IGNORED

six games in sixteen days

the frampton balti

starting with the ex champions of europe against the future champions of europe x2 .

Have we ever faced such a challenge before?

surely with our over stretched squad .... somethings got to break. 

by  5 oclock on the 1st of january we will know our true credentials this season. we may well have a new hero. Step forward lloyd kelly, zac vyner or maybe even cauley woodrow or Aden Flint ....striker!!!

excitng times to be a city fan....

Have to assume we will drop points against Villa and Wolves while Reading, QPR and Forest are beatable but with the amount of games will be tough. Forest is huge. 3 points and the pressure is off a bit for the next few league games. Of course we will want more but 9 to start that run would be huge.

If we are still top six after the Villa game I think we have to be genuine contenders.

It is also worth bearing in mind that if we were to lose all of the next five league games - which we won`t -  the worst position we could end up in mathematically is 16th. Realistically, if we were to go on a losing run over Christmas, we would almost certainly stay in the top half and in all probability still be in the top ten.

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

If we are still top six after the Villa game I think we have to be genuine contenders.

It is also worth bearing in mind that if we were to lose all of the next five league games - which we won`t -  the worst position we could end up in mathematically is 16th. Realistically, if we were to go on a losing run over Christmas, we would almost certainly stay in the top half and in all probability still be in the top ten.

Moderately less confident after this post :(

1 minute ago, cummins17 said:

Be interesting to see who starts the united game, wonder if LJ is willing to risk more injuries before a big league run. My lineup for the united game personally would be; 

Fielding

Wright

Flint

Mags

Bryan

Brownhill

Smith

Pack

Elliason

Reid

Taylor

Steele has played all cup games hasnt he?

4 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

I'd give Lloyd Kelly a go and push joe further up maybe even use him centre mid ....is leko cuptied? probably knowing our luck

I think Leko and Woodrow are both unavailable v Manchester. Does not actually leave us with much, if Smith is out. Bench could he fun.

52 minutes ago, cummins17 said:

Think it will be tough on Frankie to leave him out for such a big game 

Alternatively, be tough on Steele when he was the keeper that got us there.

Tough call but Lee Johnson's problem and his alone thankfully.

Personally, I would have no problem with the game being used to give a runout to some of the more 'fringe' players as in previous rounds, giving a couple of the regulars more of a rest.

4 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Alternatively, be tough on Steele when he was the keeper that got us there.

Tough call but Lee Johnson's problem and his alone thankfully.

Personally, I would have no problem with the game being used to give a runout to some of the more 'fringe' players as in previous rounds, giving a couple of the regulars more of a rest.

Completely agree with this. Not a tough call for LJ at all. All about the League now. Job done in Cup with 1 1/2 million grossed for this game alone. Rest up Frankie, Baker, Reid, Bryan and give kids a run. Do same v Watford in FACup, strengthen in Jan then League all the way. Surely the only way forward.

Good to see they have an extra game with Bournemouth on Wednesday before going to West Brom on Sunday. Massively bigger squad and far more used to 3 games in a week with European games added to domestic competitions.

i hope Johnson allows all the senior squad who want to the chance to play in one of the biggest games of their careers to date

17 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I'd go

Steele

Vyner

Flint

Mags

Kelly

Elliasson 

Bakinson

Smith 

Pack

Paterson 

Taylor

no weakened sides we should be introducing youngsters one at a time as and when we need them . which we surely will. there is a strong case for loan recalls at moment. there is no case for dropping bobby what that idiot said on the telly was well off the mark lets not even think about man u until after forest...

22 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Bakinson against Manchester is a terrifying prospect, and without Brownhill?

Would rest Brownhill, and didn't LJ say that Bakinson could be starting for us by the end of the year? I reckon this would be a good game to give him some first team experience in

24 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Would rest Brownhill, and didn't LJ say that Bakinson could be starting for us by the end of the year? I reckon this would be a good game to give him some first team experience in

Brownhill will wanna start being die hard Man City and United releases him as a kid, will wanna smash them for those reasons

Steele

Wright Flint Baker Mags

Brownhill Pack Bryan Pato

Reid Taylor

Or Eliasson on the right, Brownhill in the middle and Pato with Reid. It would be criminal to us and to the players to have it any other way. The league is priority but now we have this fixture it needs to be taken seriously. I am sure if they play against Manchester they won’t use it as an excuse if they are subpar at QPR. 

Archived