IGNORED

I don’t want January

Dastardly and Muttley

Absolutely hate the mid-season transfer window.

This team is flying and there’s no doubt there will be interest in many of our players, can we hold on to them?

I would love Lansdown to come out and slap a not for sale sign on all of our players. Can easily see bids coming in for Flint, Bryan, Brownhill, possibly even Paterson and Reid.

This could be a nerve wracking January! :pray:

I don't like transfer windows, but the alternative is to have no transfer window (like days of old).

Think about it logically: Flint, Brownhill etc would want to be playing for a team gunning for promotion....box ticked

Struggling Premier League teams would look toward Premier League experience. Box ticked (for us). We dont have any of them.

Better Premier League Teams will wait til Summer if they fancied taking a punt on potential. Box ticked (in January, for us)

Are we a good possibility for players in an average side that feel like they could do better? Box ticked.

January doesn't scare me, but a failed promotion bid may see some of our better players leave for big money in the Summer

We don't to sale, and I imagine SL / LJ have already said to the clubs players we will not be accepting bids until the end of the season so that players know in certain turns not to start touting themselves. With the way we are playing, and our position I think we will be pretty safe.

Just hope we can get some quality loans in to bolster the squad and get over the finish line. 

Think this is one , probably the only one , good consequence of our injury list

Cant see how we could possibly think of selling in Jan with the current casualty list

If we sold one they’d need replacing immediately (Flint aside possibly) besides the additional recruitment it already looks like is going to be needed , even loans

Cant see us considering selling anyone in January unless someone offered s ridiculous fee

:fingerscrossed:

3 hours ago, hodge said:

We won't sell in January and desperately need extra players.

I’m naively hoping that too.  

The advantage we have is that we are in the PO places, not on the periphery.  The players must think there is a chance of us going up, and bar a couple of exceptions, none of our players are household-names, so hopefully they’ll want to see this through.

Of course, they might all be money-grabbing gits and want to leave....but I don’t see it that way.

Our stance with Flint in the summer was brilliant. If a club matches our value or more then then the club will consider it . We have no need to sale our players. And other clubs know that. I’m personally looking forward to to a couple of signings in January. With our injuries at the moment. We need them 

Barring a truly ridiculous offer there is absolutely no way we will be selling anyone that we want to keep next month.

Should we fade away and not make the top six there may be some players that will be subject to offers in the summer and they may wish to take them, but that is not for now.

I am hoping that we are focusing on getting players in not out.

I cant imagine any players wanting to leave with whats on offer here right now.

Money aye, but never again will they be in a position to make history and become a legend/superstar at this club, no team in the world can offer this unique oppertunity we have and our team know it, that's why there is blood sweat and tears being donated. I've never ever seen a more determined and honest bunch of lads play the beautiful game in a long time, these types of squads are a true rarity 

10 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Barring a truly ridiculous offer there is absolutely no way we will be selling anyone that we want to keep next month.

Should we fade away and not make the top six there may be some players that will be subject to offers in the summer and they may wish to take them, but that is not for now.

I am hoping that we are focusing on getting players in not out.

Most teams in the Prem would take Flint and probably his partner too, and Bryan :laugh:, Christ, we are going to struggle to keep these lads if they keep putting in these type of performances.

And what about the gaffer? *sobs* 

Personally I can't wait.

Can't see any of our important squad players leaving and can't see SL wanting to cash in on any of our prized assets. On the other foot I can see him spending on a couple of useful much needed additions that I'm sure MA et al have a couple lined up

We're decimated by injuries for the 1st time in a few years and I'm sure LJ will want to address that

The force is strong amongst this group and can't see any wanting away in Jan, in fact I'd be stunned

Keep Calm & Carry on. COYR

Don't think we'll see players exit unless we get crazy money or its a club so big it would be unfair to stand in the player's way (don't think offers will be in either of these categories). 

