eliasson, Reid,Taylor. 

Bakinson presumably too but that is still only 16! Two of whom have never featured in the league..

If he isn't one of the other two subs I don't know who will be, Plavotic?Holden? Neither of them have squad numbers..

Archived