IGNORED

"The game"s finished if you can't tackle like that anymore"

Port Said Red

Prize idiot - no respect for these old skool managers who cannot recognise tackles like that end careers.

Korey will be lucky if it is not a break - I was expecting to see his foot facing the wrong way.

If anything the FA should wait to see the injury extent and then decide if a longer ban is warranted - why should this piece of shit be back playing potentially quicker than the victim?

Err no. Players' careers are ended by tackles like that!

Used to happen in those halcyon days of the 60s & 70s but rightly now illegal & a straight red card.

What did they want to prove how bad it was? Korey's foot to be left dangling by a thread. It was a bone breaking assault and Fleck was rightly sent off.

That tackle was a flashback to days of Gerry Gow - perfectly acceptable back then but utterly unacceptable now and quite right to.

The Referees Association are sometimes criticised for having sanitised the game over time but red carding dreadful two footed tackles like that one is at least one improvement they've made.

Although Wider was trying to protect his player he was nonetheless talking out of his arse.

Taken from their forum and sund it up well. To be fair to them, most of them recognise it's a dirty challenge and a red card.

I do enjoy being a 'lucky team who don't deserve to be here. Our Welsh friends on CCMB were full of it last night.

27 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I do enjoy being a 'lucky team who don't deserve to be here. Our Welsh friends on CCMB were full of it last night.

I was having a nose on there last night a couple of hours after the final whistle, they really, really don't think much of us do they? Crying about long balls and being dirty, that from a team managed by that knob as well. 

46 minutes ago, Neo said:

Prize idiot - no respect for these old skool managers who cannot recognise tackles like that end careers.

Korey will be lucky if it is not a break - I was expecting to see his foot facing the wrong way.

If anything the FA should wait to see the injury extent and then decide if a longer ban is warranted - why should this piece of shit be back playing potentially quicker than the victim?

Yep . Bailey Wright 2 match ban . Sheffield United hatchet man 3 match ban. 

40 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I saw that comment in the match report on the BBC Football site.

The report also had a picture of the 'tackle' which was very clear.............

I can only assume that he hadn't seen a picture or a replay prior to his interview, otherwise.......

He also said the ref will be dropped from fixtures next week. Bitter *****.

8 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I was having a nose on there last night a couple of hours after the final whistle, they really, really don't think much of us do they? Crying about long balls and being dirty, that from a team managed by that knob as well. 

Oh the irony!

Hunting them down makes this season all the more enjoyable!

Roll on the 24th. 

22 minutes ago, bpexile said:

I suggest the game should be over for those that tackle like that.

No place in the game for that.

I am sorry i disagree. While it was a straight red card, i think he was going for the ball, but his passion meant he attempted the the tackle in an uncontrolled manner. In the heat of lightning fast and physical championship game he got carried away. I have not seen any comments from Fleck, but I would hope he apologises to Korey. The fans booing Korey at the end, and Wilders comments -utter cocks.

1 minute ago, hoxton casual said:

I am sorry i disagree. While it was a straight red card, i think he was going for the ball, but his passion meant he attempted the the tackle in an uncontrolled manner. In the heat of lightning fast and physical championship game he got carried away. I have not seen any comments from Fleck, but I would hope he apologises to Korey. The fans booing Korey at the end, and Wilders comments -utter cocks.

Don't apologise it's your opinion & you are entitled to it but I think we agree that there is no place for these tackles, intentional or not.

24 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yeah, our first goal summed us up perfectly........route 1 cloggers!!!!

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

Taken from their forum and sund it up well. To be fair to them, most of them recognise it's a dirty challenge and a red card.

I think this guy likes us ?.......................................................................

It's worth knowing a bit of the background over there. Rovers fans are by far the more knowledgeable and longer serving set of fans. They've been through much leaner times, but still turn out in big numbers home and away.

The Wurzels (lovingly named the 'Shit Heads' from the Rovers fans) are the more Sky TV loving, pseudo middle class types whereas the Gas Heads (as they're called by the Shit Heads') are the more down to earth, passionate and loyal type of fan.

Rovers have unfortunately been in the lower leagues for longer, but will absolutely dwarf the attendances of the Shit Heads when the roles are reversed. 

Which I'm certain will be in the next few seasons come to think of it... 

Don't forget that football ALWAYS goes in cycles thumbup.gif

25 minutes ago, BobbyC said:

I think this guy likes us ?.......................................................................

It's worth knowing a bit of the background over there. Rovers fans are by far the more knowledgeable and longer serving set of fans. They've been through much leaner times, but still turn out in big numbers home and away.

The Wurzels (lovingly named the 'Shit Heads' from the Rovers fans) are the more Sky TV loving, pseudo middle class types whereas the Gas Heads (as they're called by the Shit Heads') are the more down to earth, passionate and loyal type of fan.

Rovers have unfortunately been in the lower leagues for longer, but will absolutely dwarf the attendances of the Shit Heads when the roles are reversed. 

That's made me chuckle.

So what he is saying is that Rovers rely on fair weather fans who all but disappear unless they are knocking on the door of the prem?

Also nice of him to recognise south Bristol as the affluent area it always has been.

Should help the house prices.

My favourite comments on the Sheff Utd forum on Koreys injury was;

"The guy wasn't hurt they just made a show out of it he sat on the bench in no discomfort for the rest of the game,it gave them an opportunity to make a sub to go ahead against ten men.."

"another view would be that he collides with the player with his sliding foot. So not even a foul!:

6 minutes ago, 054123 said:

That's made me chuckle.

Do what he is saying is that Rovers really on fair weather fans who all but disappear unless they are knocking on the door of the prem?

Also nice of him to recognise south Bristol ad the affluent area it always has been.

Should help the house prices.

I think it's interesting how he highlights a working class/ middle class divide, much like how they feel about Wednesday. Also relates a lot to them being below Wednesday for a long time, so maybe he feels somewhat 'connected' to the gas and their struggles in being the smaller team in a big city. Just love it how we won with a last minute winner, reactions like his make it all worth it. :clapping:

20 minutes ago, BobbyC said:

Comedy gold.

22 minutes ago, BobbyC said:

Ha ha there’s no doubt R*vers have always been the bigger club.

That guy is a comedy genius :clap:

Archived