I think its a good opportunity for us, we're in a solid position and may be able to add to our quality. What would be ideal is getting a creative mid in who has the effect Tomlin had when he came on loan. Whilst making sure he doesn't have they affect Tomlin had when he came in full time. Jan is an opportunity to get a player in to galvanize the squad and reinforce the momentum we already have. But it is also a risk of getting the wrong player in and upsetting the harmony/balance and team spirit we already have. 

What I don't understand is that we have 2 young full backs in the squad and Lee won't give them a game.  If they are not up to it, then why are they in the squad?

We could do with another holding midfielder and a big striker as well as cover for our fullbacks if the youngsters are not ready.

We have enough wingers and centre backs for the time being.

18 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

What I don't understand is that we have 2 young full backs in the squad and Lee won't give them a game.  If they are not up to it, then why are they in the squad?

It is so difficult to just do that. More at stake with every game. Go younger and the balance gets effected.

And they are in the squad , as top 3 in December was not really expected. It is much easier to blood young players when sitting mid table.

49 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

We could do with another holding midfielder and a big striker as well as cover for our fullbacks if the youngsters are not ready.

Not really sure how we can give the young full backs a go when you've got Wright and Bryan/Magners doing a job. I think if we got an injury during the match I sure LJ wouldnt be frightened of putting them on. 

Really hoping for attacking midfielder and a tough tackling midfielder is Smith is out for a while. 

Lets stop with this small time mentality of fearing we will lose players. We are on the up massively and if we are top 6 or dare i say it top 2 come January then the players have as good a chance as any of playing Prem football here. As others have said we should be looking strengthen and worry ourselves about that..

This might sound arrogant and/or ridiculous but - whilst I hope we don’t lose any players - we keep losing players to injury and getting results so - as long as we move quickly for replacements - I see no reason we cannot adjust.

In the summer we were all terrified of the consequences of not having Tammy. Reid stepped up. There is not a player in the squad I would want to lose but neither is there a single player we rely on and could not cope without. Plus the management and scouting team seem to be on the ball these days and I am confident we can get players in if we need to, especially with our league position.

Yes, January is an anxious time but I think we are far more likely to gain than lose from the transfer window...

On 09/12/2017 at 19:02, wendyredredrobin said:

Who would you drop from our top three side to accommodate these two youngsters ? 

My concern for the January window is that we bring in players who disturb the balance of the squad .

The players who lack that bit of extra quality are the very same players busting a gut to improve themselves and drive this club forward.

I'd prefer a limited but honest guy than a Mr William Bigbollocks who sees himself as the star man at the club . 

The recruitment team are tops but need to be wary of upsetting the apple cart .

On 09/12/2017 at 09:16, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I don't like transfer windows, but the alternative is to have no transfer window (like days of old).

Think about it logically: Flint, Brownhill etc would want to be playing for a team gunning for promotion....box ticked

Struggling Premier League teams would look toward Premier League experience. Box ticked (for us). We dont have any of them.

Better Premier League Teams will wait til Summer if they fancied taking a punt on potential. Box ticked (in January, for us)

Are we a good possibility for players in an average side that feel like they could do better? Box ticked.

January doesn't scare me, but a failed promotion bid may see some of our better players leave for big money in the Summer

great nerve calming stuff there mate :clapping:

48 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

My concern for the January window is that we bring in players who disturb the balance of the squad .

The players who lack that bit of extra quality are the very same players busting a gut to improve themselves and drive this club forward.

I'd prefer a limited but honest guy than a Mr William Bigbollocks who sees himself as the star man at the club . 

The recruitment team are tops but need to be wary of upsetting the apple cart .

My concern too major, but we struggle down the left when Joe is not 100% and our midfield looks ordinary when Korey is missing.  With the best will in the world Bailey is no right back and with Milan and Fam crocked, we dont have the height and strength up front.

Very pleased with how we've been doing though given these injuries.

Archived