IGNORED

Time to recall some loans ?

bengalcub

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Look at your last sentence in your previous post, do you seriously not understand how circumstances can change?

There is no way our current squad has enough quality (as you claim) and I fully expect that LJ knows that.

That is largely because our recent run of injuries has left the number he has chosen to work with until January as far too small.

I just find your incredibly simplistic views on things pretty baffling, to be honest.

Phew.........:facepalm:  

I'm trying to look at the current situation including the injury list from LJs perspective rather than my own personal view. .Like you and others I think the depleted squad looks very thin but  I'm expecting that LJ has the situation covered by having to utilise  the current squad as flexibility as possible.

i seriously doubt he'll recall any loanees for the reasons I mentioned earlier.

Defensively we are ok assuming we don't incur any more injuries. He has Vyner on stand by just in case.

Its crucially important to LJ that he can 'trust' the players to adopt his methods and he spent much of last season looking at who those players are. He'll be very reluctant to use players who he's not sure about. That said, he might just have to.

Is that clear enough for you Graham?

Whats happening with Taylor Moore?

Haven't heard a thing about him - he's still at Bury, yes?

Any info on progress, as he was certainly bought as 'one for the future' - which may be vital as I cannot see any way on earth that a huge offer for Aden Flint won't come in January.

We will need cover - we have Mags - but I can't see SL turning down 10,000,000 for Flint....

12 minutes ago, SX227 said:

Whats happening with Taylor Moore?

Haven't heard a thing about him - he's still at Bury, yes?

Any info on progress, as he was certainly bought as 'one for the future' - which may be vital as I cannot see any way on earth that a huge offer for Aden Flint won't come in January.

We will need cover - we have Mags - but I can't see SL turning down 10,000,000 for Flint....

On loan and a regular starter at Cheltenham this season.

6 hours ago, SX227 said:

Of course - Cheltenham

Bury was last season then?

Any updates from forum members who sometimes watch Cheltenham on how he is doing?

Thanks!

Not sure how he’s doing but he did get MOTM in yesterday’s game and what I have heard he’s been very reliable for them. 

13 hours ago, tinman85 said:

It needs to stop? He isn't good enough. Offers nothing. Fulham fans laughing at us taking him on loan. League two striker at best. Appreciate your opinion but the one signing of the summer who has been a flop. 

Remember when Swindon laughed at us for paying 300k for Flint?

On 09/12/2017 at 10:13, Red Right Hand said:

It looks that way. The ridiculous new loan rules help no-one, least of all the young players who would get a chance to step up in the circumstances we find ourselves in if we could recall them.

A totally ill thought out set of regulations dreamt up by people who have no understanding of the way football works below the level of the `big boys`.

So you'd have been happy for Tammy to get recalled last season right?

19 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

So you'd have been happy for Tammy to get recalled last season right?

If those were the rules then yes. We would have known there was a risk of it and planned accordingly.

The old way it was done was far better than it is now. All it encourages clubs to do now is stockpile young players `just in case` and they never get any game time. Many good young (and predominantly English) players will end up leaving the game as a result.

Take someone like Lloyd Kelly for us. We decided he needed to stay around in case we needed him and he`s barely played. Under the old system we could loan him out to Plymouth or somewhere where he would get men`s football and recall him if needed or we weren`t happy with the way he was being used.

To take the Tammy scenario; look at it from the other side. Suppose he had turned out to be total crap and disruptive would you have been happy if he stayed and we kept paying him his wages for the season or rather we`d been able to send him back?

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

If those were the rules then yes. We would have known there was a risk of it and planned accordingly.

The old way it was done was far better than it is now. All it encourages clubs to do now is stockpile young players `just in case` and they never get any game time. Many good young (and predominantly English) players will end up leaving the game as a result.

Take someone like Lloyd Kelly for us. We decided he needed to stay around in case we needed him and he`s barely played. Under the old system we could loan him out to Plymouth or somewhere where he would get men`s football and recall him if needed or we weren`t happy with the way he was being used.

To take the Tammy scenario; look at it from the other side. Suppose he had turned out to be total crap and disruptive would you have been happy if he stayed and we kept paying him his wages for the season or rather we`d been able to send him back?

We also knew the rules when we loaned them out...

I think we should be thankful of these rules. We may not be in this division if not for Tammy being here all year last season.

2 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

I think we should be thankful of these rules. We may not be in this division if not for Tammy being here all year last season.

We did but my point is why change a system that was working and benefitting smaller clubs, and more importantly, young players for a rigid one that only really benefits the big clubs who can afford to stockpile players just to hedge their bets?

it`s telling to me that more and more youngsters that are on the books of big prem clubs but have no chance of getting to the first team are choosing to leave and try and get regular football elsewhere, even overseas.

In my view it was change for change`s sake and there was no need to do it.

3 hours ago, Robin TBW said:

Not really, we had him on a no recall loan, so Chelsea couldn't have called him back last January if they wanted to.

With these new rules recalls can still happen, but only in transfer windows.

Tammy being on a no recall loan means Chelsea couldn't have recalled him under either set of rules.

On 09/12/2017 at 19:23, tinman85 said:

It needs to stop? He isn't good enough. Offers nothing. Fulham fans laughing at us taking him on loan. League two striker at best. Appreciate your opinion but the one signing of the summer who has been a flop. 

He offer more to the team then you do to this forum you plum

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

I've Had Enough of pun threads on OTIB. Seriously, it feels like I'm The One person on here who's sane. Right, I've off, I've got to Cut my Hair at 5:15.

come on its a bit of fun for the youngsters, after all the kids are alright 

On 09/12/2017 at 15:27, Red Right Hand said:

If experience over the last three windows tell us anything it`s that we won`t be letting this sneak up on us and will have players lined up ready to go almost from day one of this one. Not for the Villa game but with the cup game at Watford the following Saturday to that, certainly by the time we play Norwich at home on the 13th.

The only thing we may have to bite the bullet on is that everyone knows we have money and an injury crisis and will price accordingly.

Would be nice to have a couple in time to run out for the Watford game-perfect match to start bedding in a new face or two..

Archived