IGNORED

Who was the chap dressed as a postbox?

exAtyeoMax

24 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Anyone else remember the Bristol Evening Post when it used to be good?

You'll probably remember Peter Post and The Pillar Box Club too... (the E Post kiddies page back in the day.)

Has Peter Post resurfaced? 

There can't be anyone left alive that remembers the EP when it was good!

38 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Anyone else remember the Bristol Evening Post when it used to be good?

You'll probably remember Peter Post and The Pillar Box Club too... (the E Post kiddies page back in the day.)

Has Peter Post resurfaced? 

Showing my age as I can remember Peter Post.

Can also remember the EP used to run a cartoon strip of Modesty Blaise I think it was - must be back in the 60s?

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

Showing my age as I can remember Peter Post.

Can also remember the EP used to run a cartoon strip of Modesty Blaise I think it was - must be back in the 60s?

How about Peter P's predecessor? ..... Uncle ?  ... erm, uncle.... somebody, can't recall right now.. 

Vaguely  remember Modesty B, very vague though... 

Getting old or what?? :laugh:.. 

4 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

How about Peter P's predecessor? ..... Uncle ?  ... erm, uncle.... somebody, can't recall right now.. 

What?

7 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

There was also a cartoon strip with some kind of office worker, I seem to remember. Was it 'Bristow'?

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

What?

Hmm, yeah see what you mean, .....

Meant to ask do you remember the Evening Post kids page before Peter Post took it on?... it used to be a kids 'club' page ran by an Uncle somebody .. I can't remember the name.

And can very vaguely remember the Modesty Blaise cartoon strip you mentioned.. but only just.

And yes.. Getting old and a bit senile  I reckon.

55 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Meant to ask do you remember the Evening Post kids page before Peter Post took it on?... it used to be a kids 'club' page ran by an Uncle somebody .. I can't remember the name.

And can very vaguely remember the Modesty Blaise cartoon strip you mentioned.. but only just.

Uncle Bob, I think.

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

I'm struggling to remember what I had for breakfast this morning , let alone what was pre Peter Post.

Feel like the old boy a policeman found crying sat in the gutter late one night.

"Whats the problem old man?" asked the copper.

" Im 80 years old" says the old man " and I recently married a 25 year old woman?" 

" Is she not a good wife" asked the policeman.

" Oh No. She's a fantastic wife. She looks after me and is a cordon bleu cook so I eat like a king"

" Is there a problem with your sex life then - doesn't she fancy you because of the age difference?" asks the copper.

" No problem there. She's insatiable and wants sex at least 4 times a day and in every position imaginable"

The policeman is baffled as to why the old boy is crying , so asks " are you finding it difficulty to satisfy her?"

" Ive no problem in that respect either, as she says I have the stamina of a 20 year old"

"Well" says the policeman, " Im completely baffled, as you seem to have the perfect wife, in  every way, so why on earth are you crying?"

" Im buggered if I can remember where I live!" 

Archived