IGNORED

Poll - Flint or Taylor

alexukhc

Flint or Taylor  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What  a horrible question. Shaun Taylor was a hero of mine and I never thought I would ever see another warrior like him in a City shirt but I am now. I`ve voted Shaun for that reason and also that he was so instrumental in making Louis Carey into the player he became so two for the price of one just swings it for me.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

What  a horrible question. Shaun Taylor was a hero of mine and I never thought I would ever see another warrior like him in a City shirt but I am now. I`ve voted Shaun for that reason and also that he was so instrumental in making Louis Carey into the player he became so two for the price of one just swings it for me.

It is, both from that horrible team but both absolute heroes at the back,amazing

Both have been icons for us (Flint still is of course).

Taylor only came to us at the end of his career. When he first came Flint wasn’t anything like consistent enough, but he has matured and grown as a player. Currently he’s the best centre back in the Championship,  he’s young enough to improve further and star in the Premiership too.

Both will feature highly in the memory of City fans, but Flint is playing at a higher level.

Its always difficult to compare players from different eras but one has to remember the league standard at the time. By way of illustration John Galley was a legend and will always be remembered fondly, but John Atyeo was someone who was at different level.

Neville and Riley were legends from our time back in the ‘80s but they wouldn’t get into our team today. However for many they are still (rightly) regarded as legends.

To summarise, Shaun Taylor arrived as an experienced player and for us was a fabulous third tier centre back and leader who is regarded as a City legend. Aiden Flint arrived as an inexperienced centre back who has improved immeasurably and is only now approaching his peak. His goal scoring prowess and leadership qualities compensate for any defensive weaknesses.

Just enjoy Flint while we can - hopefully he will stay with us & lead us to the promised land, if not he will be a similar asset at another club, almost certainly in the Premiership.

Archived